Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HELLO, I PLAY IN A BAR COVER BAND IN THE DES MOINES AREA. MUSIC SEEN HERE IS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD AND PLENTY PLACES TO PLAY. THE NAME OF THE BAND I BELONG TO IS THE 3AM BAND. WE DO ANYTHING FROM 60S TO 90S TO COVER A LARGE AREA OF DIFFERENT AGES. THE LAST BAND I WAS IN ONLY PLAYED CLASSIC, SOUTHERN, AND BLUES ROCK BUT KEPT BEING ACCUSED OF BEING TO NASTOLGIC. HADS TO MOVE UP WITH THE TIMES. WE PLAY VERTUALLY EVERY WEEKEND AND ALSO HOLD FULL TIME JOBS. SOMETIMES ITS TIREING BUT YOU DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC. IM AN ONLY GUITAR PLAYER OF A 4 PIECE BAND. DRUMS,BASS,GUITAR AND VOCALS. MAYBE CATCH SOME OF YOU AROUND. ROCK ON
HARLEYGUITARDOG

REMEMBER LOUD PIPES AND SCREAMING GUITARS. IF IT AINT LOUD IT AINT NO FUN.

• Members

Yes, I suppose my user name is somewhat paradoxical. Thanks for checking it out Cyberwolf, glad you dig it! I listened to some samples off of Deep Horizon and enjoyed them a lot! Killer synth action! Great git tones and vox as well! I like the artwork on your albums too, very fitting.

That's funny, when I was mixing I often found myself sporadically dancing the samba myself! wink.gif

• Members

Matt Matt Matt...

Don't you know in the studio you are ALLOWED to perform the Lambada? Yes, the Forbidden Dance! In the privacy of your own studio, it's ok.

Oh yeah, thanks for checking out my {censored} as well.

Yup, that's me... Graphic Artist by day, musician by night (well, on a time by time basis, not a performing, but studio one.) And Dr. Pepper enthusiast by birthright.

• Members
Originally posted by cyberwolf
Matt Matt Matt...

Don't you know in the studio you are ALLOWED to perform the Lambada? Yes, the Forbidden Dance! In the privacy of your own studio, it's ok.

Oh yeah, thanks for checking out my {censored} as well.

Yup, that's me... Graphic Artist by day, musician by night (well, on a time by time basis, not a performing, but studio one.) And Dr. Pepper enthusiast by birthright.

Thank goodness!

I overlooked the section in the home-studio handbook that said that all forbidden dances, as well as all wedding line dances are welcome and encouraged in the privacy of your own studio.

UH OH! Here comes The Macarena!

yyyiipppeee!!!!! freak.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The metal band I am currently in right now is called Throne of Ice. We are in Richmond, VA. I play keys and my friend plays guitar. We lost our 2nd drummer and we are looking for a replacement, as well as a singer.
I'm also starting my own industrial/ trance side project away from the band but it isn't quite off the ground yet.
http://www.myspace.com/throneofice
http://www.myspace.com/entrancement

• Members

Dark Revolution are an Australian hard rock band all under the age of 18.
We have been playing together for about 4 years and have been gigging for about 1 and a bit.
We draw influences from bands such as Deep Purple, AC/DC, Motley Crue, The Rolling Stones, Guns n Roses, Kiss ect.
You can hear some songs off our debut album at www.myspace.com/darkrevolution.
Rock On!

• Members
Originally posted by 69lespaul
Hi Michael here, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for "The Love Handles". A Portland , Oregon based 5 piece (git x 2, keys, drums, bass) cover band (for now anyway) doing everything from Arlo Guthrie to ZZ Top. We have been working on our show and set lists for almost 4 months now. We do some Motown, some great classic Rock, some Blues....you name it, we'll try it. We try to do covers that other bands won't try. Heard it in a Love Song by Marshall Tucker. Running On Empty, by Jackson Brown. Can't Get Enough of You're Love ( no.... not the lame ass Bad Company song.) Barry White man!!!!!!!!! My Girl by the Temps.
The Letter, Draggin a Line, Glory Days, Feelin Alright (by Joe Cocker man), stuff like that. We veer from classic country (Folsom Prison) to newer country (Wave on Wave) to top 40 radio (Heaven by Los Lonely Boys) to classic Blues (SRV) to rock (Monkees, Stealers Wheels) to R&B and soul. We even do a disco set for corporate gigs. We all believe that good music is good music. We do Queen, we do Warren Zevon, we do Mellencamp. 3 and 4 part harmonies for days. This is the best band I've put together in 25 years of singing and playing. We had our first paying gig this Saturday and it was great. Our next one is a biggie, we have two agents coming out to hear us. October 29th. Wish us luck. Thanks for reading. Peace.biggrin.gif

All you Portland area folks come out to the C.I. Bar and Grill in Tualatin to cheer us on. Ostober 29th. 9 to close.
I live about 4 blocks away from the C and I.

• Members
Originally posted by Rev. Muddy
Hey! I'm 55 years old and have been playing the same 25 songs in Texas beer joints since 1966! But I expect to be discovered any minute! We usually set up over by the pool table or mens room door, so you have to watch out for the pool cues (they put dents in your guitar) or the smell of urine and vomit from the mens room. But other than those things...It's a wonderful life!
As soon as I get out of this Detox I expect to get right back into it cause I know I will make the big time any minute! Yee Ha!!!

www.dennisdullea.com
Great stuff manthumb.gif

• Members

Hey All.....I've played in lotsa bands.....some original, some covers....in the process of mixing it all up and having a hard hitting blues/Rock Band with a female singer.... Just started on working on some tunes and getting a website booking etc....looking for a bass player tried a few but haven't found the right fit yet....have a couple more to try in the coming weeks hopefully something fits better than what we've seen so far.....

Band name is SUGAR LIME BLUE...and you can see the beginings of the website here www.sugarlimeblue.com ...its real rough but will give you a quick idea.

• Members

if any of you like metal...

http://www.myspace.com/massacreonthefjords

we're from scotland and like progrssive metal and classic rock/metal stuff so as you would expect our music reflects this.

heres some recordings...

instrumental bedroom demo : ...like an arrow that pierces the world

recorded @ college studio for free : centurai

we're in the middle of recording an EP, which should be finished around june/july, i hope...

massacre.jpg

enjoy.

Archived