Keyboard recommendations for an adult beginner???

• Members
A MIDI controller. There are programs that help you follow along and help teach you' date=' plus it`s an invaluable songwriter piece, don`t care if it`s great or not. As long as the keys are decently velocity stepped you`re good. You`re not going to be playing a grand piano anytime soon so IMO 61 keys, velocity sensitive, preferably USB MIDI or you`re going to need something like a M Audio USB UNO, That`s it.[/quote']

No no no. :facepalm:

Not for someone who wants to learn classical piano. This is like recommending a sedan for someone who wants to buy a pickup. Apples and oranges.

• Members

No no no. :facepalm:

Not for someone who wants to learn classical piano. This is like recommending a sedan for someone who wants to buy a pickup. Apples and oranges.

I`m not a very good player, take my advice with a grain of salt.

• Members

This?[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com\/images\/I\/71EbghMeXpL._SX679_.jpg"}[/img2]

The Fender-Price, a future collectible. Better in tweed.

• Members

Thanks again. Our eldest music theory/history editor here came to me with this query. A few years back, when the company did a grownup musical talent show, she reserved the performance space; when I saw it for the first time, I asked, "where's the PA?" This woman asked in a whisper, "what's a PA?" So she seriously needed help.

They're taking the advice about weighted keys and will be looking for one of the two $399 Casios recommended here, plus the three-pedal accessory and potentially a stand too. Y'all's are super!

And I'm taking Nede's advice for my nephew's 2nd bday.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived