What's on your "wish list" for 2018 , A new model ? old ? doing in "trade in"/trade "up" ? I have a few "things" on mine ...you ? Do you even have a "wish list" ? ... :)

crustoleum

• Members

Check out Bugera, especially the Infinium line. Super affordable. The only one I've actually had the pleasure of trying out, so far, is the 1960, which is really, really cool. It's setup just like a vintage Marshall, and is capable of channel jumping just like one too. Sweet amp. There's also a smaller Infinium, I may Google it in a minute to double check myself, I believe it's a V5 or something similar, much smaller, great reviews, but I've never actually played that one. If it's anything like it's larger brother, then, at the price point, it's a steal. Jet City's supposed to be pretty killer too, designed by Soldano himself, just import instead of domestic.

• Members

Recently I've grown a hankering to buy an F-Style Mandolin. I don't like buying crap, and I'd never justify a high end one either. So I'm just looking for a good value mando. And yes, I know you can get more tone for the buck with an A-Style, but part of the fun of that purchase would be to have an F-Style hanging off the wall. They're just such cool looking instruments. And of course I'd work on learning "Losing My Religion".

I've really got no more usable space for guitars and amps, so I'm going to try to chill in that department (just after this last one . . . .) So I tend to look more for smaller pieces, like new and more boutique stomp pedals. The results sometimes with a pedal can be as pivotal in your playing and sound as a new guitar, or even more so. Plus they take up less space. smiley-wink

But I'm still fancying the 2017 SGT, and after I thin the herd some day :rolleyes: I'd like to be able to get a Dusenberg Starplayer TV in some delightfully tacky finish like this

80543d710479456f151c74acc63a8736.jpg

• Members

I've always wanted a Gibson L5CES and the longer I wait the more expensive they become.

I had a chance to buy one for $1350 in the late '70s or early '80s but even that was a lot of money back then.

I might be okay with one of the high quality Japanese copies that Yamaha and Ibanez (et al) were making before Gibson forced them to stop - but those are probably difficult to find now.

• Members

I have nothing specific on my wish list for next year. I'm considering liquidating a few guitars and buying myself a Jem7V though. I doubt that'll happen, but you never know. Maybe do a few pedal swaps on my board. One thing I KNOW I'll be doing is upgrading my cables at some point. I need another one of the Planet Waves pedalboard cable kits and some good 10' cables in blue, red and green. Yes, I color code stuff. Oh and I need a new Hercules Stand. My old one broke =\

Ok, so I guess I did have a few items on my wish list.

• Members

This place is horrible for my wallet. This post got me thinking about what all I had on my shopping list, so I went yesterday and got myself another one of those Planet Waves pedalboard cable kits and finished the wiring I've ignored for a few months. Looks great now... Then I got to thinking about my delay pedal and ordered myself a TC Electronics Flashback.. And then I decided I needed those cables... I did decide against color coding though. GAS is a disease boys.. At least I didn't order the white Jem.................. or did I?

Archived