Now is not a good time to be selling on Ebay

seraphim7s

• Members

I'm moving into a new flat next week, and I decided to sell my MIJ Jazz bass and my Ashdown ABM (British made) 4x10 cab to raise some funds. I was really bitterly disappointed with what they made, especially compared to what they would have made in the earlier part of the year. I saw a 1980 Rickenbacker 4003 go for

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I've noticed too, and dammit, I'm on hard times now and need to sell some equipment to generate income.

I suppose I'll post some ads on TB and craiglist, but I feel that the best exposure (and so generally, with a wider audience, the better potential of bringing a higher sale price) would be acheived through ebay.

Any suggestions other than waiting out the soft market?

• Moderators
Nope. It should perk up again in November/DEc right before the holidays always does. Maybe not as much as other years, but even the worst retail predictions are for a flat year, which would still be pretty decent.

Yep. And right after the holidays when folks have gift money to spend should be good, too.

• Members

I stopped selling on eBay when they jacked up the fees - especially the PayPal fees. Insult to injury, it was.
:mad:

yeah, almost seems not worth the effort anymore (depends upon the item and what you have invested in it, of course)

so where do you sell your stuff now? have you found another worthwhile option?

• Members

More like the reprocutions of their new rules back in March. A lot of people stopped selling on eBay because of that.

+1

that's why i quit using ebay.

btw,

all you guys that need to sell stuff - just send it to me and i'll keep it out of your way indefinitely free of charge :)

:poke:

• Members

+1

btw,

all you guys that need to sell stuff - just send it to me and i'll keep it out of your way indefinitely free of charge
:)

really you'd do that for me?!!?

see i found this old dildo in my moms old dresser and well im tired of it being around

what your address?

• Members

Where do you generally list your pedals, Guttermouth? TB, here, CL?

as far as the pedals go - to be completely honest, i've been too busy for months now to have extras to sell.

the last time i had any though, between my local business, here and the random emails i get they were gone quickly.hopefully i'll have my site up soon and have a couple of each model ready to go 24/7 .

• Members

I just sold my MTD Kingston 5 (older passive model) on eBay. I was pleasantly surprised when it had been bid up to $320 two days before auction end. I would've been perfectly happy had it ended at that amount, and I was offering free shipping.

Well, the highest bidder canceled, giving the reason as "I entered the wrong amount." :rolleyes: His max bid was $327.50

That was okay, 'cause the next bidder was still pretty high. That was until I got an email from him saying "I want to let you know that if I win this auction I will not be buying the bass. I bought another one in a store because last time I checked the auction I was outbid." :mad: I informed him that if he won the auction, I'd have to file a non-paying bidder report and take all the necessary steps to get my listing fees returned.

This douche canceled his bid of course. His max was $315.

The bass ended today, for $251.50

Oh well.

• Members

+1

btw,

all you guys that need to sell stuff - just send it to me and i'll keep it out of your way indefinitely free of charge
:)

+2 to that

How many pedals of mine do you have now, counting the 2 in the works? 4? 5? :facepalm:

• Members

I just sold my MTD Kingston 5 (older passive model) on eBay. I was pleasantly surprised when it had been bid up to $320 two days before auction end. I would've been perfectly happy had it ended at that amount, and I was offering free shipping.

Well, the highest bidder canceled, giving the reason as "I entered the wrong amount."
:rolleyes:
His max bid was $327.50

That was okay, 'cause the next bidder was still pretty high. That was until I got an email from him saying "I want to let you know that if I win this auction I will not be buying the bass. I bought another one in a store because last time I checked the auction I was outbid."
:mad:
I informed him that if he won the auction, I'd have to file a non-paying bidder report and take all the necessary steps to get my listing fees returned.

This douche canceled his bid of course. His max was $315.

The bass ended today, for $251.50

Oh well.

I had a similar sale for a bass amp go from $600 down to $350 through second offers from deadbeats taking weeks to decide they need to back out of their winning bids. The winner at $350 lived in australia and it would cost more than that to ship it out to him. :rolleyes:

By the time it was all over and done with, it had taken too long to get my fees reversed (I eventually did after much protest, but they didn't make it easy), and the amp never sold. I still have it, probably keeping it now, it's worth $600, I'm not letting it go for half that, I don't need to lose it that badly.

Archived