Things that I just don't get.

badpenguin

• Members
I tune up to the note because it tightens the winding around the post. I find that tuning down sometimes allows the string to go flat if the winding gets a bit loose. Maybe I just need to lubricate my nuts.

Or switch to boxers. sm-wink Seriously, I tune whichever direction I need to tune. Sure, with new strings, I tune up because they're loose and therefore flat when you put them on. But otherwise, if a string is sharp, I tune down; if it's flat, I tune up.

• Members

Why anyone who starts a post with "My Gold Top" always ends it by telling you how their son borrows it so they are going to buy him his own Les Paul it and how wonderful their boy is and how he's joined a band now................

Listen, I don't care if you think the sun shines out of his rs I don't want to hear it!

• Members

Brand whores - you know the ones that wouldn't be caught dead playing anything without a prestige brand on it. I really do appreciate a good guitar, know the difference and have some nice American makes, but my lead player knows my favorite Strat to play is generally a Mexican Squier.

• Members

Another thing to add to the list.

The "Pro" series by Epiphone. 339 Pro, SG pro, ad nausum... Don't the idiots at Epiphone advertising agency know, that the second you add the word "Pro" or "Professional" to your guitar name, it translates into POS?

• Members
I don't get the whole "relic" thing... why in the world would you pay twice the price (or more) to buy a guitar that looks like it's been dragged all over the country in the back of Willie Nelson's jeep?

When this album came out I wanted a guitar that looks like this one...

51jFdVX9PxL.jpg

Archived