Post some videos of your act!

MusicalSchizo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are really good performances, and the bar in this forum keeps getting higher. Not to use an already overused word, but that was awesome stuff!
:thu::thu::thu:
Although... it's hard to compete with multiple camera shoots and digital video editing effects... I especially liked your emergence from the dots, and your aura emanating from you during your guitar solo. The only other time I've ever seen that happen was watching Carlos Santana play... but that was live and in person.
:rawk:;)

• Members

Those are really good performances, and the bar in this forum keeps getting higher. Not to use an already overused word, but that was awesome stuff!

:thu:
Although... it's hard to compete with multiple camera shoots and digital video editing effects... I especially liked your emergence from the dots, and your aura emanating from you during your guitar solo. The only other time I've ever seen that happen was watching Carlos Santana play... but that was live and in person.

:rawk:;)

The EV2 video was stitched together from two camcorders, one in the audience, and one from someone on the side of the stage. My daughter was in the audience, we just lucked into the other footage :)

As to the digital video editing - it's ALL Sony Vegas, and Sony's cheapo Movie software does most of the same things. That was all a single-camera shot, it seemed like a two-camera shoot because the guy doing the shoot was moving around in the audience. Because the video is excerpts, sometimes the camera dude was in a different position than he was for the previous excerpt, which was why it looks like two cameras were used.

One of the "tricks" I advise for bands doing a single-camera shoot is to play the song three times, and shoot once from the right, once from the left, and the third time do floating close-ups. Pick the best audio from one, then lay in video from the different shoots to mix things up somewhat. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get the video to sync up, especially if the band is playing to a click. If not, you can do slight speed up/slow down on videos to make things match.

• Members

What's up all - I'll throw my hat in the ring:

Make A Scene

Originally written in November, I didn't record it until last Wednesday (my day off) so here you go! All tracks were recorded in a span of about 4 hours:

Track listing:
Drums: 4 mics, 2 cameras
Bass: DI + Mic, 2 cameras
Blue Guitar (PRS): 1) Line6 UX1 and 2) Mesa Boogie 50/50 express, 2 cameras
Green Guitar (OLP): 1) Line6 UX1 and 2) Peavey Bandit, 2 cameras
Acoustic Guitar (Martin D35): 1 mic, 2 cameras
Acoustic Guitar (Martin D35): 1 mic, 2 cameras Capo 2nd fret
Tamborine: 1 mic, 1 camera
Lead Vox: 1 mic, 2 cameras
Background Vox : 1 mic, 2 cameras

DAW: Reaper
Cameras: My phone (original droid) and CanonSD1000
Video Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro 5

I saw Musical Schizo's video and planned to do this earlier, but was unable until last Wednesday. It took me longer to edit the video than it did to write and record the song.

• Members

Man, I said it before but there's a whole lot of playin' going on in this thread. Lots of great ideas and music - it's like going to an online solo/duo conference. From Roots to Rock to Folk to Pop to C.A.'s guitar and electronic grooves - very cool.

And Crosscut Saw, nice. I learned that whole Born Under A Bad Sign album when I was a "kid". And still do Crosscut once in a while.

And if I do a home video I'm putting my cat in it. The dog in the video strolling by added a nice homey touch. Sometimes the best things are unplanned - or maybe it was staged.... even better.

• Members
Jack Russell Terrier

She's a beagle mutt with a little terrier Yes! That's Lucy! :love:

The dog in the video strolling by added a nice homey touch. Sometimes the best things are unplanned - or maybe it was staged.... even better.

I assure you it was unplanned. Lucy keeps showing up in my recordings. One of these days I'll try to record her howl! It's eerie!:eek:

some nekkid wimminz in teh background

That is a Pink Floyd art piece; Any google search for Pink Floyd and Body Art will pull it up!
But it's your show boss! If it's gotta go, then it's gotta go!:cop:

• Members

LeftJay, John Bartus, Anderton, everybody! There are some talented people here!

What you did in your video was pretty darn cool as well! Cool tune, and a great way to record it (as well as documenting the recording)! Nice chops on everything, too, by the way!

:thu::thu::thu:

What gets me is that you can pull this off in four hours; I do the same thing (except play the drums) and it takes me a bit longer, especially on guitar solos. I'll finish my next CD someday...

:rawk:

And I LOVE the Lite Brite avatar!!!

• Members

For you 'lectric plectrum artistes (Shaster, Blue and Lefty) all I can say is "thank you" for re-constituting my guitar player envy that has lain dormant for years if not decades. And as if that wasn't enough, Lefty even ignited some "pianist envy" even though I am somewhat of one (pianist). Love you guys' sound and styles :thu:. Lefty's stuff reminds me of those classic impeccable Chet-Floyd-era Nashville instrumentals, in other words, sounds like a Nashville "cat".

Also enjoying the guitar/vox stuff thoroughly, getting ready to listen to the "mad scientist" stuff too.

IMO we need a virtual "lounge" where members perform selections on request, just the same as if you walked into the joint where they were playing. Of course, to do this it would have to have a TIP JAR to make it worth their while. I have a shiny crisp Paypal dollar bill ready to go, just for THAT lucky person:).

• Members

IMO we need a virtual "lounge" where members perform selections on request, just the same as if you walked into the joint where they were playing. Of course, to do this it would have to have a TIP JAR to make it worth their while. I have a shiny crisp Paypal dollar bill ready to go, just for THAT lucky person:).

+1 :thu:

I'm enjoying this video series, thumbs up to all y'all! :thu:

• Members

Well Since OneEng broke the solo/duo rule with a five piece band (just kidding LOL) heres one of my power trios The Gutter Katz this past fri feb 24th. It was recorded on my GF phone and the sound started breaking up a bit when it got louder. Oh well (It's only Rock & Roll...But I like I't)

• Members

[Guitarman, that was cool. The funny part is 0:25-0:30 the guy stumbling holding onto his girlfriend and trying to grab her boob and being denied! LOL!

Thanks Mike. yea I noticed that after I uploaded it, LOL he was pretty wasted. The venue was an old downtown building long and narrow, and the restrooms and outside beergarden/smoking area were behind so a constent flow of people. It's good were only a trio.

Archived