New Korg SDD-3000.... (pedal)

HC News

Using the word "ignorance" is usually not met with kindness. I didn't break any rules, and you as an Admin shouldn't go around insulting your members.

That's all I have to say.

No, you didn't break any rules, and neither did I. I certainly didn't intend to insult you - I was just pointing out that you were speaking from ignorance.

You did come into a thread about a reissued delay, and state:

There's a reason I don't use rackmount gear and other overpriced effect related materials. They rarely have sounds that you cannot achieve with more affordable gear.

And I called you on it. It's an ignorant statement. Ignorant being defined as a lack of knowledge on a particular topic. Because if you knew what you were talking about on the subject, you'd know that there are a lot of sounds you can get from rack processors that are unavailable from pedals. You can get "reverb" from a variety of pedals. I've yet to hear one that approached the sound of a Bricasti M7 rack. I'm not saying racks are better, or pedals are useless; each has its place, but dismissing an entire category of equipment in the manner that you did shows a lack of understanding about what various equipment is capable of. In other words, as I originally said, with all due respect, your ignorance is showing.

Now I'll be happy to retract my comment if you can show us how you can get the sound of a SDD-3000 with more affordable gear... but you probably won't be able to - the reason you see so much interest in this particular pedal version of the rack unit is that it has a very distinctive and in-demand sound that you can't really get from other delay pedals, and the original rack units have been discontinued for years.

You're certainly entitled to your POV - even if it's wrong. But don't be surprised when you get called on it when you throw it out there in the company of people who know a bit more about the subject than you do. Now you can be offended by that - and again, that was not my intention - but people on this forum don't often let ignorance and incorrect statements go unchallenged, so if you toss it out and you're wrong, don't get upset if someone says something or challenges you on it. Instead of getting upset, consider it a chance to debate the issue (and prove / convince the other party of the wisdom of your position or POV), or consider it a learning opportunity.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There are several new demos up on Youtube, including one by ProGuitarShop.com. I got mine several days ago, but haven't really had time to do a lot with it yet. But it sounds really nice. I don't have a rack SDD-3000 to compare it to, but sounds pretty good to my ears.

Archived