Talk About Anything But Donald Trump and Politics

bee3

• Members

My friend pays in the $125 range. Sounds good, really solid. His stuff is straightforward RAWK though, so I never heard if the guy could swing, and it certainly wasn't rough around the edges indie-style. (My favorite loops - Indie Rock loops by Loop Loft...super sweet.) But maybe you could order that ('hey don't play so perfect').. You could try that Tim guy in Nashville - Nashville guys can play anything...

Is that the guy Joe Gilder used?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I always preferred McCallan's to any of the Glens (except Glenmorangie), and Cardhu (which also makes Johnnie Walker).

If I was feeling especially feisty I'd take on a bit of Laphroaig.

Laphroaig is an amazing taste, but too much for a casual drink. I switch back and forth between Oban and Glenfiddich for my usual.

Although, come to think of it, I've been drinking mostly vodka these days - haven't had any Scotch in months.

• Members

Click here if you want to live vicariously through my feet.

Thanks for that - I'd forgotten what feet look like. I haven't seen my own feet for weeks now as they stay well wrapped in winter socks.

Not all of Oz is sub-tropical. The North, yes (think Florida) but for the South think New York State.

• Moderators

Yesterday I learned to paddle board. You know, like this? The interesting thing is how much core strength it takes to maintain stability. My first attempt, I looked around and plenty of people were standing, kids, really old guys, surfer types, so I stood. Wobbled left... right... LEFT... RIGHT! dunk! After 20 minutes I was up and cruising the lagoon. This morning it feels like 3 large men snuck into my room while I slept and took baseball bats to my midsection. Holy CRAP!

3683755006-paddle-board-lesson-and-rental.jpg

• Moderators
^I've always wanted to try that... but now that I know it's actual work, forget it.

On the other hand, my wife jumped right up and said, "What? What's the big deal. It's easy!!! Come on, Lee!!!" My wife is no longer among the living. I'm a good skier, runner, roller blading, biking. But this, it's not work, you just have to find that fine line between control and letting go. It doesn't feel like work either. Just the next morning. As they say, "Core exercise".

You should try it if you live near a body of water. It really is a full body activity but very gentle and mellow. I want one!!!! Ours were rentals.

• Members

On the other hand, my wife jumped right up and said, "What? What's the big deal. It's easy!!! Come on, Lee!!!" My wife is no longer among the living. I'm a good skier, runner, roller blading, biking. But this, it's not work, you just have to find that fine line between control and letting go. It doesn't feel like work either. Just the next morning. As they say, "Core exercise".

You should try it if you live near a body of water. It really is a full body activity but very gentle and mellow. I want one!!!! Ours were rentals.

Closest body of water is my backyard. My parents do have a 'shore house' as they call them here on the east coast. Ocean City, NJ.

• Members

That is just so... weird... but in a cool way (Ride On King Jesus...) It's like opera blues or something. I admire your piano playing. I can't play in that style at all... I'm helpless without the foot pedal.

Going Home is just beautiful.

• Members
That is just so... weird... but in a cool way (Ride On King Jesus...) It's like opera blues or something.

I know what you mean - it could have been bad but it holds together, has some integrity. What's funny is that Ride On seems to have been sung by every black opera singer (search YouTube), and some are way more stiff than my very white friend.

EDIT: And yeah, Going Home just kills me - it's hard to play with her singing I get so lost in it.

• Moderators

My 17 year old daughter saved her money and bought me, Lisa and herself tickets to a concert back on Father's Day. The show is tonight. That's 150 bucks worth of tickets. She's been working at In 'N Out Burgers and as a Veterinarian Intern all summer. That little chick's got balls.

The band, The Neighborhood, really isn't something I'm particularly interested in except... well, my kid bought me tickets to a show! Bought the family tickets to a show! And if I hate it I'll never tell. They are, as of tonight, the most awesome band in the world.

I'm getting misty!

Archived