OT: This makes me about as angry at society as I can get...

lokidecat

• Members

This woman is a total, complete, {censored}. I think we can all agree on that.

But. I love how this ONE woman is now what's wrong with EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING in America. I know tons of people and not one of them is like this. They all work for a living and earn everything they get.

This woman is the extreme example at the end of the curve which the media loves to exploit because they know everybody will get all crazy about it. The media knows this kind of {censored} sells papers and drives up ratings. Reporting about people who actually live normal, responsible lives aren't interesting. They don't make the news.

Yes. There are plenty of free-loaders and irresponsible people running around. But. It's always been that way throughout history. It's not a recent development exclusive to the U.S. I would have to say the vast majority of Americans are responsible, hard-working, and not like the idiots that we see on the news.

I just wish dirt-bags like this woman didn't make the news.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least you'll be able to pay the money back better once you finally finish school and go to work as a librarian.
:D

Heh, I've already got a career and am paying back the loans...

The school where I work has so much cash, they put on "Spa days" for the employees and are pushing me to go to Europe on their dime just so I can take pictures for my lecture powerpoints...:D

But librarian...that'd also be an option :p

• Members
The school where I work has so much cash, they put on "Spa days" for the employees and are pushing me to go to Europe on their dime just so I can take pictures for my lecture powerpoints...

Ah, you work at a school now, my bad. I've heard you mention your school, I just thought you were still attending.

That's a pretty sweet deal there. Do they need a web/server administrator? I'm sick of this place and could go for some spa days for sure. :lol:

• Moderators

Huh? You can borrow money as a student loan to pay living expenses for your 14 children?

The same way we can bailout big insurance/investment houses and they use the money to throw expensive parties in Vegas. Now if the government is going to cap exec pay, perhaps they can limit what people can purchase, while they get government backed loans to go to school, too. It's only fair.

• Members
Ah, you work at a school now, my bad. I've heard you mention your school, I just thought you were still attending.

Doing both...though making quite a bit more than a starting tenure track university job has sapped my drive a bit on the Ph.D. :D

That's a pretty sweet deal there. Do they need a web/server administrator? I'm sick of this place and could go for some spa days for sure.
:lol:

Actually, our tech and communications guys are pretty awesome. This is the first place I've ever worked where I actually bother to call them instead of just fixing it myself.

Anyway, to work here, you'd have to live in LA...{censored}ing cesspool...:D

• Members
Now if the government is going to cap exec pay, perhaps they can limit what people can purchase, while they get government backed loans to go to school, too. It's only fair.

They do. :p

If the government could prove she's using the funds improperly, then she can go to jail.

That said, room and board (for you and any dependents) is a legitimate expense...Of course, I don't think the people who wrote those particular rules thought they'd apply to a mentally ill clown car with mommy issues...

• Members

interestingly, the website for this psychotic sociopath is sponsored by a public relations and marketing group.

And this surprises you at all? Look at hte press behind this. That doesn't jsut happen, you have to promote the fact.

as a physician, i'm incensed. as an american - and a taxpayer, i'm disgusted, irritated and angry. and as a man, i'm totally repulsed.

I'm a Canadian office monkey and I am all of that too.

• Moderators
They do.
:p

If the government could prove she's using the funds improperly, then she can go to jail.

That said, room and board (for you and any dependents) is a legitimate expense...Of course, I don't think the people who wrote those particular rules thought they'd apply to a mentally ill clown car with mommy issues...

I know. I paid my own way through school and that included those loans. Funny thing is I didn't buy basses or motorcycles with them. I used the coinage for the intended purpose. :o

• Members
I know. I paid my own way through school and that included those loans. Funny thing is I didn't buy basses or motorcycles with them. I used the coinage for the intended purpose.
:o

Well, if the loan is your only source of income, then it's easy to say. If you've got other income, unless you're spending more than that income on non-approved expenses, nothing can be proven.

I can legitimately say I used my income from TAing to buy my reverend. But I know that's rationalizing. I could have taken $1100 less in loans if I hadn't bought it, but I technically didn't use loan funds for anything but their intended purpose.

• Members
Well, if the loan is your only source of income, then it's easy to say. If you've got other income, unless you're spending more than that income on non-approved expenses, nothing can be proven.

I can legitimately say I used my income from TAing to buy my reverend. But I know that's rationalizing. I could have taken $1100 less in loans if I hadn't bought it, but I technically didn't use loan funds for anything but their intended purpose.

superiorkitteh128507876619062500.jpg

• Members

I'm not gonna jump on the whole 'oh no, society iz going to hell in teh handbasket', but I do agree that this is gross and inappropriate.

Maybe we should just move on to cloning for all procreation, and {censored} only for pleasure? Isn't that how Brave New World worked kinda? FEED ME SOMA!

• Members

I'm not gonna jump on the whole 'oh no, society iz going to hell in teh handbasket', but I do agree that this is gross and inappropriate.

Maybe we should just move on to cloning for all procreation, and {censored} only for pleasure? Isn't that how
Brave New World
worked kinda? FEED ME SOMA!

You are going in a completely opposite direction here.

Humans were never intended to birth "litters".

• Members

So ABC news just reported that this woman is receiving death threats. Come on now people!

She's a drain on society, and a waste of skin, but let's not stoop to murder! Besides, then she'll turn into a martyr and saint!

Awesome! I wouldn't murder her, but I think it's funny that people are making threats to point out what a worthless piece of {censored} she is.

• Moderators
So ABC news just reported that this woman is receiving death threats.

That is just dumb and completely irrational. I think it would be funny for the people who make the death threats to get multiple death threats in return. What the woman has done is really quite ridiculous, but the more her story stays out in the open and the more her mouth opens, the case of people who are against her (and those who share her leeching attitudes) grows much stronger.

Archived