What happened to the "I'm Outta Here" thread?

New Trail

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vanlatte

View Post

Holy Shnizit! Blast from the past, man I miss you guys frown.gif

And what have you done with BndGrl mad.gif

Hows that Midwest tour shaking out? icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Oh crap, I just found your FB page. Dammit, see this is what happens when quality people are driven away by Assholes, I had no idea you guys are not together anymore.

frown.gif

Well, we were, then we took some time off for awhile, like a year and a half or so, then we fired back up. And as soon as we did, everyone's other stuff kept getting in the way - soooooo, we're still doing our thing, just not as regularly as we'd like to be. We all cool n stuff though. I admin that page (the one in my sig), hit my ass up, fool.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples

View Post

To be honest, I have a soft spot for Wade....back in the day, he was about the only guy that 'put up or shut up' when called out...about the only guy that actually showed, in real definable terms some talent and capability..

Wade has to learn what I learned...if they don't post up their music, you don't take them seriously.

Actually, it's that sort of "music as a competitive sport" attitude that gets guys like you and Wade into so much trouble and contributes greatly to the type of personal-attack nonsense that goes on around here.

Who "calls people out" or "puts up or shuts up" in a music forum? I mean, anyone older than 12, anyway?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vanlatte

View Post

My participation here has dropped from fairly active to "Eh why bother, the same 3 or 4 people are just going to muck everything up anyway"

.... In my opinion this place would be a lot better if there was a more hard nose approach and some of these asshats just banned....

I'd be interested in getting more insight into what you mean by "muck everything up".

I was the guy debating the issue of race / discrimination in the scenario laid out be the OP in the "Strange Requests From Entertainment Manager" thread that ultimately lead to Wade's "I'm outta here!" proclaimation - and while I love a good debate, I certainly don't engage in debate with the hopes of driving somebody out.

I'm therefore curious about what you (and anybody else who cares to comment) feel constitutes "mucking everything up".

I'm asking this question with all sincerity - and won't be offended by whatever responses my question receives. I for one would like to understand what you and others feel consistutes offensive behavior in this regards. I imagine that most of us are on the same page when it comes to things like name calling, profanity, threats, etc. My bet is that we're all over the map in terms of what constitutes a "personal attack" ... with some of us thinking attacking points made in the course of debate is "fair game" ... while others may feel that hearty attack of a debate point is tantamount to a personal attack.

It's very possible that I'm one of the "asshats" you would like to see banned - and I don't even realize it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman

View Post

I'd be interested in getting more insight into what you mean by "muck everything up".

I was the guy debating the issue of race / discrimination in the scenario laid out be the OP in the "Strange Requests From Entertainment Manager" thread that ultimately lead to Wade's "I'm outta here!" proclaimation - and while I love a good debate, I certainly don't engage in debate with the hopes of driving somebody out.

I'm therefore curious about what you (and anybody else who cares to comment) feel constitutes "mucking everything up".

I'm asking this question with all sincerity - and won't be offended by whatever responses my question receives. I for one would like to understand what you and others feel consistutes offensive behavior in this regards. I imagine that most of us are on the same page when it comes to things like name calling, profanity, threats, etc. My bet is that we're all over the map in terms of what constitutes a "personal attack" ... with some of us thinking attacking points made in the course of debate is "fair game" ... while others may feel that hearty attack of a debate point is tantamount to a personal attack.

It's very possible that I'm one of the "asshats" you would like to see banned - and I don't even realize it.

Ah, so you're the one who put Wade over the top. I was wondering what thread pissed him off. Thanks for steering me to, what turned out to be, a pretty funny series of posts. That's one of the things I like about this place. I can always count on some entertainment value here along with other stuff.

If he really is "outta here" I must say who is going to step up and fill the resulting entertainment gap.

I'm outta here....(until next time).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guido61

View Post

Actually, it's that sort of "music as a competitive sport" attitude that gets guys like you and Wade into so much trouble and contributes greatly to the type of personal-attack nonsense that goes on around here.

Who "calls people out" or "puts up or shuts up" in a music forum? I mean, anyone older than 12, anyway?

+1... this is BWTB, not the Land of Godlike Chops...

Personally, I learned exactly *one* thing from Wade in the year-plus I've been hanging around here (it was related to the blues scale FWIW). The other 98%+ of his posts were personal bull{censored}. Which is why I eventually put him on ignore.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guido61

View Post

I feel if you are going to wax expert on a music forum, you should at least show someone some of your work. Math teachers require that....artists show their stuff...it brings credibility..

That said, no worries...I don't call people out any more...way past that...way...way...way past that.....

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder

View Post

+1... this is BWTB, not the Land of Godlike Chops...

Personally, I learned exactly *one* thing from Wade in the year-plus I've been hanging around here (it was related to the blues scale FWIW). The other 98%+ of his posts were personal bull{censored}. Which is why I eventually put him on ignore.

Wades posts weren't 98% bull{censored}...you just didn't like the guy.

• Members

View Post

I feel if you are going to wax expert on a music forum, you should at least show someone some of your work.

I can't think of too many people here who haven't posted their work around here, can you?

OTHO, I think a pretty good argument could be made that those who post in a band forum should actually play in one.

• Members

View Post

I feel if you are going to wax expert on a music forum, you should at least show someone some of your work. Math teachers require that....artists show their stuff...it brings credibility..

I would think that depends on what somebody's "waxing expert" on. If you're talking specifically about playing music - sure, posting samples of you playing may add to your credibility. However there are lots of topics discussion on BSWTB that are musical in the least. Today's thread about contracts and income taxes is a great example. A rank beginning who struggles with playing "Chopsticks" could easily be the wisest man in the room on the topics of contracts and income taxes.

A rational and well reasoned response can usually stand on it's own merit. Folks with experience and wisdom will spot the value of a rational and well reasoned response. Those that defend less than steadfast thoughts and suggests - by suggesting that because the poster isn't a stud player his ideas can't be strong either is folly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight

View Post

^^^ wow, that's pretty good. ^^^

(I mean, you're not as smart as me but... you know, that was still pretty good) smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Funkwire

View Post

Wow. Pretty insightful.

Really. No snark intended. I think you hit it dead on.

Pretty sound logic for a guy who, according to Wade hisself, was merely a lowly lawyer.

• Members

Do you make a habit of asking for credentials/proof of expertise from everybody you get into casual conversations with offline as well?

I bet you're loads of fun in social settings, like at dinner parties and such.

• Members

Wow, I forgot how messed up this place is....let's jump in the time machine..

I tell Dave and Kmart to post their music, since they can't play, they won't.
Then Dave quips back that I am not in a band, so thus I am not qualified to be here.
I ask Dave what band he is in presently, Kmart as well, and they probably lie, saying they did a wedding or something last summer.
I mention I play out live most every week..
But that doesn't count playing with tons of players live, you have to be in a named band
So I say that I am in a band called the Rugmunchers...
Dave and Kmart come back and ask me for a link to the band website.....
I ask for theirs...stumped they call up the mod and have me banned for no reason...

Always fun...

So I wonder what Wade is doing...

• Members

What are you talking about? I've posted probably DOZENS of audio and video clips of my bands--both current and in the past--both covers and originals--on this forum in the last couple of years.

I ask Dave what band he is in presently, Kmart as well, and they probably lie, saying they did a wedding or something last summer.

Yes. That's it. I'm lying about that band I'm in. That band in the links in my sig? I'm not in that band. The pic in my avatar that looks like the guy in that band? I stole it off the internet. My name's not even David either. I'm pretending to be somebody I'm not because that band is so {censored}ing cool. And so's that dude. EXACTLY who I'd want to pretend to be just so I could hang out in this really cool forum and pretend to have credibility.

But that doesn't count playing with tons of players live, you have to be in a named band

Blues jams are cool I suppose. But they aren't the same thing as actually being in a band with the same people day after day, week after week, year after year, getting gigs, buliding a rep, dealing with clubowners and clients, etc etc.

Who's making up stuff now?

I ask for theirs...stumped they call up the mod and have me banned for no reason...

A). The link to my band's website has been in my sig for years. Certainly since before you started posting here. B) I've never called up a mod for any reason other than to temporarily ban myself. Weird, I know, but that's my own demon I suppose.

AS could confirm that for you, but of course he'd just be part of your conspiracy theory as well, I suppose.

• Members

Then Dave quips back that I am not in a band, so thus I am not qualified to be here.

Always fun...

Not really sure what dream you had.. Dave has been here for years, posted many videos, his website and shared alot of knowledge and understanding about how he handles business in his market. Kmart has posted his band and media as well in addition to sharing gig stories. Having witnessed media from both bands I'd say both are very successful in their respective markets. I wasn't privy to any sort of 'challenge' or gauntlet that was thrown down in asking proof of being in a live working band... but if you are backstage but never in a 'band' or in a band but never seemingly 'backstage' I don't think that excludes you from participating here. But some of those who are actively managing bands may take your advice with a small grain of salt.

• Members

Always fun...

1) Evidence of my playing has been made available on this site.

2) Your time machine is broken. I'd ask for a refund.

3) Your memory is obviously broken (Unfortunately, you're SOL with regards to a refund on that). My memory, on the other hand, works pret damn well, and I'm pretty certain little/none of what you described above occurred with/to me. I certainly had zero to do with you getting banned, but if that's what you need to believe in the fantasyland you live in, go right ahead.

4) You may consider jam sessions and open mikes 'playing out live', and technically, I guess you're right. I play booked paying gigs. The difference is vast/significant.

• Members

Just wanted to chime in some agreement with this statement -- it's not about a peeing contest, it's that if you're going to sit at a computer and wax intellectual and do superiority posts, you should be able to back that up.

I don't mind commenting on band situations and drummer problems because I'm good at being in a band and I'm a good drummer. But I'm not going to sit here and tell someone about chord structuring when I'm still learning my 7ths, ya know? :thu:

• Moderators
I was the guy debating the issue of race / discrimination in the scenario laid out be the OP in the "Strange Requests From Entertainment Manager" thread that ultimately lead to Wade's "I'm outta here!" proclaimation -

WOW!!!!!! I hadn't seen that. So... I just did. Norm, I know we don't agree on everything but we tend to have some basic common sense barometer. And that was awesome. As much as I love Wade's energy and passion, it was a bit too much to take some of his Sons of Anarchy wannabeisms. I was waiting for someone to go all verbal facepalm on him. And you did.

I remember I went off the rails once!! :) Ain't no big thing, dawg. :)

• Members
To be honest, I have a soft spot for Wade....back in the day, he was about the only guy that 'put up or shut up' when called out...about the only guy that actually showed, in real definable terms some talent and capability..

Wade has to learn what I learned..
.if they don't post up their music, you don't take them seriously

Cool! I love to post sound clips of my band even though it's just blues and it's crap and no one takes it seriously...YAY!! :p

Archived