iNuke (new from behringer)

• Members

I don't know if their numbers are correct, but one thing I didn't mention is power factor which can be a 20+% penalty on conventional power supply amps due to the reactive input of the transformer.

Also, my examples are at approx. unity power factor.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was with you until this:

1530/.25 = 6120 watts available at 25% duty cycle

How can 25% duty cycle provide more power than 100% duty cycle?

So 1800 x .85 = 1530 watts available at 100% duty cycle

• Members

I was with you until this:

How can 25% duty cycle provide more power than 100% duty cycle?

I am going to go out on a huge limb here, and assume there is a decent cap involved, and it is able to maintain voltage for the couple of milliseconds required to deliver peak voltage. Hopefully one of the many that are much smarter than I will chip in.

• Members

I am going to go out on a huge limb here, and assume there is a decent cap involved, and it is able to maintain voltage for the couple of milliseconds required to deliver peak voltage. Hopefully one of the many that are much smarter than I will chip in.

This is essentially correct, the energy storage is what's responsible for converting 6dB of dynamic power into an AVERAGE power.

• Members
Behringer said the iNukes are shipping today. I'm sure someone might want to know.

WooHoo! I can at least do an unloaded output voltage measurement to see if it is anywhere near what it should be - I'm pretty sure I don't have any 3000w 4 ohm resistors around here to load it down proper ;) . Actually anybody know of a PC based noise generator with variable crest factor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, today I :

#1 Received a reply from Full Compass saying it would be at least three months before the NU6000 starts shipping

... and ...

#2 Received a tracking number from the place I had ordered one from a couple weeks ago.

Which should i believe?

:confused::eek::D

• Members

Hey, today I :

#1 Received a reply from Full Compass saying it would be at least three months before the NU6000 starts shipping

... and ...

#2 Received a tracking number from the place I had ordered one from a couple weeks ago.

Which should i believe?

:confused::eek::D

It's going to take the guy 3 months in an inflatable raft to row it across the pond from China. Both are right! :lol:

• Members

It's going to take the guy 3 months in an inflatable raft to row it across the pond from China. Both are right!
:lol:

LOL

The tracking number was created last night at 8 but I won't believe it until UPS actually has possession of the package ;) . Maybe it's a box of rocks? Maybe some here will think that's a good thing? :lol:

• CMS Author

LOL

The tracking number was created last night at 8 but I won't believe it until UPS actually has possession of the package
;)
. Maybe it's a box of rocks? Maybe some here will think that's a good thing?
:lol:

Wonderful. So we've gone from warehousing stock all over the place, to centralized warehousing with "JIT" shipping, to "let's not make any at all, until we've got a bunch of orders".

• Members

Wonderful. So we've gone from warehousing stock all over the place, to centralized warehousing with "JIT" shipping, to "let's not make any at all, until we've got a bunch of orders".

there's an app for that.

Archived