Palin resigns as Gov of Alaska

knuckle_head

• Members

I'm watching her speech now, it makes my head hurt.

She's not an eloquent speaker.

Her speech had no commas, periods or paragraphs.

A perfect example of a run-on speech.

She looked as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, no doubt that was a terrible speech. I should have waited to hear it from Tina Fey. It takes her 20 minutes to resign? And at the end she says she's not going to explain?

I think if she didn't intend to run for senate/pres in the next cycle this would have been a 5 minute speech. "I'm quitting because I'm not effective anymore, and Parnell can advance our policies better now." End. Instead she starts with a summary of how great she is. It's a campaign speech.

Parnell only takes a few minutes to accept his new role.

This does make her look like a quitter who cares more about her self than about her state, but we already knew that from how she ditched us to try for VP. However, if she is active and actually does some {censored} in the next two years she could soften that appearance.

• Moderators

He doesn't. Neither do I. It is a reasonable conclusion based on her remarks. If anything can be drawn from what she said it is that she is taking her game to the national stage.

Reasonable is different than banking on it. Try taking a closer look at Morris' comments-

• ....Palin is dealing with a hostile legislature and Democratic critics who have showered her with unfounded ethics complaints.

• But Morris was perplexed over how resigning in the middle of her term would help her in a presidential run

• Moderators
This does make her look like a quitter who cares more about her self than about her state, but we already knew that from how she ditched us to try for VP. However, if she is active and actually does some {censored} in the next two years she could soften that appearance.

Obama quit the Senate a few years early. Look how that worked out for him.:lol:

• Members

I would speculate either she has done something really wrong; or Karl Rove is going to need this much dedicated time to make her sound like a viable Republican presidential candidate in 2012.

Karl Rove is bad news. I had many dealings with his consulting firm in the mid-to-late '90s, and they were arrogant, rude, obnoxious and condescending--traits they undoubtedly learned from their boss. They were only interested in power and money and didn't give a darn about people they felt superior to.

Rove himself had a role in the treasonous 'outing' of CIA agent Valerie Palame. Even Sarah Palin would be wise to avoid Rove.

• Members
Obama quit the Senate a few years early. Look how that worked out for him.
:lol:

Um, different circumstance there. You can't serve as US Senator and US President at the same time. It's not like Palin resigned as governor to be Senator.

• Members

Maybe ...

Todd Palin has been cheating on her and used her governorship as an excuse for him being lonely. So, she's stepped down to keep her husband.

This kind of news on a Friday afternoon. Holiday weekend. I doubt this is about Palin clearing a path to the national stage. I think it's quite the opposite: she's going under the radar.

She wants to help unify the country along conservative values? Maybe as a radio talkshow host or something. Something where scandal won't have the impact it'd have if she were still in office.

There's something un-good that's driving her resignation.

• Moderators

McMorris' conclusion is the same as mine and Jeff's.
:idk:

His conclusion is considerably different. He doesn't know how quitting could possibly help her, yet she's made this move so she can go national? That doesn't make much sense. Let me quote Morris again -

• ....Palin is dealing with a hostile legislature and Democratic critics who have showered her with unfounded ethics complaints.

• She was always bothered that she wasn

• Members

According to Morris points, between the "unfounded ethical complaints" as well as being a national figure, she's unable to serve Alaskans as Governor as well as she feels they should be.

Does this mean that you quit the job as a result? How about providing evidence to dispel any dark clouds of ethical doubt raised by your opponents, narrowing the scope of your attention back to the state of Alaska, and dropping off the national scene for a while? My opinion is that if her primary concern was the quality of service she was providing to the citizens of Alaska, there were much better ways of improving that than just up and quitting. The converse is also true to me, which is that if quitting was the best solution she could come up with in response to whatever issues she was experiencing, the quality of public service she was providing for her constituents was most likely not the primary factor for her decision.

My gut tells me that there's more to this.

• Moderators

His conclusion is considerably different.

His conclusion is that she is doing it to move to the national stage (same as mine and Jeff's) and that it is a clumsy, if not simply poor, move (same as mine and Jeff's). :idk:

• Members

Being a Republican is usually good enough for some.

No foolin' - yet, liberals like HBC are the 1st to pronounce their tolerance for others... Ordinarily, I'd say he's pretty bright - but he's certainly showing his lack of maturity on this thread, IMO...

- georgestrings

Archived