iNuke (new from behringer)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Whilst awaiting a reply from Peavey to get back to me re- some 240V IPR amps... I grabbed one of the first of only about 4 available in Oz, NU3000 units.

Ordered it on the basis of being a trial. Never had a B amp before, this is their first chance at impressing me, if only a little.

Well the amp has rocked up, the boxpackaging is maybe heavier than what is inside !! eeeeeek

Going to run it up on Monitor duty and see how it performs. It really is pretty small and very very light, maybe not heavy enough:eek:

attachment.php?attachmentid=337083&d=131

attachment.php?attachmentid=337082&d=131

attachment.php?attachmentid=337085&d=131

attachment.php?attachmentid=337086&d=131

attachment.php?attachmentid=337084&d=131

• Members

Yeah put up what you think once you get it up and running. I'm curious as to what these amps are even close to capable of doing. The Behringer specs don't make any sense (maximum power output 3000 watts, power consumption 350 watts).

BTW I've got a couple of Behringer EPX's that I'm pretty satisfied with for what I paid for them. They run nice and cool, and seem to be putting out pretty much what their RMS specs say they're supposed to. But Behringer provides no RMS specs for the iNuke line.

• Members
  • Members

But it weighs 8 pounds. Is there anything more to stop me from buying something like this or the model with DSP?

The name Behringer?

I bought some of Behringer's earlier gear (pre-1999) and while it all still works - amazingly - it all gets extremely hot, which I don't like.

• Members

"maximum power output 3000 watts, power consumption 350 watts"

I don't know how many times I've explained this...the amps are loaded at 1/8th power, then the consumption is measured.

I'm not sure I believe the 3,000 watts anyway. I would be willing to bet a lot that's not RMS wattage.

• Members

The name
Behringer
?

I bought some of Behringer's earlier gear (pre-1999) and while it all still works -
amazingly
- it all gets
extremely hot
, which I don't like.

WOW, it only took JBL 12 years to catch up with Behringer! :-)

• Members

"maximum power output 3000 watts, power consumption 350 watts"

I don't know how many times I've explained this...the amps are loaded at 1/8th power, then the consumption is measured.

I'm not sure I believe the 3,000 watts anyway. I would be willing to bet a lot that's not RMS wattage.

Hi Jim,

Just a quick question : I was just at a DJ friend's house and he bought the IPR1600. He loves it, but he says he's had some problems with one of the channels sometimes working and sometimes not. He brought it to the dealer but can't replicate the problem... Ideas?

Thanks,

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, today I :

#1 Received a reply from Full Compass saying it would be at least three months before the NU6000 starts shipping

... and ...

#2 Received a tracking number from the place I had ordered one from a couple weeks ago.

Which should i believe?

:confused::eek::D

Well, as they just refunded me for the NU6000 that still isn't shipping and I see NU3000's in stock I went ahead and ordered one of them up - should be here in a day or two. I'll use that instead of the IPR3000 I was going to jury-rig bridge. The NU6000 appears to be two bridged NU3000's in one case anyways...

• Members

Hi Jim,

he's had some problems with one of the channels sometimes working and sometimes not. He brought it to the dealer but can't replicate the problem...

Assuming there isn't some hookup problem or funky cables, I'd check to make sure the bridge switch is firmly switched out.

• Members

"Just a quick question : I was just at a DJ friend's house and he bought the IPR1600. He loves it, but he says he's had some problems with one of the channels sometimes working and sometimes not. He brought it to the dealer but can't replicate the problem... Ideas?"

Sounds like a bad cable, or a failing voice coil. Especially since they can't duplicate it.

"I'll use that instead of the IPR3000 I was going to jury-rig bridge."

I hope you are not expecting 1 to 1 performance...The NU3000 appears to be a little less power than an IPR1600.

• Members
The NU3000 appears to be a little less power than an IPR1600.

I'm hoping it will be around 2000w peak bridged into 4 ohms. A bridged 1600 would be OK for my application but I'd like just a bit more. I'll measure it and let you all know what I see :) .

• Members

Had a smaller show last Sat night just to play some music for a friend. I only took the NU3000 along with two Etone monitors running the 15" heavy duty 801 plus horn, 8ohm each box running in stereo. Comparison was a Australian Monitor PA1200 amplifier which is quoted to run plused 1K both channels 800 Watts 4 ohm, or E.I.A 680W. For the most simple comparison I just ran both amps up at different times playing music (no band this night) at various times just to see if this light weight amp really is any good, if half any good. To my surprise, it seemed to cope very well, plenty of grunt, sounded great and is maybe 20 Kg's lighter on the back:)

A veeeeeery bad comparison but all I could some up with at the time. The older amp only came just in case the new one went down on me, it didn't and I am pleasantly impressed. I would like to know how it would go in the hands of some real testing, side by side with its competitors in this market. Looks like only 4 of these units came into Australia, I got one of them, when more arrive I may just grab another. If Peavey ever get back to me then I will take advantage of the strong $AU and buy from the States if there is a 240V IPR.

Manual does quote Maximum output power for the NU3K, 440/880/1500W, 8/4 and 2 ohm. Bridged mono 1500w @ 8 and 3000 @ 4. Bridge output is +1/+2 pins.

This may not be of much help but thought I would quickly share my first quick look into this B amp.

Archived