Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

I play keyboards and do the programming for a band called "PuLsE". We are a 3 peice consisting of Guitar/Keys/Vox. We are fully sequenced, and this works well in a lot of the venues we play in. We are based on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, Australia and we play mainly on the Gold Coast/Brisbane and Sunshine Coast.

I guess you could call our music "Classic Rock". It's all covers with a reasonable amount of Australian music thrown in. Our target audience is 30 (ish) plus. At present we mainly play pubs and clubs, however we are now moving into the corporate arena.

Have a look at our website. It's pretty simple, but is doing alright for us at present

pulsebandlive.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm the guitarist in a cover band called Floodgate in Portland. We have one guitar, bass, drums, and vox. I also sing a little backup vox. We aren't picky on any specific genre of music, we play basically rock music from the last 4 decades. We like to focus on a little extra 80s in the mix, that really gets the crowd going. But it's pretty evenly spaced between the decades. We'd eventually like to start implementing a few originals in our set list, but nothing too crazy, we'll still be a cover band.

We're pretty new and it is my 1st band (I'm 26, however). It's only been in the last few months where we've had enough songs to play out a full 3 or 4 hour set. We're of course learning more, and always will be as long as we can think of the songs. Our song picking philosophy basically goes like this (said by our bass player):

"Will the ladies want to dance and move to this?? Then we'll play it."

Most of our stuff is upbeat, but we have a few slower songs to mix up the mood a little bit.

It's a blast and I look forward to every gig (although they're spaced too far apart for my tastes right now, hopefully it'll change soon!)!

• Members

black Actually I have a couple other projects in the works as well as my Black Dymond (no we're not a KISS

tribute band!!). I have a solo acoustic gig that I do from time to time where I play everything from classic country to blues, pop and rock classics from the 50s to the 90s.

I am also trying to put a blues, soul and r&b thing together. As far as my regular band, we play classic rock and blues as well as original material. Last year I recorded and put out an album that you can check out on cdbaby.com called Gary Dupuis: Phases.

If you guys dig acoustic music, check it out!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm the guitar player of the band called Spillback, which is the userid I'm using in here. We are based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and is a 4-piece rock band consisting of vocals (female), guitar, bass and drums. We play covers of rock music from the 70's to the present and also in the process of writing original songs that we intend to include in our playlist.

www.Spillback.com

BTW, this forum is awesome, specially for gigging musicians. It is very easy to relate to some of the discussions, postings, experiences of people here.

Great job, Lee. smile.gif

• Members

I have two main bands.

Mr Whoopee is a classic/hard/modern rock five-piece, g/k/b/d/male v.
Dr Feelgood is a dance/funk/r&b/disco/classic rock band
g/k/b/d/female v.

THe lead guitarist, bassist, drummer and I play in both bands, we just swap out singers...we're a veritable Parliament/Funkadelic.

I play 70/30 guitar/keys in Whoopee and 80/20 keys/guitar in Feelgood.

We play mostly clubs, frats, private parties and receptions in the 334 area code. We are all veterans with everybody having well over twenty years of stage time.

My third gig is a duo with my long-time friend, guitarist and vocalist Andy Norman.
I program the drums and bass, so we sound like a full band.
We play anything from Elton John to Keith Whitley to Grand Funk to Aaron Neville to Hank Williams to Deep Purple.

I have to the best of my knowledge, about 3000 gigs under my belt. The majority of those coming in the eighties and nineties.
I'm at the most a two-to-three night p/week player, now...can't hang like I used to back when I played those 10pm-4am gigs at those roadside honkytonks.biggrin.gif

My gigs nowadays, stress quality (as in better clientele and much higher $$$/effort ratio) over quantity.

• Members

i am the lead guitar of a new rock n roll, hard rock band named FUBAR. FUBAR stands for F***ed up beyond any repair. it was started June 29, we have 2 guitars, Samick TR1 (mine), fender starcaster(for the other lead guitar) and we are looking for drums and a singer

• Members

hello, my name is germs and i'm a guitar-mosexual.

my band ABRUPT plays mainly original tunes influenced by just about everything out there. i guess that's why out of all the band's i've played with, this is my most exciting one. i finally feel that we've risen above all of our individual influences and begun to function as a single unit onstage and at practice. this is a major step for any band, in my opinion -- that is, if you want to play original stuff.

we play anytime anywhere so long as the money's half-ass and the beer is cold and free. mainly around the gulf coast though. we all work day jobs to keep uncle sam off of our backs.

we are a 5 piece, and I play lead. currently, we are in the red hot persuit of the ultra elusive record deal... nothing to write home about though. and the most important thing in our band is the noticeable lack of ego offstage. we all belive in being approachable and friendly to anyone who wants to talk to us. we generally don't turn down shows (see above) and are open minded to play with anyone.

about myself: prior to ABRUPT i have been playing professionally for ten years now as an axe for hire. I know that's not too long compared to some of ya'll out there, but it's a milestone i'm proud of. don't want to brag too much though. money's too good for the wrong people to hear about wink.gif

here comes the obligatory whoring!

www.abruptmusic.com

www.myspace.com/abruptmusic

• Members
Originally posted by xbs13
i am the lead guitar of a new rock n roll, hard rock band named FUBAR. FUBAR stands for F***ed up beyond any repair. it was started June 29, we have 2 guitars, Samick TR1 (mine), fender starcaster(for the other lead guitar) and we are looking for drums and a singer
Most people have watched Saving Private Ryan.

• Members

Greetings, everyone! I'm new to the forum - my name is Fitch and I drum for a melodic rock band from Boston, MA called Griffon.

We're heavy, catchy, and energetic... elements of Chevelle, Thrice, Sevendust, and King's X crumpled together with some punk/metal/funk twinges... check us out on MySpace! We're in pre-production right now, so we'll have more songs up soon!

Thanks for checking us out!

www.myspace.com/griffonband

Griffonpromopicsmall.jpg

• Members

I sing in a UK based Led Zeppelin tribute called Led Zep Too .
We got deleted five times from MySpace but we keep coming back.
The first time they said they thought our sound clips were actual Zep bootlegs.
Then they said we couldn't host any sound files eventhough they were us.
Then they just seemed to delete us out of spite.
We seem to be alright at the moment but the sound files are only on our own site.

• Members

Think I posted this in another forum, but anyway.

www.myspace.com/thelearningcurvenorwich

We do a mix of covers and originals covering mostly rock and blues, possibly a bit of folky-type stuff as well. It's just two of us at the moment and we're based in Norwich during college term time. I'm lead/rhythm guitar and vocals, if you listen to 'Rain' (one of the songs on our site) that's me doing lead. We started out as an acoustic outfit but I've just bought myself a Tele so we're now electric as well.

We both do solo gigs as well, so keep an eye out for one or both of us if you're in the area.

• Members

Neon Hookers - rock influenced hardcore. For fans of Give up the ghost, Modern life is war, Snapcase, and AC/DC.
www.myspace.com/theneonhookers

Black My Heart - heavy and metallic hardcore. For fans of Terror, Bury your dead and Embrace Today.
www.myspace.com/blackmyheart

I play guitar in both of these bands, which are both based out of Boston. BMH is on a bigger label and we just got home from a 5 week full US tour with Sworn Enemy. Neon heads out for a 2 week east coast tour in August and then both bands begin writing full length records. Black My Heart has extensive touring plans for 2007 including Australia and Europe. Neon will do at least another 2 week tour this year, next year we will hit the west coast either as a 2 week tour or as part of a full US.

• Members

Hi all,
I'm new here. I play guitar (mostly rythym, but some lead parts) in our band Chronicles of Mayhem.
www.myspace.com/chroniclesofmayhem

I'm female, the rest of the band are males. We play all original material. We are currently in the studio doing an EP. Our first demo (those songs are on our myspace page) the quality was bad, but you get an idea of what we do.

Anyway...HI!!biggrin.gif

Archived