Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

I play guitar and occasionally bass in the band "Berliner Heist" (Translation from German to English: "Jelly Doughnut Theft"). We're based in Northern New Jersey. Our styles of music are primarily Rock (mostly late-60s early 70s stuff, with a bit of metal thrown in), Funk (like Parliament/Funkadellic, Earth, Wind, and Fire, and Tower of Power), and Primus ('nuff said). We've been together for less than a year, and we're already hitting some trouble spots with the roster, but its mostly a jam band anyway. We're working on geting some studio time to put out a CD, and we have some live recordings which ill link to when they're up. You can check us out at:

[link]www.myspace.com/berliner[/link]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Band

We are a latin rock and roll band from Puerto Rico.

We've been playing since 2003, with a lot of up and downs, breaks, etc. but now we are playing some gigs, getting our heads straight and looking to the future, growing with this.

The band is called "Medulla" and we have some songs in my space... so, if you want, check us out (everything is in spanish).

http://www.myspace.com/medulla00

• Members

Hey, I play Bass in a band out of Fate, TX called Pax Romana. The band is comprised of 3 members at the moment, and our style is very broad. It's atleast kept within the spectrum of rock, but spans from a heavy metal System of a Down-esque song, to those that take root of something out of Muse. We take a lot of influence from Smashing Pumpkins and other very 90's bands.

I would, on behalf of my band, like you to check out our webpage at:

www.myspace.com/paxromana

We have one song posted minus vocals because we have no vocalist at this time.

• Members

Ok, so I'm not in a band nor can I play a musical instrument and you REALLY don't want me to sing but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway (I hate my job, I got nothing else to do.)

I'm Tracy, aka the Band Bitch or Band Girl. I'm your girl next door, typical, rock-n-roll "groupie." Well I'm not really "girl next door" unless you live next to a strip club and there's really not much that's "typical" about me either.

I love music and musicians and all the decedance that follows. cool.gif I am currently writing a weekly blog for the Roanoke (VA) Times Newspaper about the local music scene and said decedance wink.gif Check it out!

www.roanoke.com/entertainment/insideout

Thanks for letting me play along!

meno.jpgcool.gif

• Members

The band I'm in is called Loaded (loadedtheband.com)

We are based in the Washington, DC area and play rock covers.

My real name is Rim.

I am the guitarist in the band along with a female lead singer, a bass player and a drummer.

We are all doing this part-time and mostly for fun (cuz we don't get paid that much tongue.gif )

• Members

Hey my name is Cristina....

I'm in an all-female original, heavy rock band called Scarlet Sins (Toronto).

Our sound is a mix between Metallica, Alice in Chains and A Perfect Circle. Take a listen and tell me what you think it sounds like: scarletsinsonline.com.

I play lead and rhythm guitar and I do backup vocals as well. I use the following:

-'80 Gibson deluxe with EMG pickups (81/85) and a scalloped fretboard

-POD Pro

-Mesa 2:90 Poweramp

-Marshall 1960AC 4x12

-11-gauge D'addarios and 1.14 Tortex picks

Our next show in Toronto is on Friday, August 12 at Club 279! We've invited Ground Level (TO) and Ictus (Windsor) to play with us. Show starts at 9:30!

Check our website for other upcoming shows at Motocross, Windsor, Montreal.

• Members

Band Name: The Locals

Style: Mostly rock, Classic, Pop covers. Trying to get more originals. Hard.

Link: www.thelocals.ca

On the site is a nice pic of some of our fans.. I'm sure you'll appreciate. they seem to come out of the woodwork. Prior to the gig we knew none of them. Now we do.

smile.gif)))))))

• Members

Originally posted by BndGrl

Ok, so I'm not in a band nor can I play a musical instrument and you REALLY don't want me to sing but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway (I hate my job, I got nothing else to do.)

I'm Tracy, aka the Band Bitch or Band Girl. I'm your girl next door, typical, rock-n-roll "groupie." Well I'm not really "girl next door" unless you live next to a strip club and there's really not much that's "typical" about me either.

I love music and musicians and all the decedance that follows. cool.gif I am currently writing a weekly blog for the Roanoke (VA) Times Newspaper about the local music scene and said decedance wink.gif Check it out!

www.roanoke.com/entertainment/insideout

Thanks for letting me play along!

meno.jpgcool.gif

that video you linked to on the last page of this thread didn't work. what was it?

confused.gif

• Members

Well, I am Tom, aka KeysBear. I play keyboards and sax in a classic rock band called Prism here in the Fort Lauderdale area. We also do a Doors tribute show which is cool because our singer sounds naturally more like Morrison than any singer I've ever heard. Our lead singer was born in London, our drummer is from S. Africa, our lead guitarist is a genius from Colombia, and we've had four bass players in the past year. Our current bassist used to tour in a Grateful Dead type of endless travelling show. His hair is some scary fro thing.

I play a Roland RS-9 88 key synth and a Roland AX-7 (keytar) that controls two Roland JV1010's and a Kawai K4 rack. My tenor sax is a Yamaha I've had since 1985 that seems to get warmer every year. I'm 48 years old and have no plans to ever retire from gigging. Peace to you all.

DoziKalc.jpg

rackkeyslite1.jpg

• Members

My band's called ElectroDog . We are based out of Asheville, NC.

The band is singer-songwriter based, and we have been described as sounding like: Jack Johnson, Wilco, Jayhawks...etc. We play all original songs (stuff I have written, and performed solo), and have recently changed our line up to a 4 pc. Myself on acoustic/elec. guitar, which I run through a classic Crybaby Wah (yes, this works, and has proven to create a very unique sound for my rhythmic playing style) , also through an old Korg pedal board. A drummer on a V-Kit, and keyboards and bass.

What started out evolving from my songs into a band with guitar solos on every song, is evolving furthur into a band that really knows how to showcase the actual song. Awesome, I think.

Sometimes I get lot of {censored} by people in other types of bands for writing that is somewhat poppy, but it's how I write, and thankfully, completely marketable. So, that's the direction we are headed in now.

If anyone is interested in playing base for us...get in touch smile.gif

Also, there are some older songs...when we had a lead player up on download.com.

• Members

My name is Shane and my band is The Angry Gods of the Radio. We play straight ahead bluesy rockmetal stuff and it's all original. I just joined the band a couple of weeks ago and we are planning on recording end of September and then gigging after that. We are on myspace under Angry Gods of the Radio. There is a horribly recorded version of one of our songs on there that was recorded before I joined the band but it will give you an idea.

• Members

My stage name is Michael D. and I am the guitar player and only vocalist (although I do cheat and use a harmonizer) in an oldies/classic rock trio called "Rock This Town". We do mainly bars and clubs in the Lancaster, California area, 90 miles north of LA. Other instruments are (as you may have guessed) bass and drums. I'm privileged to be working with two of the best musicians in Lancaster - the Amazing Randy on the bass and Mean Martin the Drumming Machine. No website yet, but I'm working on it.

I also work with a number of other local bands, including The Del-Aires (an oldies band out of Lancaster), Denim (an oldies classic rock band from Tehachapi, CA), and occasionally I'm the banjo player/singer for Anton Schintzel and the Merrymakers, a German Polka Band from Lancaster (Hey, I'll do anything for a buck). I'm also the guitarist /vocalist with Band X, a trio which coordinates the jam sessions at a local club called the Trap each Sunday afternoon. As you can imagine, I don't get too many weekends off.

• Members

Greetings from Patras, Hellas(Greece).

I am Klearchos and I play at an original band called ANELIXIS. The band is only 6 months old, but we are on the recording phase of our demo CD. We play Heavy Metal mostly with many Hard Rock influence.

I play the guitar and sing, doing also most of the songwriting and sound manipulating. There's also a bassist, a drummer and another Lead guitarist.

So far we kick arse when we go LIVE, people love us, we even made a VCD from our last live, but unfortunately there's no URL available at the time...gonna fix it soon.

Cheers

• Members

Hey there. I am Donald Demon, singer/guitarist for the The Hams out in Jersey. You can check us out here:

The Hams

or at our unfinished website in our sig. We are an original hard-rock/prog-rock band with a style that has been described as RHCP, Mr. Bungle, Primus, Zappa, Television, Talking Heads and some others that make no sense. We also throw some obscure covers in when we are the only band booked for the night.

• Members

Band: Tits of Death

Role: Guitar, designer, media darling

Sound: This comment was posted on our myspace profile and it nearly made me weep, it was so beautiful:

PEOPLE GET READY

I Heard some new music this weekend that will

give great comfort to those of you who

have been missing a dirty

sexy girl rock n roll

group of the Runaways/Suzy Quatro/Girlschool/ and L7 ilk,

YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED cos THE TITS OF DEATH are about to fill

that void.

Other stuff: We play originals (no one else would have made this {censored} up), and we've been together for about 8 months. It all started as a Sunday evening session in our keyboardist's living room, mainly just jumping around and doing stupid Spinal Tap-esque rock poses and was never meant to see the light of day, but we've since graduated to making complete arses out of ourselves in public.

www.titsofdeath.com

www.myspace.com/titsofdeath

Archived