Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Moderators

Disclaimers, Notice of Copyright, and Acknowledgements

The preceding story is copyrighted by the author and all rights are reserved except as noted below. Today, September 15th, 2005 is the effective date of first publication and express permission is granted to the owners of Harmony Central Forums to maintain or delete the work from public display at their discretion. It may not be reprinted or displayed in whole or part for profit, nor may it be reprinted or displayed on any media without charge unless proper attribution is given along with prior notice to the author.

The story itself is based on true events, but is primarily a work of fiction. Any resemblance of characters herein to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. At least I hope everyone will believe that.

Very special thanks are extended to Lee Flier, Scott Lehman, and the owners of Harmony Central for allowing me to use their forum for first publication of this work. The the person known here as "Brikus," many thanks for the French translation at the end. You have no idea how important that small kindness will be to someone. And of course much appreciation for all the kind words of encouragement from various forum members.

I'm not a writer, I'm just a man going through a transition in life who needed to get something off his chest. Thanks for reading.

Terry D.

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

Disclaimers, Notice of Copyright, and Acknowledgements

1.The story itself is based on true events, but is primarily a work of fiction. Any resemblance of characters herein to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. At least I hope everyone will believe that.

2. The the person known here as "Brikus," many thanks for the French translation at the end. You have no idea how important that small kindness will be to someone.

1. mostly fictional, I knew it !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I knew this would turn into the greatest pwning HC ever saw !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Terry pwn3d you all guys (I kinda saw it coming...) ! biggrin.gif

2. I'm maybe stupid, or maybe because it's late (11:20 pm) for someone who's getting up at 6 am...but I don't really see the connection between the French sentence and the rest of the story...besides I'd like to know why this sentence is so important and to whom...maybe in PM if you like Terry...thanks smile.gif

• Members

Originally posted by MrKnobs

The end of the story for the chain is yet to happen. I have promised to throw it into the Mauna Loa volcano in Hawaii to destroy it for all time. I have attempted this twice, but failed both times.

The Precious!

Oh, and spectacular story, BTW. I'm sure that if submitted, it would at least be picked up by a decent magazine.

• Members

Excellent story, and well told. You are definitely a talented guy.

Contrary to my earlier comments, I actually managed to read it until the end. I don't usually like bleak stories, and for me that was a pretty bleak story.

Hopefully telling this story has allowed you to get some things into some sort of perspective. It was a brave thing to do to expose a part of yourself yourself in this manner, especially in an environment such as this.

smile.gif

• Moderators

Originally posted by Def_Pearl_Pilot

Great story!!! But one thing I wanted to know was why did Gail say she was broken? Unless you went back and explained that somewhere??

That mystery will remain unresolved.

I began telling the story thinking that would be the ending, but as so often happens, the story had a mind of its own. There was a larger message to be shared, and the answer to the original mystery is so petty that I withheld it lest her memory be tarnished. About all I will say about that is that I learned the answer myself from a chance encounter with one of her exes about a year later, and that it was an act of kindness on her part that is still much appreciated.

Terry D.