HC KSS Synth Demos

clusterchord

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ambient demo is really fantastic! Interesting to note, that even in ambient tracks, the JP-6 can't hide its aggressive sound, just as MKS-80 can't. I guess it must be something with gain stage. Damnit.... i think i'm picking the JP-6 up. I hope it will be worth the $$$$.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi,

The following is some examples of sounds from a Synthesizer.com modular, along with some other vintage keys thrown in.

First, a dotcom sequence. The sequenced part was performed using twelve Oscillators, the Q150 Ladder Filter and other assorted modules, processed through Lexicon effects for delays. The next sound is actually a Hohner Clavinet D6 which was recorded and put through the dotcom to change its sound completely. The "choir" is eight tracks of Mellotron M400. The other sounds are From Reason 3 using the NN-19 samplers and the Orkester library. The drums are custom samples played via Reason and NN-19's and the bassline is Yamaha CS-80 (overkill?). This was originally recorded for a Discovery Channel program which never aired.

audio.jpg

A little adaptation of some Bach. Here is the dotcom using two MOTM 485 GX-1 filter modules played through Motion Sound KP-200s, SL-200 and SW-15 and mic'ed at distance. It appears mostly on the right side of the mix. The other instruments are a Hubbard Harpsichord, a Hammond C3 (1957) with a Leslie 122, and real drums. Recorded multitrack in ProTools with three U-47's in an MS configuration using Neve pre-amps. The mic's were left in the same position for each track and recorded in a church. The Harpsichord was recorded using two Audix SCX25 condensers. The bass track was recorded with a Yamaha CS-80 later in my studio. This track is mixed without the ambient mics (414's).

audio.jpg

Again the Synthesizers.com setup for stereo using 12 oscillators split between the two "voices" on a Moog 952a duophonic controller (CV). The controller was set with the "glide" controls of each "voice" slightly off from each other, and the "scaling" of each voice slightly detuned. It's what gives the grinding sound. Each voice is sent through it's own Q150 Ladder Filter set at 24db. Also there is an ARP (Solina) SE-IV String ensemble and a Yamaha CS-80 making the weird little sound with the low-end thump in the background. No effects other than a little verb.

audio.jpg

Nice thread BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Hi,

The following is some examples of sounds from a Synthesizer.com modular, along with some other vintage keys thrown in.

First, a dotcom sequence. The sequenced part was performed using twelve Oscillators, the Q150 Ladder Filter and other assorted modules, processed through Lexicon effects for delays. The next sound is actually a Hohner Clavinet D6 which was recorded and put through the dotcom to change its sound completely. The "choir" is eight tracks of Mellotron M400. The other sounds are From Reason 3 using the NN-19 samplers and the Orkester library. The drums are custom samples played via Reason and NN-19's and the bassline is Yamaha CS-80 (overkill?). This was originally recorded for a Discovery Channel program which never aired.

audio.jpg

A little adaptation of some Bach. Here is the dotcom using two MOTM 485 GX-1 filter modules played through Motion Sound KP-200s, SL-200 and SW-15 and mic'ed at distance. It appears mostly on the right side of the mix. The other instruments are a Hubbard Harpsichord, a Hammond C3 (1957) with a Leslie 122, and real drums. Recorded multitrack in ProTools with three U-47's in an MS configuration using Neve pre-amps. The mic's were left in the same position for each track and recorded in a church. The Harpsichord was recorded using two Audix SCX25 condensers. The bass track was recorded with a Yamaha CS-80 later in my studio. This track is mixed without the ambient mics (414's).

audio.jpg

Again the Synthesizers.com setup for stereo using 12 oscillators split between the two "voices" on a Moog 952a duophonic controller (CV). The controller was set with the "glide" controls of each "voice" slightly off from each other, and the "scaling" of each voice slightly detuned. It's what gives the
grinding
sound. Each voice is sent through it's own Q150 Ladder Filter set at 24db. Also there is an ARP (Solina) SE-IV String ensemble and a Yamaha CS-80 making the weird little sound with the low-end thump in the background. No effects other than a little verb.

audio.jpg

Nice thread BTW.

Very nice, John :wave:

I especially liked the Bach piece with harpsichord.
It reminds me of Wakeman when he isn't doing the "drunken bear on the carousel" music.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Pulse Plus only....

I dig your track. Very good production too.

Which rev. eprom you have in Pulse Plus? I've heard rumors that latest OS version makes Pulse sounding more "fat". A friend (this Relis guy, from 6 posts above) compared two Pulses - to find out they sound different. OS version was different too. Maybe it is a Coincidence.

He then sold me the "thinner" one. :mad::lol::cop:

• Members

Yes, I thought I was imagening during the comparison of my present and sold Pulse plus, so I switched the cables and was listening more carefully.
But the impression remains the same: my current Pulse (OS 2.01), in my oppinion, sounds somehow different, warmer. The difference was clearly noticable.
I really don't know what causes this.

• Members

I will make a test - prior and after the eprom update. Although my soundcard is {censored} (emu 1212m) that terribly cuts the low end. And i assume main difference is in the low frequency content i.e. more bass. So the real question will be - how objective these tests will be, when something is missing before it is being sampled, thanks to cheap converters. Can't wait to sell this Creative emu 1212 crap away....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OrionNebula.jpg

NI Absynth 3 demos

These are my custom patches made from scratch. Also, no samples here - just a raw synthesis engine from Absynth with some programming straight into your ears:

BTW, sorry for no chords or too few notes. I actually played this with a mouse. Keyboard MIDI controller is disconnected as i need the desk for some repair work...

THE SPACE IMAGE: I thought it would be appropriate to describe how Absynth sounds like. A friend took this photo two days ago, so i stole it from him. The image perfectly matches the atmospheres this engine creates.

• Members

Archived