So, WHO'S giggin' tonight?

New Trail

• Members

Just finished my 2-5 at one bar. Quiet until 4:30 when everyone finished work then packed ad the next guys were loading in. I'm currently set up and waiting to start my 7-11 at another place. Originally I wad looking forward to two gigs but I'm REALLY tired mow and just wanna go to bed. That's what I get for being greedy.

• Members

I would be if I was in a band playing at the local W-Sa club, but since I'm not...I'm not. :D

Still considering the acoustic thing on weeknights. I like the idea, but not sure about what is needed to break into that market and then maintaining it ("keep away from my weekly gig!!!" :mad::lol:). Plus, I have guitar lessons sometimes until 7:00 p.m. during the week and that drains me already...

• Members

Just got back... terrible gig for us (based on what we're used too). 60-70 people all night,in and out... but never playing to more than 40 people at one time. At some out of the way place that never hosts bands but hired us as an event. Well it was a payday. I realize now why we never play St. Patty's Day gigs on weekdays... everyone takes the day off, calls out sick, runs to NYC or stays local... but 4-5pm they're spent and by 8pm they're at home in bed having to work the next day. We haven't played a weekday gig on St. Pat's in 4-5 years. We all remember why. Next year if we book it will be at noon and not at 7pm. :facepalm:

• Members

Just an update. First sets done place is crises. Tiredness went away when I started.

i gotta stop trying to type on my iphone:facepalm:

All in all it was a good day. The second bar turned out to be a good night. Originally, I thought it was a mistake to do two gigs but in hindsight as much as the money was good I'm more pleased with the fact that I could do the long day.

• Members

We played Saturday at a nice club near our hometown and had one of the biggest nights we ever had there. Pretty cool. As for St. Patty's Day... We didn't play. Just went out with a few friends and my Wife. She's as Irish as they come, without being from ireland. It was her birthday and she just wanted to have dinner and a few drinks with me and some of her close friends. It's something she doesn't get to do that much when we play!

• Members

We played our first St. Patrick's day gig last night.

Went pretty good, although the crowd was lighter than we're used to.

A bar that normally doesn't have live bands, so it's to be expected.

Small stage, but we made it work.

Beautiful women, drinks a flowing and a good time had by all.

:thu:

Archived