HC KSS Synth Demos

clusterchord

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Awake77

Some more K5000S demos I found on the web:

I think you made a mistake. Both those demos are the same link. Perhaps you can edit your post and correct that.

The one that I can hear sounds pretty good, assuming it's 100% K5000S. I'm hearing a shakuhachi and other flute that sound like samples though. Can't remember if the K5000S has PCM attack samples or not. If not, I'm suspicious that it's all K5000S.

-Elhardt

• Members

My bad man sorry about that. Try it again its working now. I believe the K5000S does have PCM attack samples. It doesnt have full PCM samples, although the K5000W does.

The K5000S can make some pretty cool sounds in addition to the evolving pads and alien noises everyone associates it with...no doubt it could even give some good VA's a run for their money if you took the time (and calculus course:)) to program it.

Im just getting into mine, and I can tell you this one is never leaving my possesion!

Awake77

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

001.jpg

Roland Super JD-990

Here is a short demo that i made. I programmed all the sounds and the drumset for this track. It is very short 1:33 min, and shows some of JD's features: specific resonant filter that no other Roland synth haves (except JD-800), then it demonstrates 990's unique (to JD-800) sync function, famous string sound, and resonant pad at the end of the track.

JD-990 Demo

• Members
Originally posted by BillyWa

Mr Solaris, most excellent track! Do you have more tracks of your work available? Great stuff!

:o
Well, it's just a demo track. It took less than 15 minutes to write and record that. I can make dozen of such tracks, but i feel embarrassing doing that kind of music (as i don't listen to this kind of stuff since '95 - got tired of it, and shifted to ambient).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Superb sounds, Don Solaris!
There are many incredibly deep pads and morphing sounds, and I'm especially interested in the wavetable-like sounds like the first segment of the demo 2, etc. I wonder how you can create these sounds with JD-990.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

D-50_02.jpg

Roland D-50 demo

I use it with PG-1000. First about synth. This synth is really a true classic, just like the JD. Last night i noticed this thing can get very near to the famous JX-3P string sound. But thats not all. When filter fully open (that is, using envelope too push it even more up the frequency) you get sound similar to JD. Another thing i found out is that this synth features Vector synthesis - they just complicated it a little bit. You can sweep between upper and lower part, and you can sweep between two partials. Problem is, when sweeping between partials, you must select either upper or lower part - as a result you got vectoring between 3 tones, instead of 4. Well, not bad. Here is a collection of sounds that i programmed in the last few days:

D-50 demo

Enjoy!

• Members

Amazing, Don Solaris! Your demos make me think that I knew nothing about D-50, though I have it for years.
The demo reminds me of your KORG DELTA demo. Though they are quite different machine - analog and digital - the most important thing is the playing style and the originality of sound creation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

here's a few A6 pad/string sounds. some custom, some tweaked preset. only onboard (wedge) reverb - imo, it works great for this type of sounds. i'm thinking of getting another Wedge to hard wire to XT..

BerlinPad - bandpass (SEM is HP, moog is LP)

MeltsInYourMouth - classic obie, a la ECM era Lyle Mays (4-voice)

NotchPWMPad

VintageStrgs

2479_m.jpg

@Solaris: great job on D-50. u really squezzed stuff out of it i never suspected possible. ambient demo for JD990, also very nice. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by clusterchord

@Solaris: great job on D-50. u really squezzed stuff out of it i never suspected possible.

I had it for only 3 days when i did the demo. I just "scratched the surface" of its rich sound palette. This synth can do much more. Wish i could have more time....

Thanks for A6 demos. I was always wondering how it sounds. My favourite tune in demo is VintageStrgs.

You got the PG-1000 I assume? If not, it's kind of a PITA to program... I remember spending many nights navigating through menus when I didn't have the PG-1000 yet...

I am using PG-1000 all the time!

Archived