The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Members

4 presets plus the manual setting, all of which you can access by footswitch. SO 5 sounds in total. You can't name any of them, they just have indicator LEDs to show you which one you're on.

I would honestly recommend the Nova Delay over the DD20, as they're similarly priced and the Nova has 9 presets plus manual and is altogether a FAR better sounding unit.

The only thing the DD20 has over the Nova is more choices on tempo sub-divisions and the SOS mode, which is not all that great as a looper because you can't start and stop it. When you stop it, your loop disappears.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had my DD-20 for two days now and I have a few questions...

First, if I'm using SOS and I have the phrase I want to be looped then I want to switch over to use the delays on my presets to play over my loop, can I only use the delay setting in MEM1? If I try to switch over to another preset the loop stops.

My second question is kind of hard to word so bear with me. If I'm on a preset and decide to change the delay mode without going to manual, will the new delay keep the same settings as my preset was set to or will it go to where the knobs are? This is sort of the reason why I don't like digital amps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi... I was wondering if there were anyway to tap in a GLOBAL delay time ... I am using an external tap temp pedal... I have 4 presets with Different types of delays randing from dotted 8th notes to delays with long feedbacks.... Is it possible to tap in a tempo and have it adjust all 4 delays?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I sold my DD-20.

just thought i'd let you know :wave:

• Members

Has anybody been able to cope a phaser sound in modulation mode?

The modulation on the DD-20 is definitely chorus-flavoured. I don't think you could get phasing that way. I have been getting some really cool subtle mixed-in-air phasing going on while running the DD-20 in stereo.

Chain is:

guitar (Jazzmaster at the moment) -> ZIM -> Nova Modulator => DD20 => Cornell Romany Plus / Epiphone Valve Jr

• Members

OK, my presets:

1. Tape mode- not sure of the settings (hed2, around 800ms), it was programmed by gjhardwick, and sounds nice, so I kept it. I think I might set it to an interesting tap tempo subdivision at some point...

2. Reverse- mix full, feedback min, tone 12 o'clock, 1200ms

3. "space"- Analog, mix 12 o'clock, tone 12 o'clock, repeats 10 o'clock, 500ms

4. "U2" - Modulate r:80 d:70, mix full, tone 12 o'clock, repeats min, tap set to dotted 8th notes. (time is stored around 375ms)

for live, I'll probably leave the manual mode set to SOS.

Tap tempo options are awesome from this pedal. I don't think there's anything else that has as many subdivisions. Great if you're in to rhythmic delays. I'm going to get myself an external pedal at some point, because the "hold for 2 seconds" thing is a PITA.

• Members

i'm strongly considering going back to a dd-20 for all my delay needs.

At the risk of resurrecting this thread only to kick it in the teeth, having a DD-20 is making me want my DL-4. The DD-20 grinds it in to the dust for regular, sensible delay sounds, but the DL-4 has way more scope for craziness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

With the DD-20 you can set the delay via BPM's correct? You can also save 4 different settings too right?

If you can do that, those alone are worth the money to me. I have a DD-6 but I hate having to mess with the speed. It's not that bad at practice and whatnot, but I don't want to have to do it live.

• Members

With the DD-20 you can set the delay via BPM's correct? You can also save 4 different settings too right?

Yes. I don't think I could go back to a single delay pedal for live any more. I love having presets :love:

Did some gigs this weekend with the DD-20. Definitely going to need the extra tap tempo pedal.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived