Kid Charlemagne

maplebaby

• Members

We've picked five incredible Steely Dan songs and tried to capture the grooves, chord structures, instrumentation & the creative genius in the writing and playing. Please welcome our friends Tom, Jim, Kenny, Dan, Tyler, Kevin, Jessica, Liz and Amanda to the Lab! Thanks for listening - LLB

Check us out at http://www.lexingtonlabband.com & follow us on twitter @lex_lab_band.

• Members

AJ6stringsting - i love fan, fan from 6! They are such an amazing team, B & F, and i was introduced to so many players through just buying the albums and reading the notes - sincerely appreciate you checking this out!

DeepEnd - hello sir - hope all is good these days and thanks for listening to something that was unfamiliar!

your friend,

dale

• Members
Very nice. I must ask however... I think I hear the bass key part in there, but don't see it. My imagination, or was there some post production?
I can jump in and answer your question. I am the bass player in this video and oversee the audio production. You might be referring to the clavinet part which we did add in post. Rob (keys) laid down the Rhodes live and then added the clav in his studio.

• Members
I can jump in and answer your question. I am the bass player in this video and oversee the audio production. You might be referring to the clavinet part which we did add in post. Rob (keys) laid down the Rhodes live and then added the clav in his studio.

Thanks for the reply, yea - that's what I was referring to. The song would not be complete without that part in there. I get that Rob didn't have quite enough hands to be able to do both that and piano live... :)

Archived