iNuke (new from behringer)

• Members

Do you know if the "RMS" power is based on a 20mSec burst?

No, the EP4000 is:

550wrms/750wburst @ 8 (1.4db difference)

950wrms/1400wburst @ 4 (1.7db difference)

1250wrms/2000wburst @ 2 (2db difference difference)

Probably typical "rail sag" for an amp of this size?

What 'ringer calls "peak" is actually "burst" :freak: . Just be glad they didn't call the EP4000 an EP8000 :lol: .

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, that's too much of a difference to be a burst rating. The hum at the continuous power rating level (due to the power supply sag) would force the THD+N number way up, 10x what they "claim". There's not that much PSRR available in that amp to be able to get away with this.

I "wonder" if it's 1000 watts RMS, 1250 watts RMS (20mSec) burst and 2000 watts peak. 'Me thinks this is a more logical explaination.

• Members

1 or 2 might make it if you seal it in a dry, oxygen free, light free environment for 19 years, 51 weeks, and 6 days.
:lol:

Betcha they'd last forever if yah don't power them on :lol: .

But I hear tell that them USA made nukes don't last but a few milliseconds when you operate them neither :D .

• Members

IMO, that's too much of a difference to be a burst rating....

I "wonder" if it's 1000 watts RMS, 1250 watts RMS (20mSec) burst and 2000 watts peak. 'Me thinks this is a more logical explaination.

I'm more inclined to "wonder" if the number was produced with no testing at all, created by marketeers who branded the model specs from what some of the engineers said 'could be possible' given the semiconductor datasheets.

• Members
I'm more inclined to "wonder" if the number was produced with no testing at all, created by marketeers who branded the model specs from what some of the engineers said 'could be possible' given the semiconductor datasheets.

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd know 'ringers numbers have been independently verified on the NU3000 at least. I have an EP2500 and a couple RMX2450's and they sound the same to me except with the limiters on the EP2500 perhaps quieter.

• CMS Author

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd know 'ringers numbers have been independently verified on the NU3000 at least. I have an EP2500 and a couple RMX2450's and they sound the same to me except with the limiters on the EP2500 perhaps quieter.

Can you really fault someone for not reading 156 posts about a Behringer amp?

• Members

I read through the thread, read the tests you mention, and didn't see Behr's numbers verified anywhere. Actually, to be more clear I haven't even really seen any numbers (at least not to any known standard) from Behringer. And the numbers I did see were not a verification of anything that Behringer had labelled in terms of the amp. That's why we're sitting here endlessly speculating what "test conditions" Behringer had established.

• Members

Kinda sad that the only rag publishing independent test numbers I could find was in Germany - why are no US rags doing more than repeating the manufacturers' propaganda? I'd sure like to see iNuke and IPR and XLS amps measured the same way - and measure up some QSC "K" and JBL "PRX" speaker amps vs RCF while they're at it with SPL measurements for the cabs too :cool: .

• 5 months later...
  • Members
  • Members
  • Members

Looks like Musician's Friend has the NU6000 in stock, and is also running a 10% off President's Day sale - just today only.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-inuke-nu6000/h79225000000000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=1222228426

Any takers for $360?

Coincidently, that's also the cost of a couple of recones for a typical sub ;)

Archived