Introduce your band!

Lee Flier

• Members

Hello, I play in a band named Quixotic Rage. It is a 4 piece band that likes to play several styles of music, but most of our originals lean to the rock side of things. Then band has been around for near 7 years, but the members have changed overtime (especialy drummers). We currently are working with yet another drummer who may turn out to be a good fit. The band is currently working on 2 CD's one which is a more easy going acoustic CD for coffee shops and the other one is a loud rocker. You can check out more info and porly converted mp3's on our myspace page. We plan on posting more up to date material next month.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The band is called Militant Tendency. We're in the NYC Metro area. The three of us [we're still looking for a bass player] are graduate students and lecturers at Rutgers University in New Jersey. We haven't started playing out yet.

In terms of style, it's a bit difficult to describe what we do. Part of that is due to the fact that we really are still in the start-up phase, and the bass player will be an important part of the sound. I believe in a very prominent, lead-bass style. However, some of the music we have been listening to collectively includes The Gang of Four, The Fall, PiL, Joy Division, The Breeders, The Killers, The Plimsouls, Shriekback... and a bunch of other stuff.

I have an interest in electronic music, and we've been using samplers and synthesizers. If I had to point to an electronic source of inspiration, I'd have to say I lean more toward Tangerine Dream of the Rubycon/Phaedra period and Brian Eno. There's also a bit of an industrial influence there, by way of Einstuezende Neubauten and Frontline Assembly.

Militant Tendency is a kind of agit-pop political project. We have no dreams of stardom, but we'd like to bring a kind of political theatre to the stage. I guess you can guess the politics.

• Members

Hey all
This is Larz Lustie;Guitarist of the Chicago-based PowerPunk Band The Lusties! http://www.thelusties.com/
We play original music and are fronted by the fabulous vocal talents of Edie Lustie with GT as my fellow axe-wielding brother;Gunther is at the Bass, and Jack pummels out the the drums with deadly precision.
our recent disc is a four song tease but we have held beck the full-length to add some new songs that have been knocking 'em over at shows. we have a great producer who has a 5 gold record; 1 platinum resume with bands such as The Used;Goldfinger;Good Charlotte and others.
Hope that after reading you will take a few minutes to check out our website or our Myspace page;befriend us,or just hit me up and request a disc. (they are currently only available by request and at our shows)
We are gearing-up for a west-coast-back to Chicago set of shows,so you might see us coming your way!
You will also be able to tell if weve already been there by the trail of PBR cans and empty Jack Danials bottles

• Members

I'm the Sound Engineer for a seasoned vocal professional who has opened for or performed with some of the biggest acts in the world . . . Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Tom Jones to name a few.

Played Vegas for 8 years and traveled the world about three times, and still sounds great! He's playing solo now while I provide the tracks and lighting too. icon_lol.gif

The best part is that we STILL have fun with it and enjoy seeing the younger generation rediscover my generations music!

See our web site for a little memory lane . . . www.LiveVegasShow.com

• Members

Hi everyone.

Great bands over here thumb.gif

My band is FROGCIRCUS, and we're a trio based in Berlin, Germany, although I'm originally from Gran Canaria, Spain.

We play power-pop/alternative rock kind of tunes, all original. We've played with Nada Surf, Richie Kotzen, Yardbirds, Blood Brothers and a few others, and have released 3 records by now and the fourth is waiting for a deal. It's a good one indeed biggrin.gif

www.frogcircus.com
www.myspace.com/frogcircus

• Members

Hi everyone,

The Four Man Band Team is from Maine! For the record none of us, chop wood, catch lobster, or hunt moose. We really just like to play tunes and have fun. Just finished our first cd, we are pretty happy with it.. although we werent expecting to it to come out the way it did. Guess we are just used to the energy of playing live. At any rate, check us out on myspace! Let me know what you think.. bad or good!

Thanks

www.myspace.com/fourmanbandteam

• Members

We play Southern Rock. I play bass and am the least experienced member of the group. By least experienced, I mean with my instrument. I used to perform stand up comedy but quit after a failed audition with NBC. But if you ever get to hear me play bass, you'll get a good laugh, I'm sure.

My 4 piece band, Doubledown, plays mostly originals and we're branching out to include covers.

Archived