Springsteen halftime show

MartinC

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not even a huge fan and I thought he did a great job. And was glad to hear the good old songs that I remember back in the day.

At least he didnt turn it into some political thing, I was half expecting that.

Fook it, any of us should be so lucky to be playing that gig at any age! :p

• Members
I am not even a huge fan and I thought he did a great job. And was glad to hear the good old songs that I remember back in the day.

At least he didnt turn it into some political thing, I was half expecting that.

Fook it, any of us should be so lucky to be playing that gig at any age!
:p

yeah really. The guy can perform, better than I can. I'd give him an 8.5/10

I don't get all the naysaying.. but I'm not surprised either.

• Members
Feedback buster + IEM should solve that problem.

I thought it was an OK show, but not great. I've seen Springsteen in concert before and the shows are amazing but there is a really building process over the three hour span of the show and trying to condense it into 12 minutes is pretty much impossible. And I imagine the power slide was pretty damn painful... he might want to trim that move out of shows.

Sheryl and co. do it all the time, although they usually have a puck over their soundholes. And I know for a fact that Peter and Tim (when he plays electric) play pretty loud onstage.

• Members

It sounded like Brucie needs to hit the stair stepper a little more! But I'm sure some of the out-of-breath just just tons of adrenoline from playing a gig that huge.

DUDE! Have you ever BEEN to a Springsteen concert recently? I saw him at Jazzfest in New Orleans. I'm not the huge fan of the music that my wife is, but the level of showmanship, musicianship, polish and effort is WAY beyond most current and older bands. And all I can say its the damn Superbowl! Not his usual audience.

I hope I can pull something off nearly as good when I'm 60+.

Watch and learn.

• Members

Sheryl and co. do it all the time, although they usually have a puck over their soundholes.

Sheryl Crow? I only wish she'd put a puck over her soundhole.

Listen to the lyrics. It's not a happy, upbeat song.

I think his point was that it was a buzzkill for a Superbowl halftime show. I agree. He had about 150 other songs he could have done.

• Members

Sheryl Crow? I only
wish
she'd put a puck over her soundhole.

I think his point was that it was a buzzkill for a Superbowl halftime show. I agree. He had about 150 other songs he could have done.

You're entitled to your opinion. Either way, she has an absolutely killer band, especially Pete. And he is loud on stage, as is Sheryl and the rest of the band. I've heard that firsthand.

• Members

It's obvious...

The people here who are the biggest critics are *obviously* those who have done the big tours and played the big events and so *obviously* speak from first-hand experience. Thanks for your invaluable perspective on someone not quite as legendary as yourselves.

:poke:

• Members

I have to agree-he's an incredible live performer-his band is top notch. I was wondering if he could show that in 12 minutes at the super bowl. I don't think they did. It's a pretty tall order for any act I think. It's a better gig to sing the anthem -Whitney killed it several years ago and now Jennifer. I loved those performances and will remember them as great singers kicking serious butt.

DUDE! Have you ever BEEN to a Springsteen concert recently? I saw him at Jazzfest in New Orleans. I'm not the huge fan of the music that my wife is, but the level of showmanship, musicianship, polish and effort is WAY beyond most current and older bands. And all I can say its the damn Superbowl! Not his usual audience.

I hope I can pull something off nearly as good when I'm 60+.

Watch and learn.

• Moderators
It's obvious...

The people here who are the biggest critics are *obviously* those who have done the big tours and played the big events and so *obviously* speak from first-hand experience. Thanks for your invaluable perspective on someone not quite as legendary as yourselves.

:poke:

You're assuming everyone of the people here who disliked the half-time show are unqualified. To the contrary they were part of the target audience, you know, the people who watched the Super Bowl and the Halftime Show. That makes them more than qualified to comment. ;)

• Members
It's a better gig to sing the anthem -Whitney killed it several years ago and now Jennifer. I loved those performances and will remember them as great singers kicking serious butt.

You do realize that both of those performances were lip synced to a recording?

Is it any wonder it sounded so good? :lol:

• Members

How much "better" would the boss have sounded if he would have lip synced to his studio recordings?

I don't think that they're the same thing. Aerosmith lip-synced when they played the SB, but they also had Britney Spears (or was it Christina Aguilera?) That certainly was not better. The Stones lip-synced and they sucked. And I say that being a life-long rabid Stones fan. I was quite pleased that they didn't do any of that cross-market crap with Bruce. That was the best part, regardless of lip-syncing, or not.

• Members

you think somebody pulled him aside and said "look, Bruce, baby, that new stuff really sucks balls! stick with the classics!!!" I mean, love him or hate him, the guy has written 5 or 6 of the all time great classic rock songs, thank god he had the good sense to play two of them!

Archived