The Official DD-20 Lounge!! Settings, Secrets and Advice...

StrangeDay

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure that thing sounds great, but it is UGLIER than sh*t!!

Hmm, more like green {censored}...perhaps the diareah green runny kind after you've been sick or ate something that didn't agree with your stomach :mad:

:D

The dd-20 looks a lot nicer and I agree, lcd screen for exact timing is excellent. And those line 6 boxes are huge and clunky as {censored}. Though I've always kinda liked the pod xts for their amount of stuff they can do.

• Members

Originally posted by hide

don't quote that green thing again

its spoiling the thread
:mad:

BossDD-20Big.jpg

:D

From my lack of experience with either the DD-20 looks like a more useable interface while the DL-4 seems like it has some crazier delays possible. Am I wrong there?

now there is another picture of the DD-20 :p

• Members

Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

From my lack of experience with either the DD-20 looks like a more useable interface while the DL-4 seems like it has some crazier delays possible. Am I wrong there?

now there is another picture of the DD-20
:p

you're right there.

162405.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by StrykeBack

Ok, I'm going to have to ask for your settings from that clip again because I love that sound.

I was using it with a DR-880 drum machine set at 110 BPM, so I had the DD-20 in BPM display and at 110 BPM also. I used the "Smooth" setting and had the E.Level up around 12:00 and the F.Back was up around 12:00 too, if I remember correctly? Anyway I used allot of both ;)

EDIT: I think the E.Level was closer to 3:00

• Members

delay model "reverse"-

effect level at 3:00-

tone at 12:00-

feedback at 9:00-

connect a tap tempo pedal-

play along with a beat/drummer/drum machine/sequencer-

tap tempo randomly in and out of sync-

try to play in tempo despite this-

creates a strange almost "electronic" feel-

try a reverb pedal after the DD20 for even more strange results.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Six Degrees

Hmmmm...I'm not sure I get any sound coming into my headphones...what do you hear, since the guitar isn't going into an amp yet? Is it just a really clinically clean tone or something?

-SD

For me it's not all that clean because the DD-20 is the last pedal in my effects chain. YMMV

I'd say that if you're not hearing a strong signal through your phones then either your dd-20 or your headphones are broken.

• Members

Originally posted by Ivor The Engine Driver

Suggestion to StrangeDay:

As the thread's author and first poster, do you mind editing your first post to cut and paste any settings that get posted in the thread? that way, all of the settings are contained in the very first post - right at the beginning and lazy people like me do not have to hunt thru the discussion to find them.

Just an idea to make a great thread even greater!

+1

this is a great idea

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i was using this analog delay setting at 178ms with feedback and tone at 11 and level at 2...i can't seem to turn it off for everything...clean or overdrive

the best thing was, my gal complimented my sound and she ask me how come my guitar sounds better :o

btw

this thread ain't gonna die :mad:

Archived