Things people say to musicians that they should'nt

• Members

our Promoter for the classic heavy rock band:

"You might want to play your dance songs in the 2nd set, that's when they'll be eating dinner"
:lol:

:freak:

Can you vamp "Unskinny Bop" for like 45 minutes?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When we are madly scurrying about trying to get a replacement for a blown mains amp, broken kick drum pedal, or amp that fell off the truck:

"Can't you just play without it?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Patron: "Do you know ?"
Us: "No, we don't know that song"
Patron: "Sure you do, it goes "

------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you guys play anything good?"

• Members

"Y'all cant stop now we just got here" said at a race after we had played for 3 hours straight, with no breaks and had just finished a 20 minute improv jam where i had played lead for 15 minutes.(felt like telling them "well next time run a little faster")

"Can you guys play something everyone knows, like Toad and the Wet Sprocket?" right after we had finished Johnny B Goode, and was said in total sincerity

"wow did you guys write that?!" also after Johnny B Goode

"can you guys do bluegrass?" after we had finished a pretty heavy original called Doom

and my personal favorite....

"sluur bhadkd ma flishnfing? sluur bhadkd ma flishnfing! ("what?!") sluur bhadkd ma flishnfing!!!!!!!( then proceeds to fall down and dump beer on himself. Thank you for coming out Mr Sloppy Drunk Man, please do come again!

• Members

"Dude, you rule...Anyone ever tell you you look like Meat Loaf?" Noticing my discomfort and disdain for the comparison, he quips, "That's a compliment, bro." Er, not to me it wasn't.

Same thing, but insert "Jack Black" or "John Belushi" instead (I wore some Ray-Bans one night, so I guess I was asking for it. Apparently, if you're overweight, you get compared to other overweight people in the entertainment industry.)

"Tear it up on that thing!" (referring to my guitar...heard this one just last night...gee, I thought I was already doing that for your benefit...my bad! :rolleyes:)

"Can you play disco?" (I can, but we don't have a horn section or even any keyboards in the band. Probably not going to work too well, right?)

• Members

I hear people lie and say this to bands all the time.

No matter how horribly crappy the band is there are at least a few poepl esaying "You guys were awsome tonight".

Gee thanks for giving the ego to the idiots that have absolutely no talent to go with it.

• Members

I hear people lie and say this to bands all the time.

No matter how horribly crappy the band is there are at least a few poepl esaying "You guys were awsome tonight".

Gee thanks for giving the ego to the idiots that have absolutely no talent to go with it.

That post is awesome!

• Members

We love the customers

They always make suggestions (Play something good)

Later the brave ones

Ask us stupid questions (Say, what do you guys do for a living anyway?)

We are the Nowtones

You can't go wrong

Cause we say thank you

At the end of every song.

from the first Blotto album. www.Blotto.net

• Members
We love the customers

They always make suggestions (Play something good)

Later the brave ones

Ask us stupid questions (Say, what do you guys do for a living anyway?)

We are the Nowtones

You can't go wrong

Cause we say thank you

At the end of every song.

from the first Blotto album.
www.Blotto.net

I've so gotta get that album - I remember Blotto....

• Members

Could you play through your break?
No.
Please?
No. We only play 45 minute sets, unless someone contracts us for continuous music, which is a lot more expensive. But we will play really hard the whole 45minutes.

• Members

During a break at one of my gigs with my old hair metal cover band a young girl asked if we could play "my humps" from blackeyed peas. I thought for a minute and then asked "you mean during a break?". "no, will you guys play that for me and my girlfriend?"
"No, we don't know that one, sorry."

"WHY WON'T YOU PLAY A SONG FOR US?!?"

• Members

During a break at one of my gigs with my old hair metal cover band a young girl asked if we could play "my humps" from blackeyed peas. I thought for a minute and then asked "you mean during a break?". "no, will you guys play that for me and my girlfriend?"

Wow. Just wow.

I don't know why I'm surprised at that, but I just am.

• Members

Keep track of those requests. We use an ipod for set break music. It's chock full requested songs that the band doesn't perform.

• Members

That's right up there with:

"Hey, can you play _____?"

"I'm sorry, we don't know that one"

"What?! It goes like this..." then they proceed to hum or sing it.

Oh wow, NOW we know it! 1 2 3 4....

Archived