Controversial - Homosexuals 12,500 - Neo Nazis 0

knuckle_head

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are plenty of gays in the military still. It's when they come out that they have problems . If a race supremacist came out I'd like to think that they would be processed for discharge the same way.

I generally disagree with the way the military handles homosexuality. I don't give a {censored} who you {censored} as long as you do your job in a professional and competent manner. Pretty soon we'll all be gay, might as well get used to it folks:D

• Members

There are plenty of gays in the military still. It's when they come out that they have problems . If a race supremacist came out I'd like to think that they would be processed for discharge the same way.

I generally disagree with the way the military handles homosexuality. I don't give a {censored} who you {censored} as long as you do your job in a professional and competent manner.

I ommitted the last line but, yes, well said

• Moderators

In my time in the Navy, I knew and served with several admitted racists. In every case, their attitude was along the lines of, "I believe that, on average, blacks are not as smart as whites. But the guys I serve with have proved to me that they belong here." Kind of a, "They're a credit to their race" attitude.

Ultimately, what they believe is one thing. How they act is often another. I don't think there's any basis for discharging anyone based on what they believe. I think that's a very dangerous road to start down.

• Members

An interesting idea I heard along the way:

"The battle has already been lost"

The next generation really doesn't care about the whole gay vs. straight thing.

At all.

It's a complete non-issue for them, and younger folks don't understand why it's even being discussed.

• Members

At all.

It's a complete non-issue for them, and younger folks don't understand why it's even being discussed.

+1

Yep. This seems pretty obvious to young people. I remember seeing a graph on CNN when prop. 8 passed that showed that if no one over the age of 65 had voted it would have passed by a landslide.

• Members

At all.

While I understand why its being discussed, I think its absolutely retarded.

• Members

I would just as soon not know the dudes I share my open bay barracks with, and that I shower with are gay.

No matter where you shower in a public place, chances are you are showering with someone who likes to play with your sex.

I used to go to a gym in a gay area of town. Never had an issue, never cared much. In fact, I'm fine if some guy was admiring my bod on the sly. This has happened to me before, and I learned after the fact that the man was gay.

Simply put, it's a non-issue until someone makes an advance. Then the correct response is, "No, thank you. +- I'm flattered.". Unless you want to indulge the opportunity of course.

Nobody has issues with lesbian fantasies, but put the shoe on the other foot and the hypocrisy comes out of the closet. The reality is that a significant proportion of the dudes out there would love to suck your dick. Get used to it.

• Members

I served with a number of gay soldiers in my time. I also knew several avowed skinheads. I'll take a gay trooper any day over a racist @ssh@le.

'Don't ask, don't tell' is a failure. It gives commanders too much leeway to retain 'good' gay troops and get rid of the 'bad' ones. Either ban gays outright (which is a waste of potential talent) or allow them to serve without restriction. I favor the latter.

• Members

i served in the Navy and i'm sure there were gay sailors around. i was on a sub too...que the gay jokes here... it was never an issue. it was said earlier, i could care less who you screw, just do your job the best you can. when the {censored} hits the fan and the water is coming into the people space, are you going to care that the guy patching the hole in the hull likes to smoke the pole?

as for racism, well there's something else that goes away on a sub. i saw first hand how a few guys came on board with attitudes about race. after some time these same guys were out at the bars buying drinks for people regardless of what they looked like. maybe it's the close-quarters working environment of the submarine, but what ever the case you learn to work with and depend on everyone in the ship's crew. in my opinion, racism simply can't survive in these conditions. it's a beautiful thing.

kgb :thu:

• Members

At all.

Yes. I laugh at people who still care, personally.

• Members

The reality is that a significant proportion of the dudes out there would love to suck your dick. Get used to it.

HA HA.......... I would guess the number is similar to the number of hetero females that would love to do the same. I might, in the rose colored glasses I wear reminiscing about my ill spent youth, like to pretend that it is a significant proportion, but I don't think so.

I hate racists.

I have worked with gay guys, I really don't care. I am sure it makes me flawed, or some sort of hypocrite, but I just don't need to "know". I will mention and talk about my wife in conversation, so I know my sexual preference is pretty well known. I do not discuss details of my sex life at work, nor do I feel the need to announce explicitly that I am hetero. I do not discuss the sexual appeal of co-workers of the opposite sex, and am very uncomfortable when others do. Occasionally enough so to comment to the offending party about it. I just don't see the importance of being "loud and proud" I do not introduce myself as "My name is xxxxx, I like to have sex with women" It is an insignificant part of my identity, and I pity those who's sexual preference is central to their being.

I have been around same sex couples in social gatherings, that is not an issue. I do not mind casual displays of affection. I do not need to see any couple, same sex or otherwise, going at it in public.

• Moderators

Someone's afraid of how they really feel...
:wave:

Probably not. But I do have a sincere question about the comment. Why would it bother you to know who is and isn't gay in your barracks and shower? I guess that if the knowledge were more out in the open it might make it more acceptable for comments to be made that you don't want to hear? :idk: I'm just wondering what changes in that situation.

• Members

Probably not. But I do have a sincere question about the comment. Why would it bother you to know who is and isn't gay in your barracks and shower? I guess that if the knowledge were more out in the open it might make it more acceptable for comments to be made that you don't want to hear?
:idk:
I'm just wondering what changes in that situation.

Well, I always feel awkward when I'm showering around gay men. I just feel that gay is an improper emotion for showering. I prefer showering around somber men. I mean, what with the slippery floor and all, being too gay in the shower is dangerous - you start dancing out of joy and next thing you know you've fallen down and banged your head. Gaiety is fine, but there's a time and a place for it, y'know?

Archived