Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

Hi bandpersons,

My band Six30Jam is an all originals instrumental band in Orange County, CA. We have a new CD out called Sketchbook. You can listen to some cuts at http://www.myspace.com/six30jam

Instrument are the standard Bass, Drums, Guitar and Keys with me playing the Keys. I use a Nord Stage and Motif ES 6 through a Traynor K4 amp. We have a Carvin PA amp with some Klipsch and Carvin Speakers that do duty when playing larger venues.

Our style is basically a fusion of Jazz, Rock, Blues, Funk and Prog. The twelve tunes on our CD reflect our diverse backgrounds in Jazz, Rock and Blues.

The Songs on our website are composed by me except The Garden which is co-written with our bass player.

Enjoy!

aL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Lee. I'm Doug. Very cool forum. I've been a musician, (in training), for decades, but am a newby at forums/blogging.

You sound as tho your plate is very full, band(s). How in the hell do you find time, energy dedication?
I've garaged it since I was a kid in school, but back-burnered it all in the 90's, as I watch my uping daughter grow. She inherited 'the music', as did my 22 year old son. Both play different instruments by ear, and my 11 year old baby girl now is learning to read music, thanks to the school band. I'm 45 and still can't read a lick. But, I think I do ok.

Since April, I've been gathering new gear and up-dating my old. I'm in the fetal stage of my next band, and have talked to several other local musicians/old friends regarding taking the next step. Cover songs are ok for now...I don't write. And garage/small bar is cool too...for now. I've had a band name, (for over 10 years), and currently published a website, Shhhhhhh, but want to copywright this/these before I secure the other members or advertise or start garaging.

So Lee, do yu know how to contact 'the man', to secure my band name, before some schmuck robs it. There's a band in Vegas, who has used a portion of my name and don't want to piss ANYONE off, in the process.

Thanks, Lee, for any info you could provide.

Doug

Also, how does one add a pic to their profile? I didn't see this option in the register page.

THANKS!

• Members

My band is Nasty Habits you can look us up online at: http://nastyhabitslv.com or
http://www.myspace.com/nastyhabitslv

I play bass and sing about 65% of our stuff. We play rock and blues, all covers (although we are going to work on some originals very soon) we play a couple of weekeknds a month, and are looking forward to increasing that number!!

• Members

Hi, I'm Scott and I'm in a band called Cringe Radio. I can't tell you much about us because our bandmates try to switch things around all the time. To my understanding when I joined, we are an alternative rock cover band. Now it seems we are getting into some punk/indie stuff I don't really like, and trying to write our own stuff, and I just want to be a cover band.

Hopefully I'll sort things out and figure out exactly what direction we are headed. I would also really like to learn to play blues and join/create a blues band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

www.myspace.com/martyrsprayer

Metalcore, with some good melodies and brutal vox. I'm the drummer. Listen to "This Darkness," thats the best recording and the best song on there. We actually used to have Tim McTague's (Underoath lead guitar) brother as our bass player, but he left about a month ago. We just got done playing a good 3 to 4 shows a week for a month or two, and now we're back in the booking phase.

• Members

What's up. Harmony Central is a cool place for musicians. Myspace ain't to bad either. There is a lot of amazing talent in the world and variety is the essence of creativity. This is a good thread and should be manditory as an introduction. My name is David. I live down here in the southeast and make my way performing live acoustic shows, dj events, and recording funky music in my home studio with very satisfying results. I have been producing and performing on a professional basis for about 5 years. I want to get bigger and better and I think you will like my music, so check it out. I am currently seeking representation by a major label that will groove with my style of music. It's great to be able to check out so much new music. Here's my site at

www.myspace.com/enlightenedmusic

I hope you like it. Pick and Grin : )

• Members

My band has no name right now frown.gif

I jinxed it when I said, "Ok, guys, this is based on an inside joke, I've searched everywhere, there is no way in hell someone else has a band with this name: blahblahblah. Like it? I think its pretty cool."

"Knock on wood, man, you never know. But I do like the name."

"Nah, I don't need to knock on wood. theres no way."

Turns out theres a band in the UK with our name who are fairly well established, and it looks like they've done work stateside as well, so we're out of luck.

• Members

I'm a 50 yr. old guitarist, have been playing since I was 10 in to many bands to count. Currently I'm in a 3 piece called "Slightly Sedated" . We play a widely varied gammet of tunes from the 50-60's all the way up to the RHCP's latest disc. I'm talkin' Go-Go's, SRV, Beatles, Weezer, Stones, Hooters, Pearl Jam, the list goes on....
Steve on bass uses a Warwick Corvett with a Roland GR-20 for some added sounds. Mark on drums, nice set of Ludwigs
I am constantly changing guitars. For the last few gigs I have been using a 2001 Les Paul Standard, Ibanez acoustic electric and a '92 Mexican Strat that I reworked and put in an Invader in the Bridge position.

I'll probably gig until I can't anymore, why else would you play?????????

Band Site at
http://www.geocities.com/slightly_sedated/index.htm

rock on

• Members

Nick Steen and the Steen Project!

Nick Steen and the Steen Machine!

Nick Steen!

Steen Project!

Project Steen!

Steen Music!

Yeah, with all those names to choose from, I use them all. I'm just that good (or stupid).

Any and all of my friends are welcome to partake, but pretty much it's me as a solo studio musician (who isn't?). I record anything that I come up with, and that spans pretty much any genre within reason, but primarily it's alternative rock goodness of some sort.

I am also in all sorts of side projects and random crap like that. Weeehaw.

• Members

www.jeffgwaltney.com

My name is Dustin. I play bass for a solo artist by the name of Jeff Gwaltney. We play a rock influenced R&B with deep lyrical content as well as an uplifting message. We try to keep the music as tight and focused as possible but we always want the focus to be on the lyrics.

We have a 5 song CD out and are currently gigging as much as possible in preparation for a showcase show in Nashvile sometime in January.

Check out the site and see what you think!

• Members

A group of global musicians have just started an online recording group. We're looking for musicians with recording capabilities who would like to be involved in online collaboration.

The website was just launched yesterday, http://www.globalsoundlab.com

You won't find anything there for you if you're not a registered member, but check it out and bookmark it because it will grow as we take on new members and create tunes.

If you want to be invited in, contact jsnyder@mcn.org and send a clip of your work or a link to your site.

cheers!

• Members

Hello Harmony forums! I'm a computer musician who used to be in a band with a guitarist and vocalist. We called ourselves Tricky Collision. Our sound is a experimental blend of industrial and rock influences.

We've been tossing around the idea of getting back together.

I just posted a blog on my site about Tricky Collision and our music. Please check it out, give a listen and let me know what you think!

Tricky Collision

Archived