The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Hi-Ho Tubular

Intresting thread, you peeps are giving me bad gas for one now. So the DD-20 only has one CTL input: is that just for the tap tempo or can you use an expression pedal in that input?

Just wondering if the tap tempo can be set remotely if there is a expression pedal in the CTL. As well if you have an expression pedal hooked up, I'm assuming you can control stuff like the DELAY TIME Knob, E.LEVEL Knob, F. BACK Knob, TONE Knob? As I'd like to do some lo-fi FX utilizing those controls.

You can turn it Off and On, Tap Tempo, or select Presets from the CTL pedal jack.

dd20.jpg

• Members

i just figured out how to use delay while using the SOS looping function! while it is limited you can do it. tweek in a delay that you like and write it in #1. now in manual mode select the SOS function and sample your loop. hold down the right pedal until it goes to #1, the loop you have should still be playing and you can use a delay from the DD 20 to play as well. i hope that helps. please let me know if this works for you.

• Members

Originally posted by JETKING

i just figured out how to use delay while using the SOS looping function! while it is limited you can do it. tweek in a delay that you like and write it in #1. now in manual mode select the SOS function and sample your loop. hold down the right pedal until it goes to #1, the loop you have should still be playing and you can use a delay from the DD 20 to play as well. i hope that helps. please let me know if this works for you.

Works for me. I use it like that all the time when I'm practicing. I keep my pedal set up in maunal mode for the SOS function. Then once the loop get's going, I hit the right pedal which brings me to bank #1 with that delay. You can also switch that delay on and off with the left pedal without stopping the loop.

• Members

genius.

but you don't need to hold down until it goes #1. just switch banks as usual.

that i just found out one flaw of the dd20..if you switch more than two banks, the delay WILL cut off. that marketed "seamless delay change" doesn't work 100%

• Members

Anybody else have trouble getting their foot to tap in tempo? If I set a metronome to 112BPM, and try to tap in two taps, I get anywhere from 105 to 120 BPM. If I tap four or more times, I usually can get within 1 BPM. I had two drummers try it, and they had the same problem. Anybody else experience this, or have advise on how to tap better?

• Members

Originally posted by cusackmusic

Anybody else have trouble getting their foot to tap in tempo? If I set a metronome to 112BPM, and try to tap in two taps, I get anywhere from 105 to 120 BPM. If I tap four or more times, I usually can get within 1 BPM. I had two drummers try it, and they had the same problem. Anybody else experience this, or have advise on how to tap better?

do you use an external tap tempo, if not then try that

• Members

I don't know if this relates or not, but the coolest way to use it as a looper is with an external tap tempo pedal. Set the live delay to 23 sec. then set the first memory to 23 sec. (or whatever).

Use the external pedal to start and stop the loops, you can then hit the right pedal and switch between loops.

• Members

Originally posted by Blungo

I don't know if this relates or not, but the coolest way to use it as a looper is with an external tap tempo pedal. Set the live delay to 23 sec. then set the first memory to 23 sec. (or whatever).

Use the external pedal to start and stop the loops, you can then hit the right pedal and switch between loops.

wow...i totally didn't understand that

that means you are able to start and stop the loop like the dl4 with this method? i don't get

• Members

I had a very trippy reverse setting I was using -- like at 530 ms, with elevel all the way up... cool for imitating satanic baskmasking but not much else.

so, found one i think i like better.

Its a reverse with a very short tail, sort of like a slapback[masking].

E Level: 4:30
FBack: 8:00
Tone: 1:00
Mode: Reverse
Delay time: 300 ms

See what you think!

It seems to add an interesting dimension to single note solos and such.

• Members

Originally posted by hide

wow...i totally didn't understand that

that means you are able to start and stop the loop like the dl4 with this method? i don't get

Exactly. except you have two simultaneous loops to switch between.

• Members

{censored}, am i the only person still not comprehending this?

It's probably my crappy explanation.:(

First, consider that with the DD-20 you can switch from "live" delay to a preset by hitting the right footswitch. I forget how you set it that way, but the right pedal just toggles between "live" and the first preset. (Or am i imagining that? Mines not set that way now, and i can't remember...)

Next, consider that when the DD-20 is set to a long delay, the external tap tempo pedal has the effect of starting and stopping a loop.

Now, imagine that the "live" setting and the first preset are both set to long delay times, thus the external tap tempo switch can stop or start either loop.
You then have the possibility of running two loops at once (different settings, maybe one is reversed) that you can stop and start with the external tap tempo pedal. You switch between loops by hitting the right footswitch.

I still can't tell if this makes sense or not, but anyhow it works. You should try it.
BTW, when used this way, it's really hard to turn off the loops. I put the DD-20 into a TBP loop when i use it that way. Hmmm, this is sounding confusing again

Anyhow, i hope this clears it up at least a little.

• Members

Originally posted by Hi-Ho Tubular

Do any of you use the phones output jack?

I was just about to ask this...how do you use the phones output jack? I can't seem to get any sound through mine.

By the way...Ivor's reverse delay setting is sweet.

Finally, is there going to be any disadvantage with me using a crappy external footswitch instead of shelling out more money for the Boss pedal? Or is it worth it? Thanks!

-SD

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

It's probably my crappy explanation.
:(

First, consider that with the DD-20 you can switch from "live" delay to a preset by hitting the right footswitch. I forget how you set it that way, but the right pedal just toggles between "live" and the first preset. (Or am i imagining that? Mines not set that way now, and i can't remember...)

Next, consider that when the DD-20 is set to a long delay, the external tap tempo pedal has the effect of starting and stopping a loop.

Now, imagine that the "live" setting and the first preset are both set to long delay times, thus the external tap tempo switch can stop or start either loop.

You then have the possibility of running two loops at once (different settings, maybe one is reversed) that you can stop and start with the external tap tempo pedal. You switch between loops by hitting the right footswitch.

I still can't tell if this makes sense or not, but anyhow it works. You should try it.

BTW, when used this way, it's really hard to turn off the loops. I put the DD-20 into a TBP loop when i use it that way. Hmmm, this is sounding confusing again

Anyhow, i hope this clears it up at least a little.

okie, i think i caught the ball
some points to clear up on what you said
1. With an external switch, you can switch from manual to bank 1, then bank 1 back to manual?
2. Doesn't the loop stop when you switch from bank1 back to manual?

• Members

Originally posted by Ivor The Engine Driver

I had a very trippy reverse setting I was using -- like at 530 ms, with elevel all the way up... cool for imitating satanic baskmasking but not much else.

so, found one i think i like better.

Its a reverse with a very short tail, sort of like a slapback[masking].

E Level: 4:30

FBack: 8:00

Tone: 1:00

Mode: Reverse

Delay time: 300 ms

See what you think!

It seems to add an interesting dimension to single note solos and such.

this setting is great!

add distortion, strum a power chord and hear the note ring....awesome stuff

• Members

Hey,

Is there a way to turn the Blue Tempo light on and off? If it isnt needed? Just wondering.

I love this delay. Well worth the money. I like how easy it is to adjust. Last night at a gig I had to tweak all my settings for a warhouse sized gig. The room was huge. Everything get washy fast in huge buildings.

• Members

okie, i think i caught the ball

some points to clear up on what you said

1. With an external switch, you can switch from manual to bank 1, then bank 1 back to manual?

2. Doesn't the loop stop when you switch from bank1 back to manual?

No. The external switch functions as either a tap tempo or and external switch. Remember we're using it as tap tempo which has the effect of start/stopping the loop, not switching banks.

No again, the loop "carries over" to the next bank until you play over it. Hard to explain, you just have to try it.

• Members
Originally posted by cqc6

Is there a way to turn the Blue Tempo light on and off? If it isnt needed? Just wondering.

its not in the manual (but i always do miss things in the manual)
why do you wanna turn it off? i find the blue light is kinda kewl, i like it...and it attracts my gal...lol :o

Archived