which brand of super strat do you like best, jackson, charvel, ibanez, or kramer?

mbengs1

• Members

Ibanez does a great job with the RG series. For me that is the super strat. An RG550, Rg560 and rg770 are the tits.

lol. i agree. RG's are great guitars. theyre my main guitars.

i know there are lots and lots of super strat manufacturers. some other brands that come to mind are yamaha's, washburn, esp, schecter.

• Members
fetch?id=31525698

Might have gone a little too far but without seeing em it's hard to know :)

what kind of wood are those parker's made of. i like those. they changed it from the original design though.

• Members

what kind of wood are those parker's made of. i like those. they changed it from the original design though.

Basswood or Alder, I forget. But I'm not a 'tone is in the wood' person anyway. I've had enough electronics in college to know how the pickups work on magentic inductance and not on anything acoustic. But that's another thread.

I like the change of shape from the original design. It's more comfortable to play, and works with a hanging guitar stand now without the "Bullwinkle" attachment.

There is only one bad thing about the Parkers. I no longer have GAS and haven't had it for a few years now. I can look at other guitars, admire their beauty, but I have no desire to play them. And GAS used to be a fun part of being a guitarist ;)

Holding the Parker is like wearing an old, broken in pair of jeans, it's so easy to play, it's almost like I'm cheating. Plus between the P-Rails and Piezo, I have all the sounds I need. My other guitars never get played anymore and haven't even had their strings changed for years. I guess I should sell them.

I'm spoiled now.

Insights and incites by Notes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Going back to the 80's and 90's there were many great Yamaha Super Strats as well as many others. Don't forget Carvin too. In fact, HamerUSA made a few also, don't remember the models but they were great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived