Well, Harmony Central Strikes Again!

FretFiend.

• Members

The sad part is we probably don't have the right to bitch and complain. We don't own the site, nor the equipment.

But if you had to write a book on how to kill a successful forum, look no further than this place.

I heard initially they didn't want to up grade servers, bought in the the Jive thing, then bought into Lithium, now we are back with Vbulletin. Probably with severer upgrades.

2014 is where HC was in 2010.

Build it and they will come back, maybe not.

Ever wonder why MF/GC is 2 billion in the hole?

The last time I called the GC to try to get an amp, they told me they didn't have it, but could get in in 5 days. I told them I could have it at my house in 3 days, tax free to boot. I know they can't carry everything, but.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to post here all the time, but got run off after the various kerfuffles (post a lot to Mark Wein's forum these days). I like the new design, but agree that actually posting comments takes an insanely long time. If that gets fixed, I'll probably be spending more time here and on HCEG (never posted to open jam, maps, or any of the other insane asylums on HC....)

• Members
Look on the bright side. I lost about 6,000 posts. That's a good deal. Do you have any idea how long it would have taken me to delete 6,000 posts one-at-a-time? Now I don't have to. My daily count is down. It's a swell deal for everyone concerned IMO.

I lost around 24k for my post count but I feel the same way pretty much. A "reset" isn't such a bad thing in this case. ;)

• Members

I got into and then got over Facebook, which was cool. We traveled a lot last year, so I wasn't posting much of anywhere. Just in the last couple of weeks I've started playing again, so the resurrection of HCAG could be fortuitously timed. Hopefully I can avoid re-injuring my hands this time.

• Members

I was playing a lot of two and three hour gigs on mandolin and developed a huge bible bump on my right thumb. It took about a year to get back to where I could play for more than 15 minutes without ice and Advil. There's also an old tendon pulley problem on my left index finger that I'm having to baby back into playing condition. So this works great. Play a little, post a little, play a little more...

• Members

Post something to VOM you mook! ;)

I got into and then got over Facebook, which was cool. We traveled a lot last year, so I wasn't posting much of anywhere. Just in the last couple of weeks I've started playing again, so the resurrection of HCAG could be fortuitously timed. Hopefully I can avoid re-injuring my hands this time.

Has anyone figured out Multi-quotes yet?

Hit the quote button on all the posts you want to quote. Selected item will have an orange font. Then go to the top of the page under the tabs and hit "post reply" You'll notice it tells you how many quotes you're including.

Archived