The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Members

Originally posted by gvink

What do you mean here, SteveR? Is the expr pedal input for tap tempo?? I was hoping you could plug an expression pedal in it and use it for feedback/level/something else..
:(

GV

there is an input for tap tempo.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is a really great setting originally posted by dethink on 2/2/05. This setting also sounds great clean and with humbuckers.

Originally posted by dethink

i was playing around with my new DD-20 last night, and stumbled on the greatest shoegaze fuzz sound with the least number of pedals and without the need of studio magic.

1) get a guitar with single coils if you don't already have one.

2) feed a RAT into an amp on the verge of breakup, and set the distortion between 12:00 and 2:00 to suit your tastes.

3) stick a DD-20 in between the amp and the RAT, and make a preset with the following:

- delay model on "modulate"

- effect level at 100%

- feedback at 3:00

- tone at 12:00

- delay set to 330ms

- depth set to 100%

- resonance set to 80%

and start from there. i tried turning the delay time back a bit so there's not so much trail off when you stop playing, but the combination of the high feedback and delay time masks the modulation so you have that bit of swirl and slight pitch-bending buried a bit in the mix...otherwise, it sounds like you have a jacked up chorus pedal on in the background, and the modulation end of things is a bit too up-front for my liking.

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

I am getting gas from this thread.

Hows the bypass in this delay?

What power supply are you using with this?

Thanks all, I think I want one-!!!

The buffer is sweet, I've had mine nearly two years and it's the best delay I ever owned ... I sold a Space Echo I liked it so much. Standard 9 volt power supply ... amazing delay.

• Members

Yes, but Pedal Power 2's have been shipping (soon to be designated PP2+) since roughly Oct/Nov '04 with 200mA capabilities on output's 5&6 (the "Line 6" ones). Just keep one of those on the normal 9V setting and it'll power the DD-20 perfectly.

For PP2's made before the above date, you might want to contact VL to see if they will do an upgrade for you on those two outputs if you use/want to use the DD-20 or any of other Boss twin pedals, I presume.

• Members

Originally posted by TJ000

Any of you mess around with setting it with the 4db boost?

You can do something where you get some extra gain out of it and I was curious...

TJ

yeah I only use it in that mode.

• Members

Well here are some thing I don;t like about my DD-20.

No smooth speed changes, can't 'pitch' it without digital glitches.

Won't self oscilate which goes hand in hand with the 'pitching'.

No expression speed control.

I really enjoying my MXR analog delay. I added an expression jack for speed control.

What I think sounds really cool is to play a chord or note and just very slighty move the speed up or down, ever so slightly. If you swell it up just a little it sounds like the note or chord is blooming. If you do it down it gives it a dark vibe.

Way cool, super subtle, can't be done with my DD-20.

So the DD-20 sucks ass because even though it won;t do these things it is still sucha kick ass delay that I can now not part with either of the board!!! Fuck! Two HUGE ass delays and I NEED them both. I hate you DD-20, I love you DD-20. :p

• Members

Originally posted by mightyquinn

Well here are some thing I don;t like about my DD-20.

No smooth speed changes, can't 'pitch' it without digital glitches.

Won't self oscilate which goes hand in hand with the 'pitching'.

No expression speed control.

I really enjoying my MXR analog delay. I added an expression jack for speed control.

What I think sounds really cool is to play a chord or note and just very slighty move the speed up or down, ever so slightly. If you swell it up just a little it sounds like the note or chord is blooming. If you do it down it gives it a dark vibe.

Way cool, super subtle, can't be done with my DD-20.

So the DD-20 sucks ass because even though it won;t do these things it is still sucha kick ass delay that I can now not part with either of the board!!! Fuck! Two HUGE ass delays and I NEED them both. I hate you DD-20, I love you DD-20.
:p

Good points. It is digital, and acts as such, but some of the settings are great. I love the analogue setting for long delays, the deteriation of the repeat is lovely.

• Members

Hey,

Thanks so much for the info guy's. I was set on a DD-6 but now i want a DD-20. It's not much more money and does a ton more. Thanks again for your help everyone. I appreciate your advice.

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

Thanks so much for the info guy's. I was set on a DD-6 but now i want a DD-20. It's not much more money and does a ton more. Thanks again for your help everyone. I appreciate your advice.

I wish I had saved a while and bought a DD-20 instead of my DE-7. Its a big price difference but now I need both. I can't part with my self oscillating echos on the DE7.

• Members

Originally posted by theobserver

fookin GAS:mad:

I know. :(

I think I'll just do the multiple delay set-up; there is something about massive do-it-all stand-alone units that makes me wary, for some reason. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by turnip

I know.
:(

I think I'll just do the multiple delay set-up; there is something about massive do-it-all stand-alone units that makes me wary, for some reason.
:confused:

the dd20 is fantastic.

• Members

Originally posted by Mesabooger

Hell yeah, I'm love with this pedal.

Ring mod sounds

Reverse

Level: full

Repeat: zero

Time: between 10ms - 90ms different pitches

Take it up to 400ms with some wah and have fun

Got it from me first, biatches.

AHHHH!!!! That setting is cool. I discovered it by accident.

The DD-20 is by far a great delay pedal and my favorite pedal on my board. Couldn't live with out it!

Chad

• Members

yes it is a great pedal. I love mine. had a friend that actually knows how to play try it out while I tweaked it and got some lovely violin like tones with the reverse mode with a super long delay.

I'd like some more Edge like delay settings :)

How are you guys setting up the analog delays? I haven't used that mode too much since I haven't found anything to great in that mode...now the double and smooth delay rock

• Members

violin tones with the reverse mode? never heard it can do that

Hmm. Come to think of it. He might have been using his ebow. Then do the reverse mode with about a 1600 delay. I know some people think an ebow is useless...I think its an excellent tool when you really know how to use one.

Archived