The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Suggestion to StrangeDay:

As the thread's author and first poster, do you mind editing your first post to cut and paste any settings that get posted in the thread? that way, all of the settings are contained in the very first post - right at the beginning and lazy people like me do not have to hunt thru the discussion to find them.

Just an idea to make a great thread even greater!

• Members
Originally posted by Teahead

Very cool stuff...
:cool:

If only I could programme our drummer so tight!
:(

Kewl glad you dug it!
Yeah...Digital Dan {my drummer} really keeps good time, doesn't drink ANY of my beer, I can shut him up with one finger {try that with a real drummer} but he is a bit repetitive but that's actually a pretty kewl feature....in fact one time I left for the weekend and left him on by mistake, well I'll be dipped if he wasn't right there in the pocket kicking the same freaking beat he was friday night when I got home on sunday :cool:

• Members

Has anybody tried going direct to a mixer with the DD-20? I'm thinking that maybe during a show, my amp craps out, I can run through the DD-20 into a mixing board? Maybe use an overdrive in front of it to get more cranked amp sound. Anybody know anything about that?

• Members
Originally posted by 89strat

Has anybody tried going direct to a mixer with the DD-20? I'm thinking that maybe during a show, my amp craps out, I can run through the DD-20 into a mixing board? Maybe use an overdrive in front of it to get more cranked amp sound. Anybody know anything about that?

As long as you play ABSOLUTELY CLEAN you can pull it off, as soon as you add an OD, it will sound like complete shiznit :(

• Members
Originally posted by hide

nice clip

what do ya mean by "Checking out the DD20's BPM settings"?

If you hold down the Tap button the display will change from MS to BPM [tempo], in my case the drum machine in the clip was at a tempo of 110 so I set the DD20's display to BPM and put it on 110 too. CAKE :D

Its covered on page 27 in the manual

• Members

Hello all,

I've got a bit of a problem, I just changed my DD20 from the effects loop and now its noisy and distorted. I changed the sound output setting to no avail.

My setup is as follows.... GK 2100 head- MXR 10 band eq in the effects loop, DD20-MXR Phase90-Weeping Demon Wah.

The DD 20 was fine in the effects loop but when I changed it to the eq the DD20 went noisy on me. I even bypassed the all the other stuff and went straight to the amp same thing noisy.

What I mean is its quiet when not playing, but when I play it just distorts like crazy.

The eq was not really effective in the chain, but in the effects loop {censored} its awesome, so I don't want to change it back.

Any advice??

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

If you hold down the Tap button the display will change from MS to BPM [tempo], in my case the drum machine in the clip was at a tempo of 110 so I set the DD20's display to BPM and put it on 110 too. CAKE
:D

Its covered on page 27 in the manual

oh damn....i didn't know about that
but i'm dumb anyways
i just straighten it out to know how to use tap tempo :rolleyes::D

• Members

Intresting thread, you peeps are giving me bad gas for one now. So the DD-20 only has one CTL input: is that just for the tap tempo or can you use an expression pedal in that input?

Just wondering if the tap tempo can be set remotely if there is a expression pedal in the CTL. As well if you have an expression pedal hooked up, I'm assuming you can control stuff like the DELAY TIME Knob, E.LEVEL Knob, F. BACK Knob, TONE Knob? As I'd like to do some lo-fi FX utilizing those controls.

Archived