Okay, so what's your rarest pedal?

loosegroove

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably my Letter Opener made by Brian Baker. He made 10 of them and I have #4. Great pedal I might add.

I've got #7, you must have bought the last one because I had a choice between 4 and 7 and I went with 7 because it's luckier, whereas 4 is a bad luck number. I hope it hasn't brought you bad luck!

• Members
#1 is A paul rivera ce-2 (two roland ce-1's in a rack mountable box the guitarist in Toto has one)

a close 2nd is a Nameloc (Foxx) volume octive fuzz wah

a close third is a promotional MXR pedal from the 82 namm show (it just lights up no sound)

A dod reverb pedal NOS

a Boss spectrum NOS with a BLACK knob and constant led

a NOS Foxx clean machine

a nos Boss DC-2

an Ibanez double sound

a Maxon UE-300

a Maxon AD-9 and PT-9 80's

a NOS EH big muff fuzz wah

A NOS MXR Junior pedal

A NOS sekova fuzz (a maestro fz-1 knockoff)

A DOS swell pedal NOS

an acetone wah (roland)

an Ibanez AFL

a NOS Ibanez STL

a metal Soundtank powerlead, modern fusion and crunchy rhythm

a DLX big muff

a maxon SM-9 and sm-01

A foxx power machine (the maxwell house lid version)

a dod 670 flange dead mint

Not to mention all the commande series MXR peds and the final MXR metal series peds

Nice list...and you only had to find a post almost two years old to bump :confused:

• Members

Hey alteredsounds - what's your take on the 4-knob DMM? Have you tried to TB it? (looks like you did, since there is a white ring around the switch) Is yours noisy like hell?

Hey dude, I've got 3 of them lol, got them all very cheap and 'non-working', 5 minute fix with the internal trimmers! Not too much noise problems tbh, repeats are quite dirty but sad1024 chips were never hi-fi.

• Members
Hey dude, I've got 3 of them lol, got them all very cheap and 'non-working', 5 minute fix with the internal trimmers! Not too much noise problems tbh, repeats are quite dirty but sad1024 chips were never hi-fi.

3 of them? :eek: You're sitting on a goldmine.

The repeats are dirty on mine as well, which I actually like in a lot of applications. Mine gets quite a bit of clock whine above 8k hz when I crank the delay time, so I have to eq it out. I tried to true bypass it, but was only partially successful. I was able to bypass the level pot when the switch is off, which is an improvement, but I still hear the clock whine :confused: Do you know how to bypass the clock whine?

• Members

Sorry no pics of the top two but:
-Lovepedal cleanboost (this was a one-off on ebay)
-Lovepedal wah/fuzz/octave thing. This was a thing Sean did for about for like a week. Send him an old crybaby and he'd send it back with crazy different things going on. Unfortunately I don't keep it on my board but it is really fun.
-Tremulus Lune. Not "rare" per say, but unique.

lupo29.jpg

• Members
3 of them?
:eek:
You're sitting on a goldmine.

The repeats are dirty on mine as well, which I actually like in a lot of applications. Mine gets quite a bit of clock whine above 8k hz when I crank the delay time, so I have to eq it out. I tried to true bypass it, but was only partially successful. I was able to bypass the level pot when the switch is off, which is an improvement, but I still hear the clock whine
:confused:
Do you know how to bypass the clock whine?

You should be able to dial that out with the internal trimmers but you really should use a scope because they are a nightmare! :eek:

Archived