The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Members

Originally posted by iwantpedals

this doesn't seem very new at all.

you can do that on any delay with reverse. on the dl4 you can loop it, play it back reverse... i could play chords forwards, have a reverse part going, and solo over it.... i can mess with the speed, have delay going at the same time without having to do anything to it.... blah blah blah.

aye. it's not new to me either. i've been doing it for a while too.

but it had occurred to me that no-one mentions this function. many claim that the DD20 is limited as a looper but it's got a lot going on. and the time display make it precise and the quarter note/whole note/ etc. function means your 2nd looped layer can be longer than the 1st.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just joined the DD-20 Club! Got mine last night.

Very very cool. I've gotta figure out how to time the SoS deal...had a hard time with that last night. Guess I gotta read the manual on this one.

Tonight is the time to A/B and try to create a few "Deluxe Memory Man" patches. I'll post them later!

Dave

• Members

Originally posted by papamaverick

Very very cool. I've gotta figure out how to time the SoS deal...had a hard time with that last night. Guess I gotta read the manual on this one.

it's more of a thing that you just gotta get used to it. i think tempo pedals should be carling-style so that you can feel the CLICK for precision timing. more and more i've been using the delays set to maxed feedback for looping rather than SOS for this very reason.

• Members

I did a pretty cool A/B last night between my Deluxe Memory Man and the DD-20. The DD-20 is much cleaner, even on its "dirtier" settings (tape, analog, etc). But the weird thing is, there's not a particularly strong difference in the delays themselves.

The Memory Man has this very cool character that when you turn it on, it slightly filters your original signal. It softens the initial pick attack, creating a much warmer feel. The DD-20 doesn't do this - heck i'm not even sure all the versions of the Memory Man do this.

As far as modulation and high-end decay, the DD-20 does a very good impersonation. It's a little bit harder to get crazy with the DD-20, though (minus the reverse, warp, and twist settings).

I can't afford to keep both...so I'm going to stick with the DD-20. Bought my $10 radioshack piano pedal last night, thanks for that suggestion way back in the thread.

Peace

• Members

I just got my DD-20 and I have a question about external pedals. I have a latch type switch which doesn't work for tap tempo unless I wanted to tap eigth notes. So the only thing I can do with it is use it to turn the pedal on and off.

Is this really useful because the left footswitch is always set to this as far as I can tell. How can I change what the left footswitch does?

• Members

I just put velcro over the back of mine so I can't tell ya...but underneath the velco there was a short guide to settings.

That and the manual covers switching functions also. I'd tell ya how but I just stuck with the basic Left = On/Off, Right = Preset Switch, Ext = tap.

You can also change the tap note value - I find it's most intuitive set to quarter notes but you can choose whole, half, dotted quarter, quarter, dotted eighth, eighth, triplet eighth, etc. I did that but forgot how, it's also in the manual.

Hope that helps

• Members

Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

I just got my DD-20 and I have a question about external pedals. I have a latch type switch which doesn't work for tap tempo unless I wanted to tap eigth notes. So the only thing I can do with it is use it to turn the pedal on and off.

Is this really useful because the left footswitch is always set to this as far as I can tell. How can I change what the left footswitch does?

no. get a momentary switch. you can tap tempo without having to hold down the right pedal for 3 secs, etc. johnson makes em--$10 on ebay.

• Members

Alright, I''ve had several delay pedals in the past, but have never used tap tempo. Should I just leave it on 'quarter notes'? Am I trying to get the timing down to to the bass drum or what. How many times should I be tapping the pedal? Please help! Btw, this thing is {censored}ing awesome!

• Members

Originally posted by Busta

Alright, I''ve had several delay pedals in the past, but have never used tap tempo. Should I just leave it on 'quarter notes'? Am I trying to get the timing down to to the bass drum or what. How many times should I be tapping the pedal? Please help! Btw, this thing is {censored}ing awesome!

yessir.

to get into tap mode: hold down right pedal 3 secs. LED will change. tap once for the start of the delay time, and a second to define the end of the delay time. you can do it w/ triplets, whole notes, etc. but for starters do it w/ quarter notes till you get the hang of it.

• Members

I bought the tap tempo pedal from Radio Shack. I just don't understand quarter notes, triplets, etc. I guess I just have to get use to adjusting with my foot instead of my hand.
:D

Do you have the manual? There is a page in the manual that shows where each note will sound relative to the each beat.

• Members

Maybe this will help. If you are playing a standard non-tap tempo delay pedal, are you playing quarter notes? Am I way off here? I know what sounds right when I'm playing with a drummer, and need to adjust the delay time. Maybe I just need to mess with it some more.

• Members

Maybe this will help. If you are playing a standard non-tap tempo delay pedal, are you playing quarter notes?

usually, not always.

in 4/4 (1234 1234) the 1,2,3, and 4 are the quarters. that function on the dd20 has to do more w/ music theory than the function of most delays work.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

usually, not always. depends on how you set it and what you're playing, yr tempo, etc.

in 4/4 (1234 1234) the 1,2,3, and 4 are the quarters. that function on the dd20 has to do more w/ music theory than the function of most delays work.

Archived