Now is not a good time to be selling on Ebay

seraphim7s

• Members

I'm holding on to the Fender until later next month. I took it to a tech yesterday to get it fixed up and fully functional.

Has anyone seen that Spector 5 Euro for sale here for $700!? Seriously I can't believe I haven't bought it yet!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
pffft....

umm 5? at the moment there's probably 15-20 pedals and about 6 amps here that don't belong to me
:facepalm:
btw - your paralooper and pd-7 are ready to go.

Cool. Wondering if it's worth holding off until you can get to building the other 2 pedals for me for shipment or not. I'm not pressing to need to get those 2 in my hands ATM.

• Members

Cool. Wondering if it's worth holding off until you can get to building the other 2 pedals for me for shipment or not. I'm not pressing to need to get those 2 in my hands ATM.

aaaah. well - i've got the boards and enclosures for the other two here and can probably have them done inside a week or two.however you wanna do it is fine with me.

• Members

aaaah. well - i've got the boards and enclosures for the other two here and can probably have them done inside a week or two.however you wanna do it is fine with me.

Enclosures too? Were you able to fit things the way I wanted intot he small size or did you have to go up one in the end? What colours are they so I know what to keep in mind when I do the graphics?

• Members

Enclosures too? Were you able to fit things the way I wanted intot he small size or did you have to go up one in the end? What colours are they so I know what to keep in mind when I do the graphics?

i think we're gonna have to go up a size.i'll go through all my enclosures today and see which ones the layout is cleanest in.

• Members
I'll :poke: you
because
you're my bitch, bitch. :poke:

You've always liked the surprise butt secks from me before.

:mad:

*blushes*

I just picked up some Panther jerseys for the girlfriend and kiddo for under $20 each off ebay :thu:

Looking out for an authentic Julius Peppers and Griffey Jr for me, there've been several go for ~$40 :eek:

• Members

And under the old rules you could have slagged his feedback, but now, buyers can't do crap. And if your :star" satisfaction rating falls belwo 4.5/5, they can suspend your account. Bastages!!!

didn't you mean to say that sellers can't do crap?

As a buyer, I hated being 'held hostage' on feedback by sellers when I had promptly communicated and paid and done everything right on my end, and I did think the feedback system needed re-working . . .

But the present incarnation of feedback isn't quite fair to sellers, when buyers can behave like they did with J., coupled with the increases in the 'bay & Pay fees.

• Members

You know the MTD Kingston 5 I sold on eBay for $251? Well, the buyer is giving me the runaround. The auction ended on 10/22 and I still haven't received payment. The first post-auction message I get from him is one telling me that he's got some auctions ending Thursday and that he'll be able to pay me after that. Of course, he ends the message with prompting me to check out what he's selling. The questions keep coming. He asks if the pickguard is plain white or pearloid. He asks how the pickup is wired. He sends me seven or eight messages like this, after the auction has ended and he had the highest bid.

Well, I finally decided to send him a formal invoice. I want to do that so I can send a payment reminder, then go through the non-paying bidder route if necessary. Of course he'll be able to sting me with negative feedback if I do that, and I won't be able to do jack about it.

After I sent the invoice, I got this message:

Get ready cause here it come. What about that stand man?

Now, the pictures I took of the bass had it on a guitar stand. "Stand included" was nowhere in the auction, nor was it even implied. I think I'm in for the long haul on this one. :facepalm: Maybe he'll pull through, but who knows?

• Members
You know the MTD Kingston 5 I sold on eBay for $251? Well, the buyer is giving me the runaround. The auction ended on 10/22 and I still haven't received payment. The first post-auction message I get from him is one telling me that he's got some auctions ending Thursday and that he'll be able to pay me after that. Of course, he ends the message with prompting me to check out what he's selling. The questions keep coming. He asks if the pickguard is plain white or pearloid. He asks how the pickup is wired. He sends me seven or eight messages like this,
after
the auction has ended and he had the highest bid.

Well, I finally decided to send him a formal invoice. I want to do that so I can send a payment reminder, then go through the non-paying bidder route if necessary. Of course he'll be able to sting me with negative feedback if I do that, and I won't be able to do jack about it.

After I sent the invoice, I got this message:

Get ready cause here it come. What about that stand man?

Now, the pictures I took of the bass had it on a guitar stand. "Stand included" was nowhere in the auction, nor was it even implied. I think I'm in for the long haul on this one.
:facepalm:
Maybe he'll pull through, but who knows?

This is why I quit eBay; no protection for the seller anymore. And eBay gets their piece of the pie regardless of what happens. And the well-intentioned seller gets negative feedback.

I've gone old school: the local newspaper. :thu:

• Members

The only reason I'm still with eBay is because they offer the largest amount of potential buyers and I usually get a better price than I could ever get locally. Most of the time things don't even sell locally, even if the asking price is more than reasonable.

• Members

The only reason I'm still with eBay is because they offer the largest amount of potential buyers and I usually get a better price than I could ever get locally. Most of the time things don't even sell locally, even if the asking price is more than reasonable.

You're right, of course, but for me it's just a matter of principle.

Archived