Now is not a good time to be selling on Ebay

seraphim7s

• Members

Well, the guy paid. Unfortunately, he's being a bit of tool. He paid me via PayPal on Thursday afternoon. I work 2pm to 10pm, so I wasn't able to ship it. I'm going to take the package to FedEx right now, less than 24 hours after I received payment from him. In that time, I've received the following messages:

On Thursday evening, while I was at work-

Any tracking number yet?

Early this morning -

Is Paypal giving you problem on the payment, like the item has to arrive to my resident before paying you? Where is the tracking number?

This guy needs to chill out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the guy paid. Unfortunately, he's being a bit of tool. He paid me via PayPal on Thursday afternoon. I work 2pm to 10pm, so I wasn't able to ship it. I'm going to take the package to FedEx right now, less than 24 hours after I received payment from him. In that time, I've received the following messages:

Any tracking number yet?

Early this morning -

Is Paypal giving you problem on the payment, like the item has to arrive to my resident before paying you? Where is the tracking number?

Holy {censored}, that's a tad excessive. There is a reason some people put disclaimers in their auctions that due to life, you may need up to 72 hours to ship any order. It doesn't matter how buried it is in disclaimers and details, if it's there you can show them and say sorry.

I work a day job and my local shipping store closes at 6, I get home at 6 depending on traffic. The very real liklihood exists that I need to wait until the weekend to ship, there is nothing I can do about it if the roads are busy.

• Members

Any tracking number yet?

Early this morning -

I make it very clear upfront that if I'm not paid immediately, don't expect an immediate shipment. Even then, I need time as do most people.

People who hassle you about paying, then stir up a mess for non-immediate shipment are the worst.

• Members

FWIW, I put up one of my guitar amps on the local CL yesterday, I have 2 guys coming over today, and 4 more on the line. It's a bargain price for a nice amp, so I can understand why there are so many sharks in the water, but this is crazy!! Too bad CL doesn't have an auction area....

• Members

Ebay has stuck it to the seller's so bad, I am not sure if I want to use them anymore. Isn't the sellers where they make their money? Anyway, layoffs at my Ford plant have driven home the need for me to sell some gear, but I refuse to get raped on prices and Ebay fees, then get negative feedback for no reason from an A-hole buyer. Ebay is so ripe for some competition from another auction site it isn't funny. Surely, somebody can take them on.

• Members

There have been attempts such as boxlot.com, but none of them worked. Yahoo used to have auctions as well. eBay is just so huge, people keep selling there because they know it has the largest buying audience.

• Members
Ebay has stuck it to the seller's so bad, I am not sure if I want to use them anymore. Isn't the sellers where they make their money? Anyway, layoffs at my Ford plant have driven home the need for me to sell some gear, but I refuse to get raped on prices and Ebay fees, then get negative feedback for no reason from an A-hole buyer. Ebay is so ripe for some competition from another auction site it isn't funny. Surely, somebody can take them on.

Yeah, I quit selling on ePay, too. I've tried the classifieds in the local paper and sold a few things. Just a suggestion. :cool:

Archived