The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Members
Originally posted by Six Degrees

The DD-20 is one nice pedal...I find myself spending hours just noodling around with the modulate delay setting in my room. I haven't gigged with it yet, though; any suggestions on how to maximize its potential? Cheers.

-SD

Not sure what you mean/how you maximize its potential, but I love it live.
I leave the manual setting on your "standard" digital delay sound, at about 600 ms...but I do give it a slight tone roll off.. I leave it on the same settings all the time, so it is pretty much my 5th preset

and my real presets go a little something like this

1. Tape echo (two head) ~ 500-550 ms
2. Modulate Delay ~350 ms (rate 30-40 depth 80-90)
3. Analog Mode ~ 275 ms (with a big tone roll off)
4. Analog Mode --> slapback style.. I forget the time on this one

I spend most of my time on manual, #1, and #2. I use #3 once in a while live, but I have no use for #4 in my band..yet

I also have a DM-2 on my board but I'm not sure why, I never use it anymore.... I'm just too scared to take it off..like it will be admitting defeat by the DD-20 or something..damn you DD-20
:mad:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wait.. you mean you cant tweak time like a real analogue tape delay without digital glitching?? :(

the most popular music of what im talking about is that effect in fatboy slims funk soul brother. im not even talking about the self oscillation so much.

just where it speeds up in time AND pitch. and then you throw the knob back the other way and everything explodes into a farty flubbering mess.

• Members
Originally posted by justing

I also have a DM-2 on my board but I'm not sure why, I never use it anymore.... I'm just too scared to take it off..like it will be admitting defeat by the DD-20 or something..damn you DD-20

:mad:

My DM-2 lasted less than a week before I decided to keep the DD-20 and throw the DM-2 up on Ebay. This was a few months ago. Still haven't regretted it at all.

I keep the manual setting on the looper and set bank (1) with the smooth at 360. This way for fooling around at home, I put in a loop, then switch to bank one to use that delay setting for a very Eric Johnson like delay with my rig.

Bank 2 - I have set as a tape delay at 300 with the level as wet as possible for some heavy echo's ala Eddie Van Halen's Cathedral or Edge type echo's.

Bank 3 - is set on analog at 340 with the tone rolled off a little bit. I ab'd this setting back and forth with my DM-2 till I got to sound just like it. I set the level just wet enough to give my more bluesy leads a little more......well a little more and also great on a couple of Foo Fighters stuff we do.

Bank 4 - This will be set up first thing in the morning with the dual delay setup mentioned before.

• Members

clips!

I really liked that reverse setting. mind sharing what your settings were for those 3 clips. the last one seemed very bpm motivated. I've been trying to get my delays to last only an exact certain amount of times, but haven't gotten it exact yet

• Members

Originally posted by StrykeBack

I really liked that reverse setting. mind sharing what your settings were for those 3 clips. the last one seemed very bpm motivated. I've been trying to get my delays to last only an exact certain amount of times, but haven't gotten it exact yet

ring mod = level maxed, feedback off, tone 12 o clock, time 20 ms

reverse=level maxed feedback around 12 o clock same with tone. 517 ms.

diablo theme=modulated delay, level maxed, feedback somewhere after 12 o clock, tone prolly 11 o clock, rate 36 depth 100.

• Members

Hey All,

I just got mine!

Pretty cool. havent messed with it much but it sounds great in the loop of my Engl. The Engl has a dial where you can adjust how much signal there is in the loop. Sounds great.

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

Should I be using it at +4 or -20 in the loop. Havent tried it yet. just wondering. Things great/has a ton of options.

what sounds good to your ears. I use +4 in front of my amp.

• Members

This is something I made monday.. It's my own self-build bc rich bich replica (SD JeffBeck->bridge; SD Jazz->neck; sunburst honey-tobacco; I can switch the humbuckers to singlecoil and back separately and put them also in paralel, which kills a lot of noise + makes it sound a little like a tele...)
For this sample I had it set on the JB, vol10 (humb) & Jazz, vol3.5 (sc)..
I plugged it in my Fulldrive 2->DD-20 and straight into Pro Tools... (dry-left; fx-right)
(It's in the works to become a song...)

First clip

2nd Clip

I used the tape setting w/ 2 heads, feedback 2 o'clock, level 1 o'clock.

Archived