Post some videos of your act!

MusicalSchizo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm resurrecting old threads 'cos I just joined and I'm looking around.

WOW!

I have to admit I have fallen in love a little bit with some of you guitar playing gentlemen on here!

Of course, as I'm a Lady, I'm not going to say which ones. ;)

• Members

Here's one of the Black Keys-Lonely Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZPns6GgzI&feature=g-upl&context=G27b4b45AUAAAAAAAAAA

This is pretty much what i do for my solo act except i bang on a stompbox with my foot too for a bass drum. I use a looper real quick for the solo. Any percussion sounds are just me hitting the guitar somehow. (Backing tracks not needed) :)

• Members
Here's one of the Black Keys-Lonely Boy.

This is pretty much what i do for my solo act except i bang on a stompbox with my foot too for a bass drum. I use a looper real quick for the solo. Any percussion sounds are just me hitting the guitar somehow. (Backing tracks not needed)
:)

hey fingerpicker

nice stuff. nice tune. i love that band and have done for the past ten years...
are you using your looper there for that solo? you have a rhytym guitar under there when your soloing dont you?
is that looped live or just a pre-recorded one you trigger? sorry to be nosey.

would love to hear it with the stombox though, or even a backbeat on a track.. which stombbox you using??

cheers
d

• Members

Here's one from 2010.

hey bob dey...

nice one man!! real nice. lovely playing...

IMO this is a real good example of how a backing track can be a good thing.

you can clearly play the guitar to death!! so youre just using the backtrack to allow you to do that more freely.

and IMHO it works... lovely tone on the guitar nice one.

d

• Members

are you using your looper there for that solo? you have a rhytym guitar under there when your soloing dont you?

is that looped live or just a pre-recorded one you trigger? sorry to be nosey

I never pre-record loops. Its always live. As soon as I stop singing I play that riff and am recording--its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

which stombbox you using??

I have used store-bought ones (including a porchboard) ...Right now I have a small home made one which works as good or better. The trick is you need a good PA speaker to play it through and you need to have it eq'd correctly with either a eq pedal or if your channel has 3 band eq with a sweepable mid.

• Members

What equipment are you all using to film and record yourselves???

You all sound and look so clear!

Bob Dey - only 13 posts on here and you sound like THAT???? I'm glad I resurrected this thread even if it was only to bring you out of hiding!

Hah.

You guitar guys on here are all fabulous.

• Members

What equipment are you all using to film and record yourselves???

You all sound and look so clear!

Bob Dey - only 13 posts on here and you sound like THAT???? I'm glad I resurrected this thread even if it was only to bring you out of hiding!

Hah.

You guitar guys on here are
all
fabulous.

Doezer and BlueStrat thanks for the comments. Susie, I used a flip cam with a small tripod set on a table. Not bad for the price I paid, but I think there are better camcorders in that price range now. The built in mic can only handle so much volume before breaking up, so I try to keep it down a little. :)

• Members

Doezer and BlueStrat thanks for the comments. Susie, I used a flip cam with a small tripod set on a table. Not bad for the price I paid, but I think there are better camcorders in that price range now. The built in mic can only handle so much volume before breaking up, so I try to keep it down a little.

Well, you sounded pretty damn good to my ears.

• Members

Well, you sounded pretty damn good to my ears.

Thanks Susie. I checked out the recordings on your website and enjoyed the cocktail music the most (that's just me). Your duo would be worth seeing no doubt, and getting some video of live performance couldn't hurt. You have a lovely voice :)

• Members

Thanks Susie. I checked out the recordings on your website and enjoyed the cocktail music the most (that's just me). Your duo would be worth seeing no doubt, and getting some video of live performance couldn't hurt. You have a lovely voice

Thank you.

The cocktail stuff is what we specialize in.

The 'pop' songs only sound any good live really - but the song samples give an idea of the type of dance stuff we play.

Regarding videos, I realise that we really really need some on that website to show people we can hack it live - but as you all know on here, getting a good quality video with good sound isn't easy. And we won't put anything amateurish on there.

And we've managed so far in the 12 years we've been a duo to get regular weekly gigs to make our living without videos, but it is something I would like to get done sometime soon.

My partner is a different matter. I have all on getting him to have his bloody photo taken!!!!

So............wish me luck getting the bugger on film!!!! :rolleyes:

• Members

Some of you guys are real pros--good stuff. I mainly play at weddings and at church, but here's a clip of me and a friend playing one of my original tunes at a festival gig. I'm the one on the left singin' and strummin'.

[video=youtube;WL6K-bBMRlI]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

LOL.. This is my first post here. I cant believe in all the years of aimlessly tooling around the internet I've never been to Harmony Central!

Here's a Bee Gees tune...

[video=youtube;F7JhqGDAqMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7JhqGDAqMI&feature=g-upl

Here's Barenaked Ladies Tune

[video=youtube;DIq7J-bxH-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIq7J-bxH-I&feature=relmfu

• Members

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150268992777905&set=vb.269362644115&type=2&theater

OK, I'll play along. This video is a compilation of one of my last gigs in Washington State. I'm in the Military, so I was transferred out of the area after 3 being stationed there for 3 years. Made some amazing friends there!

Well this gig was a tough one for me, and I was not even close to 100% that night (not to say that I'm ever amazing or anything). But I had worked the day before as usual, and then had to stand watch from midnight until 8 am all night long......

I would have slept during the day, but the guys at work wanted to have a farewell luncheon for me during the day. So I stayed awake, started drinking at about 9 or 10 am....and then my gig started at about 6:30 that night. So I was running on zero sleep, and lots of booze. And given it was my last gig there, I played a little longer than usual. They paid me extra, which I did not ask for. Good folks! But please try not to be too critical lol. I realize the sound quality here isn't great....the little camera mic isn't the best, plus my buddy was camera man, and i can't complain....at least he did it for me. But the place was loud, and I didn't want to blast the folks sitting right in front of the speakers.

Archived