Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

I play in a cover band in Central New York called Off the Wagon. We cover a lot of Dead, Dylan and Neil Young, with a bunch of random deep cuts thrown in. We dont do the radio songs (Truckin, Sugar Mag, Watchtower) except for a good drunken Rockin in the Free World, mostly tunes you'd have to be a Head to know.

We range from a 3 piece to a 7 piece, depending on who wants to sit in. we started as an all-acoustic thing with banjos and mandolins and acoustic bass and guitars, but have gone electric, adding keys and drums. We still delve into the acoustic realm occasionally, though.

I play rhythm guitar and sing, both lead and harmonies. The lead player sings the Neil tunes, and the bass player and I switch up the rest.

Peace out

Dolanhttp://www.myspace.com/offthewagonband

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm Billy. I play guitar and sing in Confused Little Girl. We're pretty much just a heavy rock band. Here's our bio:

Confused little girl isn't alternative. It for damned sure isn't metal or hardcore. And god dammit, if anyone ever called CLG emo screamo type stuff, they'd probably get a swift kick to the groin. No, Confused Little Girl is some guys who like rock music... A LOT. Not the sissy kind of rock music found on most modern rock radio stations, either. We're talking old school play it loud or don't play it at all kind of rock music. Formed and founded in Central Florida after years of musical frustrations and failures in the career of Billy Myers, Confused Little Girl is Billy on Vocals and Guitar, Zach Knight on lead guitar, Chris Penley at the drums, and Big Rob Martinez on bass. Collectively, they have played thousands of shows throughout the Central Florida area and the United States. A soon to be released full length album entitled "Bowlers do it with Balls" is in the works, with many regional performances and several tours to promote it shortly after it's release. Stay Tuned.

Here's our website: http://www.confusedlittlegirl.com

• Members

Hi Michael here, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for "The Love Handles". A Portland , Oregon based 5 piece (git x 2, keys, drums, bass) cover band (for now anyway) doing everything from Arlo Guthrie to ZZ Top. We have been working on our show and set lists for almost 4 months now. We do some Motown, some great classic Rock, some Blues....you name it, we'll try it. We try to do covers that other bands won't try. Heard it in a Love Song by Marshall Tucker. Running On Empty, by Jackson Brown. Can't Get Enough of You're Love ( no.... not the lame ass Bad Company song.) Barry White man!!!!!!!!! My Girl by the Temps.

The Letter, Draggin a Line, Glory Days, Feelin Alright (by Joe Cocker man), stuff like that. We veer from classic country (Folsom Prison) to newer country (Wave on Wave) to top 40 radio (Heaven by Los Lonely Boys) to classic Blues (SRV) to rock (Monkees, Stealers Wheels) to R&B and soul. We even do a disco set for corporate gigs. We all believe that good music is good music. We do Queen, we do Warren Zevon, we do Mellencamp. 3 and 4 part harmonies for days. This is the best band I've put together in 25 years of singing and playing. We had our first paying gig this Saturday and it was great. Our next one is a biggie, we have two agents coming out to hear us. October 29th. Wish us luck. Thanks for reading. Peace.biggrin.gif

All you Portland area folks come out to the C.I. Bar and Grill in Tualatin to cheer us on. Ostober 29th. 9 to close.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

My name is Shane and my band is The Angry Gods of the Radio. We play straight ahead bluesy rockmetal stuff and it's all original. I just joined the band a couple of weeks ago and we are planning on recording end of September and then gigging after that. We are on myspace under Angry Gods of the Radio. There is a horribly recorded version of one of our songs on there that was recorded before I joined the band but it will give you an idea.

We will have our new material up on our profile by the end of September. Here is a direct link to our MySpace profile.

www.myspace.com/agotr

• Members

I play in a metal/hard rock band called "M@sterMind". We write a lot of original material but also do the cover deal so we can finance our all original shows and studio efforts. We've been together for about 3 yrs and play mostly the Georgia, Florida, and Alabama nightclub circuit.

We're a 5 piece ensemble, which really makes some of the covers we do sound fuller, since we play stuff like Drowning Pool, Chevelle, 'Tallica, Slayer, Pantera, etc. Can't beat two guitarists in a band in my opinion.

• Members

name: William

position in the band: Rhythm guitar/singer/to be the most handsome

equipment: 2004 Gibson SG(natural burst); Randall RH50T head and Mesa Standard Rectifier cab(412)...umm, what else would one need.

Coming out of the Wilmington, NC area, I play in a band called Broken Down and we've been together for about two years now.

All of our songs are original and can be described as hard rock/metal. Most of our crowd base has an age range from 15-45 so we consider ourselves able to reach a wide audience. Our first gig we ever did was a battle of the bands here in town and got 3rd out of 40 bands. We've released a studio demo in the past but had a horrible experience so all of our recordings now are done at home with our new digi studio. We think its more fun and the creative side comes out more instead of looking at your watch all day worrying how long you've been there. Our newest release is in the making now and will be released under a different bandname which has yet to be decided. You can hear a little bit of us at www.purevolume.com/brokendown. There's one recording we did in the "real" studio and two live clips from when we played with a local favorite ASG. crazy show to say the least.

check us out at www.brokendownsounds.com

• Members

Name is Grant

DCP04536.JPG

I play keyboards and guitar in a pop/party rock cover band in Upstate NY called Nuts In a Blender We play your standard party rock covers.... from Bon Jovi to Blink 182 to Biz Markee. We play in and around Poughkeepsie/Newburgh area along the Hudson River but are looking to branch out to Albany, NY, White Plains, NY, Hartford CT & Springfield MA.

I also have another cover band called Where's Grant? which is mostly a punk rock tribute. It's been on ice for 3 years but a few years back we were one of the hottest local acts around.

I also have an experimental project called Boy Disaster I'm putting together which is primarily instrumental ambient synth rock.

• Members

I'm new to this forum. My first comment: wheresgrant3 rocks.

Here's a little bit about my current cover band:

My main gig is a part time weekend thing with a 9-10 piece 70's funk/soul/etc. band. SoulerCoaster

Some folks call our market the "general business" or GB market. We play mainly weddings, corporate parties and music festivals. We do play out in clubs about every 6 weeks or so, for fun and exposure.

This band is primarily for fun and a weekend escape from reality, but we've actually built up some pretty decent name recognition and make good money doing this. It does not float my boat as much as playing in a original act, which I did for many years and still do off and on. But once I got over my perception of the stigma associated with being in a cover band, it is actually a ton of fun. The guys in the band get along great and we do several gigs throughout the year in which we donate all or part of our time to charities - we agree to a pay cut in exchange for promotion and this is great for those silent auctions to benefit the American Heart Association or whatever it may be. So it is fun and fulfilling.

I have done the full original thing for 10 years plus and shared the stage with plenty of notorious artists. Nowadays, I'm happy to play covers for decent cash and pick up the occasional "rock star" gig a couple times a year.

Regards,

Eric

• Members

I'm new to this forum since the Fender forum decided to require payment to post. Yeah, I'm cheap. But with gas over $3.00 a gallon here, I don't have time for that.

My band is a 3-piece classic rock/blues outfit called Rhythm Rock-It. Lately we've been incorporating funk into the song list and intend to do a lot more...about 40% classic rock, 40% funk and 20% blues. Recently we played "Low Rider" at a couple gigs and people went nuts for it. So we will be doing more. And I'd like to do some more modern rock, but don't really like many "newer" bands...they all sound the same to me.

I'm the guitarist and sole vocalist. I pretty much am the band leader and to this point, have booked all the gigs we've done. We were busy last summer, but sort of petered out last winter due to a couple life-sized issues that got in the way.

We don't gig that much currently, but I'm hoping to change that. I recently moved, need to update all the promo stuff, but am still living out of boxes, so that has slowed me down. And the new house and property needs lots of work, so I've been busy with that.

I play a Standard Strat with Fralin Vintage Hots, or a real nice Samick "Torino." It's basically an SG - one of the nice Greg Bennett models. Mostly I use the SG for slide tunes. I have a modest pedal board (compressor, overdrive, delay) and use a Peavey Classic 50/410...awesome amp for our style.

My son (15) is our bass player...he's really amazing. He plays a Spector bass into an Ashdown head, with a pair of Genz Benz cabs...115 and 410. He rocks.

Our drummer has been sidelined recently, but is now ready to gig again. He plays a huge DW Pacific kit and can really rock. He and my son are a very formidable rhythm section.

We've toyed with the idea of adding a 4th member, but probably won't, as our chemistry is really special. Plus, we don't want to pay anyone else!

• Members

I used to post in the music biz forum a lot back in the day, now i'm pretty much only in the live sound and production forum.

i'm josh, i'm soon to be 24, and my band is Parallex and we're from Ames, Iowa (home of Iowa State University and crappy college sports teams). When I'm not making music I work for a professional sound company based out of ames and i'm also a microbiologist at an animal pharmaceuticals company.

Parallex is a five piece......2 guitars, drummer, bass, and a rather talented singer. There are actually two all-state singers in the band, one plays the other guitar, and one is the lead singer. it's just kind of weird, for reasons I don't know why. We play hard rock/pop rock/alternative, so we end up with a lot of old people, young people, teeny boppers, lots of chicks, and kids that like our music. we play in iowa, minnesota, nebraska, and illionois, but currently with gas prices just making the circuit in iowa is going to have to suffice. Influences in the band are Collective Soul, Tonic, Coldplay, Metallica, Blue October, Matchbox 20, Filter, Muse, Fuel, Rush, Tool....it's kind of all over the board. I play guitar/keyboards/songwriting.

My rig is a Marshall DSL 100 with 1960A cab and keyboard is a Roland XP 80. For my guitar I play a modded to hell Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition Custom, that I put grover tuners on, bigger pots, new switches and knobs, new (better) wiring, and PRS McCarty pickups. This guitar is absolutely beautiful which is why I choose to play it. And with all the upgrades, it sounds awesome too. And I have your typical hodgepodge of Boss effects.

Ok, no one really cares when they read these, so I'm stopping here....

www.parallex.org

www.myspace.com/parallex

• Members

Hey all,

I play in a Boston band called Amigazo

Our style is hard rock/metal even though we're not really trying to write to a genre as much as we're trying to write music we want to play.

There are four guys in the band: two guitars, bass and drums. Our lead vocalist is one of the guitar players.

We play around Boston a little and are mostly booking our own shows. Come check out our music at our website amigazo.com or myspace and let us know what you think. If you like the music, think we complement each other, and are interested in doing a show with us, drop us a line through the websites and we'll talk.

No tours planned outside of the area just yet, but you never know.

• Members

Hi! Great topic!

I am playing guitar in a danish rockband called "Fran go heep". I'm 30 years old, have been playing guitar since i was eight, and love it! Have been playing a lot of metal and such, but the last years has turned to be pretty rock-oriented. But enough said. Have a listen for yourself at our site; www.frangoheep.dk

And drop a comment in the guestbook if you like!smile.gif

Best regards

andershoeg

• Members

My name i s Tom I'm a singer,guitarist,bassist, I teach alot of guys that I've jammed with over the years songs that I covered band mostly classic rock I've been a musican for 28yrs now, So I'm a classic rock jukebox is what 1 kid told me years ago but anyhow, I've started my 12th band called PAXTYME our drummer is 58 and backup singer 49 our guitarist 30 and me at the ripe age of 43. I finally found a youngster that like's classic rock and I'm on the bass due to there's a lack of in these parts.

• Members

I play guitar in a band called Coma of Loss. We're located in Tampere, Finland.

Our music is proggressive trash metal (in style of Opeth, Hypocrisy, Meshuggah etc.). We started in january 2001. Just got our first demo out (link in the sig). Our music doesn't sound much like those songs anymore, a lot more proggressive and aggressive now.

I mostly write the songs and lyrics and bring them to our rehearsals. After that they will naturally change a lot.

m/mad.gif m/

• Members

I'm in Chicago and I play drums in Driving Forward. We just released our 3rd CD and will be out and gigging again soon.

http://www.drivingforward.net/

http://www.myspace.com/drivingforward

I also play guitar in a "band" called Via Karma. Kind of been out of commission for a while, but I still write a lot on guitar and plan on recording a bunch in the next year. There's a clip in my sig.

• Members

Hi my name is Mike I play guitar and sing in a band called Naked Lunch. We're from the NJ/Philly area. We do mostly covers from jazz, blues, TV Themes, jam band genres, rock, whatever and like to improvise and extend jams, seque into other tunes, go ambient and psychodelic when the mood fits, ya know fun stuff! Essentially we're a jam band if you want to break it down that way.

Besides me, there is a keyboardist, Mark, a bass player Ken and our drummer Andy. Our web site is http://www.nakedlunchjams.com . Check us out if you want.

Thanks for reading!

Mike

Archived