Craiglist / eBay Ads I don't want to see...

Virgman

• Members
I love (hate) the ads that state "MUST SELL TODAY" but then in the next sentence "Price is FIRM".

Love the cheap guitar-amp "Starter Pack" bundles that are listed for the same or more than their selling price.

Idiots thinking their weird crap is valuable because it's "RARE!" People that re-list their crap over and over and over and over... Like the guy locally who's been trying to sell his SS Crate guitar amp since last summer. His price has dropped from $380 down to a $325, still about twice what's the amp's worth realistically.

People that want to trade, usually they want to trade their asian-made guitar for an american-made one. :confused:

The words "rare", "vintage", "lawsuit" or "boutique"....

Overpriced boutique amp heads... (Dr. Z, divided by 13, Bad Cat...)

Wow Mr. Grumpy, you've lived up to your name with this post. very-happy.png.197c47f720636f02390cc2b0a33804da.png' alt='smiley-veryhappy'>

• Members

I’d have to say, any ad that doesn’t include all the relevant/necessary information, and you’ve got to (if you want to know) ask.

On the other side of the coin as a seller, people who live 100 miles away asking if you’ll meet them half-way for a $45 item.

• Members
Beyond the guys selling Squiers under the Fender banner and Epiphones as Gibson, I really hate the guys that want to cop a hard ass pose in their ads. PRICE IS FIRM!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NO LOWBALLERS!!!!!

Generally overpriced crap too.

Add in the "ESP" which turns out to be an LTD.

• Members

"I don't know why this bugs me so much but when people are selling used items for more than I can buy new, it really gets to me."

This.

"Love the cheap guitar-amp "Starter Pack" bundles that are listed for the same or more than their selling price."

And this.

And then there was the guy who listed a 60's Kay HB guitar locally, looking to swap for a nice Tele. He was very up-front about how the Kay had a crack, and I said "not necessarily a deal breaker, but I need to see the guitar." Brings guitar over. I look at guitar: guitar is not simply cracked, but crackING, which means it is headed for a rupture in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, he fondles the MP Tele Plus I was thinking of trading.

"I'm sorry," I say, "I just don't think that guitar is going to survive it's problem."

"WHAT!?!?! WE HAD A DEAL!!!!!!"

Then grabs his guitar and slams door on way out. Later saw dude run ad again, only this time NO TRADES!!!!! and asking $100 (which, to be fair, is what the pups are sort of worth).

Oy.

• Members
"I don't know why this bugs me so much but when people are selling used items for more than I can buy new, it really gets to me."

This.

"Love the cheap guitar-amp "Starter Pack" bundles that are listed for the same or more than their selling price."

And this.

And then there was the guy who listed a 60's Kay HB guitar locally, looking to swap for a nice Tele. He was very up-front about how the Kay had a crack, and I said "not necessarily a deal breaker, but I need to see the guitar." Brings guitar over. I look at guitar: guitar is not simply cracked, but crackING, which means it is headed for a rupture in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, he fondles the MP Tele Plus I was thinking of trading.

"I'm sorry," I say, "I just don't think that guitar is going to survive it's problem."

"WHAT!?!?! WE HAD A DEAL!!!!!!"

Then grabs his guitar and slams door on way out. Later saw dude run ad again, only this time NO TRADES!!!!! and asking $100 (which, to be fair, is what the pups are sort of worth).

Oy.

Wow, you are a really tough negotiator. You said "No'. That's rough, man.

• Members

I HATE the words VINTAGE, RARE, & LAWSUIT, in CL adverts... Most of the time, vintage is the 90's. Not to me, I was there.

Rare, and there are 6 on CL, and 15 on feeBay? I don't think so.

Lawsuit........ this one drives me nuts. I did a search on feeBay for "lawsuit" Gibbys. found 50 of them. MAYBE 15 were actually from that time period, and out of those 15, perhaps 8 were actually lawsuit.

Add to the hated word list,,, POST LAWSUIT. Ummm, does this mean my Ibanez, made in china last week, can be sold for more money since, technically, it's post lawsuit? A ploy to drive up the prices of already overinflated Japanese guitars up..... don't get me started......

Archived