What happened to the "I'm Outta Here" thread?

New Trail

• Members

I feel if you are going to wax expert on a music forum, you should at least show someone some of your work. Math teachers require that....artists show their stuff...it brings credibility..

Agreed..thee is absolutely nothing worse than someone playing an "expert" on a music topic with no website, youtube videos or audio samples. Throw in a screen name that can mask who you are, and you have zero cred with me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember I went off the rails once!!
:)

Funny thing is - I don't feel like I went off the rails in this case.

I simply pointed out that I (and I suspect others) would draw a radical different conclusion regarding what qualifies somebody as being "street smart" and about his "miscreant code of honor". While there was more than a little sarcasm in my response - the underlying thought process was pretty obvious (and based on some of the comments, was a perspective shared by others). I consider challenging somebody's assertions on their merits to be "fair play" in the game of internet debate.

Aside from my having a little fun with his "I'm not lying" comment (...and who wouldn't make use of such a "softball" in a forum debate :facepalm:) - I felt our exchange was well within the bounds of decorum for forum debate.

• Moderators
Funny thing is - I don't feel like I went off the rails in this case.

I simply pointed out that I (and I suspect others) would draw a radical different conclusion regarding what qualifies somebody as being "street smart" and about his "miscreant code of honor". While there was more than a little sarcasm in my response - the underlying thought process was pretty obvious (and based on some of the comments, was a perspective shared by others). I consider challenging somebody's assertions on their merits to be "fair play" in the game of internet debate.

Aside from my having a little fun with his "I'm not lying" comment (...and who wouldn't make use of such a "softball" in a forum debate
:facepalm:
) - I felt our exchange was well within the bounds of decorum for forum debate.

I actually didn't think I went off the rails either. I spoke the truth. Politeness warrants biting your tongue at times. But then you just get tired of a sore tongue and let the truth flap.

You were saved by his speedy exit. And the fact that you're probably a lot more prudent than me and would have managed to steer clear of any major rail jumping. Still... :) I love the truth. That was the truth. I liked it...

I love you Wade, but come on now.

• Members

I miss wade. He was hard as {censored}. Hard as {censored}.
:love:

I'll grant you that his internet persona was "hard as {censored}". However, how "hard" can it be when apparently a couple of comments from a fat, old guy like me convinced him to pack up his marbles and go home? :idk:

• Members

I'll grant you that his internet persona was "hard as {censored}". However, how "hard" can it be when apparently a couple of comments from a fat, old guy like me convinced him to pack up his marbles and go home?
:idk:

You didn't go off the rails. Normally, I think going after somebody personally is out-of-bounds, but Wade sets himself up for such things by trying to back himself up with a personal persona. You don't wanna take personal shots? Don't give out personal info, IMO. Talk tough? Be prepared to take a hit or two. Just part of the territory.

Funny to me when people start treating internet forums like the corner bar and getting all macho and stuff. Like somebody is going to reach through the computer and grab you by the collar or something...

...but let's forget all that. Next round of shots is on me.

• Members

Ha, and I was worried that the entertainment around here would suffer with Wade gone.

I wouldn't worry much. There will always be plenty of people more than willing to take a great resource such as this and turn it into a Craigslists Rants and Raves section on Harmony Central...

Archived