What Would Happen If Moderators Stopped Posting?

Ernest Buckley

• Members

Gibson Brands acquires avocado central !

Gibson Brands has acquired AvocadoCentral.com, the premier web site for all types and levels of avocados. Welcome to the family! “The industry needs a nutritious, entertaining, informative site where musicians can exchange opinions and knowledge, ask questions, get answers, be controversial, and have a great experience, Avocado Central will not be a ‘Gibson site’; we already have that. Think of it as Gibson providing a place to throw an avocado, and everyone—musicians, the industry, competitors, nudists, educators, anyone involved in music and sound—is invited and welcome.”

• Members
If the moderators stopped posting:

10. Beck would declare himself Moderator Supreme, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Buff

9. Blue would verbally attack Beck, they would go at it hammers and tongs and the overall average post length for the entire site would soon break the internet

8. with no authority figures left to troll and irritate, the OJ would gradually turn into a forum for helping others do their homework

7. the Songwriter's Forum would see no change whatsoever

6. Phil would have time to mow the lawn (no more excuses!!)

5. Ras would ask "what is a guitar for?" and there would be no one who could answer that question

4. Dendy would start a new forum called What Would Mike Huckabee Do? and the first (and last) post would be Huckabee saying "Glad you asked that question!"

3. Craig would seriously consider taking up skywriting in order to keep providing us with his great tips and tricks

2. Mike Rivers would probably not notice that anything was different

1. Ken Lee would post one of his Joshua Tree photos and everywhere there would be peace and brotherhood for five minutes, just like there was when The Beatles performed All You Need Is Love on the first worldwide satellite broadcast.

nat whilk ii

10. And HC would bow to his whims.

9. Epic!

8. ...only to rapidly devolve into epic tirades and arguments over the implementation of Common Core.

7. Probably.

6. He'd simply start doing more product reviews, maybe digging into rare guitar pedals being made in Croatia or Laos.

5. Then he'd listen to "2112" and realize what a guitar is all about. However, this would bring about a deluge of new questions about individualism.

4. Then the thread would be shut down by Trump after he called everyone "sissies" and noted that the thread was not making any money.

3. After which Craig would invent a number of clever new devices to improve skywriting, eventually coming up with methods to skywrite without leaving the ground.

2. However, Mike Rivers would eventually mistakenly click on the epic threads that Blue and Beck had, and his dial-up modem would overheat, cutting him off from the Information Superhighway.

1. 7460kenlee-2015-07-07-2359_joshuatree-ryanranchtrail-lightpainting-20sf28iso4000-1000px.jpg

• Members

Yes, but you do live sound. Throwing rotten avocados at performers is becoming preferred over tomatoes because the big inner seed can cause more serious damage. We know this because avocadocentraldotcom asked us whether we had any articles on Top 10 Vegetables to Throw at Performers they could reprint. Sadly, we don't.

• CMS Author

I'd be happy to write an article.....heck, I'll make it a series....documenting the trials and tribulations of a sometimes-avocado-eating-nudist-live-sound dude. I'll title it, "Naked and Unpaid", and there'll be a section about fruits and veggies as weapons against talent, maybe even some gluten-free recipe suggestions for what's scraped off the stage floor..."Roadie Stew", if you will.....

• Members
Are you sure you have them turned on in your preferences? I checked with Chris' date=' and he said they should be working.[/quote']I only get notifications for topics I started - none for new posts to topics I responded to. Email notifications are "on" and all checked. I'm actually subscribed to three of the forums and never get notifications of new topics like I should either frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif .

For instance, I only saw your response because I went looking - no notification.

• Members

10. Beck would declare himself Moderator Supreme, Omnipotent, Omniscient and Buff

Yeah, probably... well wait, what? I thought I already was....

10. And HC would bow to his whims.

There aren't enough female members here for that to happen. As some of you may know (Who are my facebook friends) I thrive in an environment of estrogen. That's my comfort zone! :D

• CMS Author
I only get notifications for topics I started - none for new posts to topics I responded to. Email notifications are "on" and all checked. I'm actually subscribed to three of the forums and never get notifications of new topics like I should either frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif .

For instance, I only saw your response because I went looking - no notification.

Seems to vary by member, and by calendar or some other time-based factor. I get "like", "comment" and "reply" notifications, but many others seem to have your experience. I can state that my notifications are iffy...some days they're working, others, not so much.

• Members
Seems to vary by member, and by calendar or some other time-based factor. I get "like", "comment" and "reply" notifications, but many others seem to have your experience. I can state that my notifications are iffy...some days they're working, others, not so much.
Yah, for instance "double" subscribing to this topic still yields no email notifications. Too bad, this place is never going to be amongst the living without that fixed :( .

• Members
Seems like a good time to ask if we are ever going to have email notifications working again? IMO that's the #1 thing killing this place :( .

AMEN!

I`ve been meaning to bring this up for months…. I would visit this site more often if I knew people were actually responding to threads. Sometimes I start a thread (like this one) and completely forget to check it. Email notifications would be a beautiful thing.

• Members

Yeah, probably... well wait, what? I thought I already was....

There aren't enough female members here for that to happen. As some of you may know (Who are my facebook friends) I thrive in an environment of estrogen. That's my comfort zone! :D

I believe this means that you would get HC to attract the ladies.

• Members

AMEN!

I`ve been meaning to bring this up for months…. I would visit this site more often if I knew people were actually responding to threads. Sometimes I start a thread (like this one) and completely forget to check it. Email notifications would be a beautiful thing.

That's weird because I get email notifications when someone posts in a thread I started or when they comment on a post I made.

• Members

9. Blue would verbally attack Beck, they would go at it hammers and tongs and the overall average post length for the entire site would soon break the internet

8. with no authority figures left to troll and irritate, the OJ would gradually turn into a forum for helping others do their homework

7. the Songwriter's Forum would see no change whatsoever

6. Phil would have time to mow the lawn (no more excuses!!)

5. Ras would ask "what is a guitar for?" and there would be no one who could answer that question

4. Dendy would start a new forum called What Would Mike Huckabee Do? and the first (and last) post would be Huckabee saying "Glad you asked that question!"

3. Craig would seriously consider taking up skywriting in order to keep providing us with his great tips and tricks

2. Mike Rivers would probably not notice that anything was different

1. Ken Lee would post one of his Joshua Tree photos and everywhere there would be peace and brotherhood for five minutes, just like there was when The Beatles performed All You Need Is Love on the first worldwide satellite broadcast.

nat whilk ii

I changed some of my settings… so I got the email that you responded but there are other threads I subscribed to that I do not receive emails for.

• Members

I changed some of my settings… so I got the email that you responded but there are other threads I subscribed to that I do not receive emails for.

This is actually a feature, not a bug. Harmony Central accesses NSA data, your phone calls, TV viewing habits, and anything you buy at Whole Foods to build a profile of what kind of threads and responses you like. You've been posting here long enough that HC knows everything about you, so you're notified only if a thread or response has content which will interest you.

If you continue to post for one more year, you'll also be eligible to participate in the NSA Backup Cloud Storage service. As their promotional brochure says, "Did you erase that email by accident? Can't remember the name of that cool web site you visited? No worries! It's all backed up in the cloud. For $20 a month, you can subscribe to the NSA's Backup Cloud Storage service and retrieve any messages you've ever sent or received. Remember our slogan: 'Elephants may never forget, but they won't help you retrieve your data!'"

• Members

I believe this means that you would get HC to attract the ladies.

Most forums seem to be disproportionately male oriented, but I would do my best. By the way, I mentioned facebook, but I'm taking a little break from that for a while. So everyone who was my friend when I deactivated my account will still be my friend when I reactivate it, unless they unfriended me in the mean time.

On the other hand sometimes it's just nice for a change to hang out with the guys, so I'm torn on the issue of diversifying this place. ;)

Archived