Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am trevf and I operate DateMonthYear from a small office in Hamilton, New Zealand.DateMonthYear is not a band, it is a way of doing things-those things being the composition, performance, production and marketing of music in the contemporary environment.

DMY tends to make music that favours a blend of pop melodies, rock dynamics, and movie atmospheres.

Check out our site for free music, and more right here

DMY product you can get from CD Baby

• Members

Hey there! I am lead guitarist (only guitarist at the time actually) for a Dallas area party band focused primarily on 80's rock&roll tunes, and we have a slew of jams for everyone's pleasure. We don't mind playing the club scene when available, but we are looking to do more parties, weddings or the occasional bris.

We do covers becuase it is fast and easy. We all have regular day jobs and play for the love of playing. Our drummer is in a band doing mostly originals, but it's hard to find the time to get out there and play originals and get a following happening and everything else that goes with it. Several of us just don't have the time, but we play to play.

We are currently a 4-piece with voicals, guitar, bass and drums, but we are looking into the potential for a keyboard player. We play AC/DC, Van Halen, Prince, Bon Jovi, RATT, ZZ Top and the likes.

Check out our web site at www.electricarmadillos.com, and if you are in the Dallas area, come to a show and introduce yourself!thumb.gif

• Members

Hey there. Just thought id put this up here; i figured why not?

I am part of a three piece electronic indie rock band named Monophonic. I play synthesizers for the band, but we also have a talented bass and guitar player. All of the drumming is done via a computer sequencing program. We just formed over the winter break, and we recorded our first song.

It's here on myspace:http://www.myspace.com/monophonicrocks

If you choose to take a listen, thanks a heap. And if you like what you here, even better!smile.gif

• Members

Hi, everyone!

I'm the lead 12-string player in The ByrdBrains, a seven-piece group from Portland, Oregon that does Byrds music as well as our own originals that sound suspiciously like the original lineup of The Byrds. My backline is a Dual Showman Reverb with two Dual Showman 2x15 cabs, augmented with a Vox AD100VT. Plugged into this is my '85 Rickenbacker 370-12RM McGuinn Signature going through a Janglebox. It's a lot of gear to haul, but the sound is worth every ounce!

We cover all of the original hits, plus some of the works of the artists who went solo from The Byrds. The band consists of bass, drums, 2 rhythm guitars, a steel player, a mandolin player and myself - all in all, a very full stage and a very full sound.

This band was put together from friends and that remains the cohesive factor. We hope to take this on the road for a year before concentrating solely on originals.

Cheers,
Iain McLennon

• Members

Hi I'm Simon and the inaugaral gig of my new band 'Dance or Cry' is coming thick and fast! we've only got the one song at the moment, but we have rehearsed and apart from the singer we've all met each other ina musical setting. I'd describe us as 'alternative rock' I'm just seeing how it goes first before seriously going out to get some gigs. I play guitar and sing when I can!

• Members

I am the Bass player for "Buddy Reed and the Rip It Ups". A blues band from Humboldt county California.
Our fearless leader is an old time electric blues man who has played and toured with Little Richard, Big Mamma Thornton, Muddy Waters and many more blues greats.
http://www.buddyreed.com
My influences are Willie Dixon, Jack Bruce, Bill Wyman and Jerome Arnold.
No "day jobs" just play the blues therefore we always have plenty of the blues to play!
frown.gif

• Members

Hey everybody. There are some killer bands here, I'm really happy to post.
I sing and play guitar in the band How To Win At Life. We play groovy, all-original rock that has been described as "new school, but old school."

You can see us and hear us here:

http://www.howtowinatlife.com

And this is a link to a cool, albeit poorly shot video of us playing live:

http://www.youtube.com/w/How-To-Win-...in%20at%20life

I hope you dig it.

Our old EP is available at cdbaby.com and on iTunes, and our new full-length is coming out in a month.

• Members

high i'm new to this site but it's pretty cool! my name is songbird (yes, you can call me sbtongue.gif ) and i live in cleveland, the heart of rock and roll and the soul of bitter cold! we have a new band out there called "jane dough" and we do a weird mix of originals, reggae, and folk/blues/funk/grateful dead covers- all acoustic, but with pickups(and a keyboardist- i'm trying to get him to get a small piano) we have a website, but as of this post, it's still under construction. for future reference, though, the site is www.janedough.net please come see us if you are in the area and like spun hippie music!thumb.gif janedough rocks!

• Members

Hi - Mark J Perry here - play a kinda weird mix of contemporary blues guitar mixed in with all kinds of other {censored} - proggy stuff, jazz, electronics - in fact - I don't know what the f* I'm doing.. I'm happy Strat mangling, groovin on a Fender Jazz, bashing the ivories..
I've just started to post stuff onto www.markjperry.com[/
I'll be adding MP3s and more babble at the beginning of every month.. and developing my Flash-based streaming MP3 player.. saves all that pesky waiting for whole MP3 to download..

Also play with UK-based blues rock band www.goodgodno.com Likewise hoping to get more content on here..

Lookin forward to playin a beer festival in Aug 06 - can't wait to get an Engl or a Marshall cranked up for that..
Send me a message/email if you like the guitaring - I could use the encouragement! Adios amigos!!

• Members

Hey I'm a lead guitarist from the band Phalanx, from Albany/Cohoes/Latham, Ny.. Phalanx is straight up upstate ny metal, we have some metalcore, hardcore, thrash influences that define our sound.. We've played 3 shows so far and our first show was this past December 18. Check out our myspace

http://www.myspace.com/phalanx518

That'll introduce us a little better.
Theres a live track from our 1st show, its sounds pretty decent coming from a recording off a camera.

We play all originals live, but we are capable of rocking some metallica, lamb of god, unearth, as I lay dying, GNR, Killswitch Engage, Sabbath, covers. Mostly just for fun at practice.

Archived