Controversial - Homosexuals 12,500 - Neo Nazis 0

knuckle_head

• Members
I've got a gay friend who was in the Navy, he always joked that many of his crewmates' sexuality was directly related to how many mooring lines were attached to the ship
:D

As for gay dudes, I wouldn't personally worry, since I'm evidently as oblivious to gay dudes hitting on me as I am women hitting on me...I've got several instances for both where friends came up afterward and said
"Dude, weren't you wondering why he/she bought you multiple drinks?"
:facepalm::D

I'm never oblivious to stuff like that. Now, let's talk about subwoofers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Personally, I'd find the irony of the Taliban being defeated in battle by a bunch of women and gays beautiful and poetic.

:D

I posted a link to an NPR article on the Politics Killer about people trying to get Barack to repeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'. I don't know that he will (could burn some bridges, not a HUGE issue amongst the populace), but it'd be awesome and courageous of him if he did. It just doesn't make a lick of sense to me, honestly. Whoever was talking about the generation gap or whatever, I think that's spot on. Younger folks grew up in a world where it was sort of tacitly accepted, instead of a horrible taboo. Just get the damn job done.

Besides, instead of opening up the ranks to the older and fatter, maybe we should be filling them w/ hot, hard, glistening chunks of warrior man-meat. :idea:

:freak::o:D

• Members

Here's an explanation (definition) from Websters-

modest- 3: observing the proprieties of dress and behavior

A public shower is a public shower - towels are a decent enough make-shift robe.

I am horribly immodest so I don't really get the modesty thing.

• Members

Here's an explanation (definition) from Websters-

modest- 3: observing the proprieties of dress and behavior

and in the shower everyone is naked. That is the normal dress and behavior. Not being comfortable naked around people in the shower and modesty are two different things in this instance

• Members

The reality is that a significant proportion of the dudes out there would love to suck your dick.

About 10% of the population if their estimates are to be believed... although I'm not sure all of them would consider me their type.

• Members

About 10% of the population if their estimates are to be believed...

That's a popular figure that isn't borne out by any clinical study (not even with Kinsey and his "interesting" methodology)...

Self-identification in anonymous clinical studies generally show 2-3% of males and 1-2% of females. Even if we assume that there are as many people so deeply in the closet that they won't even admit it in an anonymous study, it only puts the number at half the 1 in 10 that's often bandied about.

I once read someone (can't remember who) who was speculating that the reason 1 in 10 is so often mentioned is because we use a base 10 number system, and we like that number :D

• Members

and in the shower everyone is naked. That is the normal dress and behavior. Not being comfortable naked around people in the shower and modesty are two different things in this instance

Not necessarily. There are degrees to which things may become uncomfortable. If a guy stops to chat while you are toweling off can be a bit strange for some. Even just the proximity in the locker room can be a little unsettling. This has nothing to do with homophobia but rather a natural vulnerability. Now, if a guy is eyeballing you while you are showering, that could be quite uncomfortable I would imagine.

• Moderators

Not necessarily. There are degrees to which things may become uncomfortable. If a guy stops to chat while you are toweling off can be a bit strange for some. Even just the proximity in the locker room can be a little unsettling. This has nothing to do with homophobia but rather a natural vulnerability. Now, if a guy is eyeballing you while you are showering, that could be quite uncomfortable I would imagine.

You were asked why you were uncomfortable and you responded modesty. You then gave a definition of what you meant by modesty, but people are having a hard time understanding how that applies. Now you go back to describing situations that might make you uncomfortable and suggest your discomfort may be based on vulnerability. Are you afraid of being attacked?

Archived