iNuke (new from behringer)

• Members

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/NU6000.aspx

Well I wouldn't post this unless there was some value to this. Personally I paid too much for speakers I don't want blown to bits but I'm sure they'll sell a few of these. There is a DSP version available too, rejoice.

info:

iNUKE NU6000

Ultra-Lightweight, High-Density 6000-Watt Power Amplifier

Delivers 2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 1500 Watts into 8 Ohms and weighs less than 12 lbs.

Ultimate reliability through revolutionary cool-running High-Density Class-D technology with "near-zero" thermal buildup

Ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption

"Zero-Attack" limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection

Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for perfect subwoofer operation

Detented and illuminated gain controls for precise level setting

Precise 4-segment Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance

XLR and 1/4'' TRS combination input connectors for compatibility with any source

Professional twist-lock speaker connectors for ultimate reliability

Independent DC, LF and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does it make a little mushroom cloud when it blows up? Considering the company, that's a bad marketing decision for a name. Maybe it's a little inside joke with the marketing department :D. Remember there's LOTS of magic smoke inside B products.

• Members

I Nuke? Come on. With a name like that

how can a person take the amp to be anything but a DJ amp?

Although it may turn out to be an ok amp I wouldn't pick one up because of the name alone.

" Hey guys, Check out my new INuke amp."

Yeah right......

Yeah, it is a pretty stupid name.

Dookietwo

Yeah, it is a pretty stupid name.

• Members

FWIW, what speakers that behringer makes could possibly be a good fit for an amp of this size? It doesn't match anything in their line-up at all, not that would stop them.

Convert backwards and 1500 watts RMS at 2 ohms is a pretty good fit... about 950 watts/chan at 4 ohms and 600 watts/chan at 8 ohms give or take.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Convert backwards and 1500 watts RMS at 2 ohms is a pretty good fit... about 950 watts/chan at 4 ohms and 600 watts/chan at 8 ohms give or take.

Of course there are a number of factors that come into play when converting peak to average power levels. This would be the best case and could be accurate if it has a UL rating. Otherwise it is likely that it is even less than this.

• Members

From the feedback I hear their amps actually seem to hold up well. Of course this is a brand new line so who knows. Just wish they didn't make potential buyers resort to having to calculate the estimated real world power ratings off their peak numbers...and in some cases the bridged peak numbers. I can never seem to find 8 ohm power ratings on their amps. Guess they're afraid to put those numbers in their marketing because they'll look too low.

They advertise their EPX2000 (a GX3 knockoff) as a 2,000 watt amp when that's really 2,000 watts bridged @ 4 ohms. Guess that's good for the person using it on a dual 18" sub but in the real world I think many folks would probably use that amp as a monitor amp on 8 ohm speakers which means it's a good fit for 300w or 400w speakers. Unfortunately, I think the fact that they make their power ratings confusing and many of their buyers are most likely newbie musicians or DJ means there are probaby some seriously mismatched amp/speaker combos out there just waiting to give up the ghost.

Archived