Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by jppedroso
Hi,

My name is Joao Pedroso and i'm 33 years old and I'm from Portugal.
My band's name is BLACK SOFA.
We move around Alternative/Rock/Indie.
Please check out our website and listen to our sound at www.blacksofa.net
We would apreciate your feedback also.
Here's a photo of mine.

Regards,
JP
Hey JP, I've played in a few Portuguese bands from the US. The most popular were Marc Dennis & Atlantis and Luis Neves & Centerfold. I played in the Azores on three different tours. You ever play the Massachusetts area?

• Members

My name is Mark and I am the lead singer/rythm guitarist for my all orignals band Doubledown. We have been in project for two months and we are going to play out together for the first time October 15. We play pretty standard blues rock with some country twang every now and then. (swamp rock) This is my first band and so far its been the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on... (except that one time, but we wont go there)

• Members
Originally posted by srsfallriver

Hey JP, I've played in a few Portuguese bands from the US. The most popular were Marc Dennis & Atlantis and Luis Neves & Centerfold. I played in the Azores on three different tours. You ever play the Massachusetts area?
Hi !

No, i haven't played in the USA yet... frown.gif
But that's a thing i would like to do !

Regards,
JP

• Members
Originally posted by jppedroso

Hi !

No, i haven't played in the USA yet... frown.gif
But that's a thing i would like to do !

Regards,
JP
Hey JP,
There are some very big Portuguese festivals on the East US coast and in Canada that you could probably get booked for quite easily. There is one here in Fall River every (late) summer and one in Newark, NJ every (mid?) summer. You ought to look into it. I've played the one in NJ: there were close to 250,000 people there! The Fall River thing usually brings in 10 - 15 thousand people. Good Luck!
-SRS

• Members

I'm the guitar player and second singer in a classic rock/motown/(we're still adding some blues, jazz, and a little modern rock as well...songlist on site needs will soon need a major update) called The Risk
We play all over the south side of Atlanta-Griffin, McDonough, Rex, Locust Grove, Conyers...and in Middle GA we hit Thomaston on a regular basis. We try to give a more "groove" oriented show than the typical bar band, but we are still one without such songs as: "Free Bird", "Give Me Three Steps", "Sweet Home Alabama", "Pride and Joy", "Stormy Monday"...although we do hit some trite overplayed songs, but hey, we're all young here. Sometimes you have to overplay them for ourself, you know?

• Members

Hey everyone- I wanted to introduce myself and the band I'm a part of.

www.reaxis.net www.myspace.com/reaxis - a 5 piece band out of Boston, MA. We are currently crafting a full length album to follow up our 4 song EP last year. We have toured the northeast, and are constantly inspired by other local bands!

We play alternative rock- our songs are pretty much all over the map- with acoustic / electric guitars. We are inspired by Stone temple pilots, smashing pumpkins, dave matthews, tool, and perhaps a bit o' sinatra. Individually we have tastes that range from metal to pop.

I organize many shows- and help other bands book, so if you are a cool set of musicians looking to work together- feel free to email me! Im always looking for grounded musicians willing to help out others.

• Members

Howdy! I'm Rob, I play keyboards in Tempus
myspace_banner2.jpg
- The Website
- The Music
- The Photos
- The MySpace

Tempus is a 4-piece acoustic rock band (Vox/Guitar, Keys, Bass, Drums) based in northern NJ. Our music is kinda Dave Matthews meets Coldplay meets Incubus. After playing 30 shows this year we're taking some time to record a new album.

If you dig what you hear, feel free to share it with anyone/everyone who you think might like it!

--Rob

• Members

Hi everyone.
I'm in a band called Monster Joe.
We play Thin Lizzy and Ted Nugent inspired hard rock with a hint of Southern Rock thrown in for good measure.
We have just released a CD called Meet Monster Joe.
We gig regularly and are currently trying to organise a tour through Germany.
Our shows can last anything up to three hours, with loads of covers mixed with our originals.
We're Belgian, by the way.
Our website is http://www.monsterjoe.be

• Members

Hey! I'm 55 years old and have been playing the same 25 songs in Texas beer joints since 1966! But I expect to be discovered any minute! We usually set up over by the pool table or mens room door, so you have to watch out for the pool cues (they put dents in your guitar) or the smell of urine and vomit from the mens room. But other than those things...It's a wonderful life!
As soon as I get out of this Detox I expect to get right back into it cause I know I will make the big time any minute! Yee Ha!!!

www.dennisdullea.com

• Members

I play in two bands in Suffolk County New York. High Noon, does country and some classic rock. We've been together for about 15 years with the same 4 guys. I've worked with the bass player and drummer since 1969 in many different bands. You can check us out at www.highnoonlongisland.com My other band is called The Sea Monkeys. They do strictly classic rock, mainly geared at an adult contemporary crowd. The band is basically a trio, myself on guitar and harmonica, bass and drums. We all sing lead and harmony, and we have very strong vocals. sometimes we use a 4th piece, keyboard or 2nd guitar, whoever is available. I average about 2 gigs a week or better. About 2 thirds of that with High Noon, the other third with The Sea Monkeys, and this is just my weekend gig.

• Members

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I've been around the Bass Forum for quite a while. I'm in a band called The Helium Tapes. We play all originals (well... we have a cover or two). We don't sound like anybody I know of. The stuff just comes out the way it comes out. But it's quite accessible.

We have a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/theheliumtapes2

I play mostly bass and sing a little backing vox. I also play a little guitar and keys. Keys is the instrument I'm most proficient in but our vocalist ends up playing them live since it would be hard for me to do while playing basswink.gif.

I handle the technical side of things, ie. engineering/mixing, troubleshooting, even building the odd pedal/interface/gadget when it's called for. The other folks do more of the image/concept work, booking, and networking. I also tend to generate musical ideas first and then we work on them as a band to make them into songs.

We've been together for 1 1/2 yrs and have recorded a four-song demo. We've played out quite a bit (about 1nce a month) and we just started working on our full-length self-produced CD.

Check us out!

• Members

Hey All:

My name is Brad and I play in a band called Powerhouse (among about a gazillion other bands called Powerhouse) out of Hickory, NC (about an hour northwest of Charlotte).

We are a five piece Classic Rock/New Country sort of thing. Hell we can pull a bunch of stuff out of our rear ends. Our website is www.powerhouse5.com where you can check us out and see our song list and listen to a few tunes. I'm the keyboard player/webmaster and appreciate any feedback (yeah I know it's FrontPage!).

We play out about 4-6 times a month and are gaining some local momentum. Lead singer is killer (and just a baby) ... and the ladies seem to love him (I can't imagine why). The guitar player and I go way back like about 30 years and we've both played in a ton of bands.

Lee invited me over here after I posted some issues I was dealing with regarding the band. I usually hang out in the Keyboard and SSS forums. Hope I can learn from you and be able to contribute something worthwhile occasionally. Thanks for the invite Lee. There are some talented bands in here (...does the "we're not worthy" impression). Cool forum!

wave.gif

• Members

Myself: Beau Hunt. Male. 37 years old.

Band: The New Kent Killers

Band Location: Norfolk, VA, USA

Music Type: High energy indie rock. Our sound is heavily influenced by the late 80 and early 90 underground bands such as The Replacements, Dinosaur Jr, Jane's Addiction, Husker Du, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, etc. Our set is currently up to 15 songs, all origonals.

My Role: Rhythm guitar, arrangement, and all business matters.

Archived