Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members
Originally posted by sekler
kickass thread biggrin.gif
yep, indeed, and to be honest I'm proud I started it. This enabled us to discover and appreciate Terry's great writing chops ! cool.gif

And if ever this was all bogus....this would be the greatest, by far, pwning ever seen on HC !!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Keep it up Terry. We're all waiting for the rest. smile.gifcool.gif

• Members

Wow!
This is great stuff.
You really are a pretty dang good writer. It's not in the making stuff up; it's in the way you put down the experiences. Really enjoying it, man. Give us more.
BTW, I'm a copy editor by trade. If you do want someone to do some line-level editing to it when you're ready, let me know.

• Members
Originally posted by MrKnobs

One night we were doing a show in Brenham TX, which is an unremarkable town except for two facts: (1) it has a large junior college which provides a ready audience for any rock band passing through, and (2) it's home to some of the friendliest, horniest girls in Texas. Needless to say, our band always looked forward to playing there.

frown.gif damn....I wish i could play places like that

• Members

{censored} i was just getting round to thinking that gail had done something incredibly stupid thinking you were {censored}ing around with janis in austin n then another twist eek.gif

k here's what ive got goin on here.

janis i think is kinda secondary from now on. i think her main point was to point out that gail will break your heart, as she bkluntly put it in austin

Red will be back int he story and probably got alot to do with up coming events

i think it's going to turn into some psycho stalker type story. her work has her phone number, shes always mnaking little comments about stuff u didnt know she knew about you, the whole confrontation thing is just out and out wierd n the 1st place when she knows the truth.

man i sound like all the kitchen wenhes at work talkign about eastenders.

• Moderators
Originally posted by Tyler1
hmm... I'm a bit confused. How did your employers get the photo of Gail topless? Did you leave it in your desk or something? confused.gif
Sometimes I leave a clue on purpose, some little incongruous thing that will surface again and hopefully later make the reader think, "Damn! I should have seen that coming!"

That wasn't my original intention with the photograph. Sometimes mysteries are a little more prosaic. I had to delete several hundred words from the chapter above because of the 10,000 character post limit. I didn't want to split the chapter into two parts as I did with the Janis side story, I wanted to get all the salient events of June 27th 1983 into one chapter. The explanation for the migration of the photograph was really very simple, but it's one of the things that got cut as non-essential to the story.

But now you've got me thinking about how the photo got in my desk drawer for them to find. The straightforward answer might not be the insightful one. We'll see shortly. wink.gif

Terry D.

• Moderators
Originally posted by Robert Kortus
MrKnobs, my hat's off to you. You trully have the gift of writing. May I ask, do you have any formal education or background in writing? As someone who took college courses on writing and have done a fare bit of it myself, I can tell you this is some of the best stuff I've read. Keep it up.
Thanks.

No, I'm a scientist, not a writer.

Terry D.

• Members

A very Tedster groupie story...

Once I was playing at a bar. The band went on break...and these two lovely ladies sidled up to me and got really cozy. I bought them a drink, and they got really close, and both whispered to me simultaneously..."Would you introduce us to the drummer and bass player?"

Story of my life.

• Moderators

My head is in "editor" mode today, so I spent some time repairing the first two chapters to fit with the rest.

THIS IS WHY I ASK YOU PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ANY OF THE CHAPTERS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. THIS IS A DRAFT AND CONTINUOUS MODIFICATION IS TAKING PLACE TO MAKE THE STORY MORE COHESIVE AND CORRECT ERRORS.

If you quote wholesale parts, you're in effect creating multiple versions of the document that I can't repair.

If you've already quoted a large block, it won't break my heart if you edit out that portion of your post. Optional, of course.

I'll try to work on Chapter 12 tonight after I've had a couple glasses of wine.

I really want to finish this, because I owe my workplace about 20,000 words of technobabble this week and that puts me in a bad place for writing normal stuff.

Thanks for your patience, and please keep commenting. Several have been extremely useful, and all have been encouraging.

smile.gif

Terry D.