I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Members

Originally posted by jrak

I quoted this from JCN's post

"It all comes down to who you spend time with from day to day.

It's like when you're a kid and your parents tell you your {censored} don't stink, and you genuinely walk around believing you can do anything.

It's not confidence, it's delusion."

and then posted a not so nice reply because I don't think JCN was attempting to be nice to me

why?

I don't know

but I then, yes, I was not nice back

So I was saying when you base your self perception on the kind opinions of those who like you as a person instead of evaluation of your work independant of who you are, you don't have the most accurate opinion of your abilities.

You don't know how hard it is to climb a rope until you try.

But whatever. Continue on down your path. I'm sure you'll "make it" and have a great career and we'll all sit around and talk about how wrong we were.

I'll indulge your fantasies long enough to send you on your way.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This whole thread keeps giving me flashes of terrible singers trying to convince Simon Cowell that his evaluation of them is incorrect. He tells them that they just aren't good enough to sing professionally, and they stand there and argue and say that he just doesn't know what good singing is.

Kinda makes me wish there was a "Guitar Idol" competition. I'm sure it wouldn't be as popular as "American Idol," but it would be a lot of fun to watch. I'm sure there would be a lot of people with crazy chops (on an unrelated note, my USB keyboard decided to freak out as I was typing, so it almost came out "craaaaaaaaazy chops" :D ).

:idea:

Hmm...maybe they should consider that. They could have open auditions for the first few rounds, then require people to play in different styles in the later rounds to show both their skill at their chosen style as well as their versatility.

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

This whole thread keeps giving me flashes of terrible singers trying to convince Simon Cowell that his evaluation of them is incorrect.

I'm not saying you're a terrible player, by the way. I'm just saying that there are a lot of people who go on that show who are great in a school choir or who sound nice with a splash or two of reverb at a karaoke bar. But there's a difference between that and being a pop star.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

IMO, it's...bad...quality...random insertion...it is...basic...plucking...fuzz...problem...challenge...childish...

chord...clips...more...criticism...Like...smoke the pot...doodz...work... new...soundtrack to...the world...

named mabus...long...artist...whatever...posted...fuzz....

And...pounding...fuzz....sell it...burn...the world...But...bull{censored}...everyone...about your music...

and...your opinion...some...clips...received...guys like...

nice...large...annoying...pet...tell you...Jesse

I paraphrased your comments jcn...They were too long. I hope you don't mind:D :D :D

• Members

here's the thing you have failed at music

I'm young good looking and talented, I have a possible future in music

I make music that I and like minded people enjoy, you are obviously not of a like mind

you also have apparently failed

though good luck with your Jazz book,everyone knows all the girls scream for the Jazz book authors, go get em' tiger

You are truly an idiot. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by CS

Unlike many who have slagged your music without providing any of their own,

I recently started a thread with my renditions of The Trooper and Crazy Train.

I'm willing to bet $200 that our buddy Jrak will think my covers SUCK and that my playing is soulless.

I'll manage with the 'soullessness' if that means being able to cop a Randy Rhoads solo for at least 85%. ;):p

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1875&alid=-1

Take a listen at "Lightning Warrior", it's something I've written myself (inspired by Dokken) and played myself (also MANUAL drumcomputer!)

It's faaaaar from perfect or anything, but it's at least better than Jrak's Medieval Fuzziness on so many levels, it's scary!

-recording quality
-musical coherence
-actual diverse guitar playing
-guitar tone that suits the piece
-(aside from some sloppy snarehits here and there, a pretty constant tempo)
etc.

Let's hear it Jrak: soulless noodling, right? Sucky music, right?
I'm a bad guitarplayer, or at least worse than you, right?

:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

I'm willing to bet $200 that our buddy Jrak will think my covers SUCK and that my playing is soulless.

I'll manage with the 'soullessness' if that means being able to cop a Randy Rhoads solo for at least 85%.
;):p

Take a listen at "Lightning Warrior", it's something I've written myself (inspired by Dokken) and played myself (also MANUAL drumcomputer!)

It's faaaaar from perfect or anything, but it's at least better than Jrak's Medieval Fuzziness on so many levels, it's scary!

-recording quality

-musical coherence

etc.

I dont like that kind of stuff, but it was well done.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Then you went on to say that, basically, anyone with any level of adeptness at the instrument was "soulless".

not at all, look at Hendrix, Buddy Guy, Freddie King that is soul baby and they were adapted to their instruments to a extreme degree

I simply find most modern players ( and most Jazz ) lacking in that department

a lot of you take lessons or read books and know a lot technically but you don't feel what you're playing and there for that soul less quality is communicated in the notes instead of passion and emotion

Without the RP challenge, your clips would have received, more than likely, much more constructive criticism.

ok, that sucks

You call everyone else's work "nothing new", as if your clips aren't the soundtrack to every Guitar Center across the world.

I don't really hear many people play like me when I go to music shops if you do your lucky and please put me in contact with that prodigy

But it is inherrently bull{censored} to come in and tell everyone they're wrong about your music, their music, and each others music, and the basis for this is your opinion.

If you don't like my music I don't care because I like it, and it is my opinion that matters. If I don't somebody else's music yes that is my opinion but it means to these ears it doesn't sound so good, and I am entitled to my opinion. I generally do not share it if I have nothing nice to say ( unless someone has been rude to me) but I, like everyone, is entitled to my opinion and it is no way inherently bull{censored} simply because you declare it that, in my existence, my opinions are facts

We've had some truly terrible clips posted here in the past, and they've all been received fairly kindly, aside from guys like RP. We're nice people. But you have a very large ego. That's annoying. So don't expect everyone to pet your pretty brown locks and tell you how great Jesse is.

yeah, people like to knock people who exude confidence, it's human nature,

but I think that is mostly people who lack confidence in themselves and are threatened when they see it in someone else, so they try to bring them down to their level.

I like my music, if someone posts something I don't like I don't comment on it because I know I like my tastes and I'm confident in my ability so why should I knock someone else who is doing their thing even if I don't like it.

Why would someone try to knock somebody else down? Unless deep down they had reservations about them selves and desired others to feel as crappy as they do.

Well it didn't work you {censored}s

because I am really good and I still like my music

• Members

Mr. Sage's observation is exactly what I was thinking through out the entire thread. This is very much like Shanequa when she was rejected. She swivelled her head to Simon and yelled, "oh NO you dnt'...oh NO you DN't...I'm gonna be a star..."

Fellas don't waste your time.

By the way, I'll call a spade a spade. That stuff sucked the chrome off a trailer hitch. Sell your stuff now and go into sales or something else that requires an enormous ego.

It's not taste by the way...it just sucks.

• Members
Originally posted by airship71

You have the nerve to call HIS stuff unlistenable after the songs you posted? Unbelievable.
:freak:

yes, I literally could not listen to that song he linked to, it was horrible

if you like his stuff and not mine I feel sorry for you

• Members

not at all, look at Hendrix, Buddy Guy, Freddie King that is soul baby and they were adapted to their instruments to a extreme degree

I simply find most modern players ( and most Jazz ) lacking in that department

a lot of you take lessons or read books and know a lot technically but you don't feel what you're playing and there for that soul less quality is communicated in the notes instead of passion and emotion

ok, that sucks

I don't really hear many people play like me when I go to music shops if you do your lucky and please put me in contact with that prodigy

If you don't like my music I don't care because I like it, and it is my opinion that matters. If I don't somebody else's music yes that is my opinion but it means to these ears it doesn't sound so good, and I am entitled to my opinion. I generally do not share it if I have nothing nice to say ( unless someone has been rude to me) but I, like everyone, is entitled to my opinion and it is no way inherently bull{censored} simply because you declare it that, in my existence, my opinions are facts

but I think that is mostly people who lack confidence in themselves and are threatened when they see it in someone else, so they try to bring them down to their level.

I like my music, if someone posts something I don't like I don't comment on it because I know I like my tastes and I'm confident in my ability so why should I knock someone else who is doing their thing even if I don't like it.

Why would someone try to knock somebody else down? Unless deep down they had reservations about them selves and desired others to feel as crappy as they do.

There are too many hilarious things in that post.

• Members

There's confidence, then there's cockiness. You have the latter.

The first is a state of mind.

The second is a manner of behaving (and acting/reacting to others).

You're right, though. People do like to knock people who act cocky.

• Members

yes, I literally could not listen to that song he linked to, it was horrible

if you like his stuff and not mine I feel sorry for you

See, here's the thing: you're stuff's not completely horrible, it's just not that interesting. Like other folks have said, it reminds me of stuff I did when I first started playing. Here's another thing -- I didn't start playing until I was around your age. The difference is, I knew my stuff wasn't all that great and I never would have posted it on an internet forum and asked people to critique it. You might very well have some potential, but I just don't see how you can listen to the stuff you posted and feel like you have absolutely reached the pinnacle of you musical achievements! I would certainly hope not!

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

you wouldn't know funny if it sucked your dick.

and even if he would notice, he'd say that funny's dicksucking sucked. :idea::freak:

Jrak: faith in yourself is a good thing.
Not willing to take criticism for what it is is a bad thing.

If 40 people say your music and skills suck and only you're the one saying it's great... well... you do the math.

And dismissing a whole genre without even WANTING to hear stuff from it, is not only stupid but short-sighted as well.

I'm a rocker/metalhead by heart, but I can sure swing my ass to disco (and I love the basslines from Abba and the Bee Gees), I really love '40's crooner-stuff (I always sing such stuff during the dishes... my kitchen becomes a big Las Vegas ballroom :D ),
I hold skilled country-players in the highest regards, because they're usually more diverse than highly skilled metalplayers.

My music teacher in high school said it best:
There's good music and there's bad music in each genre.

Do a few steps towards open minded-ness, and your whole persona will become more likeable instantly.

• Members

in my existence, my opinions are facts

This sums up the whole thread and kind of puts a pretty bow on it.

Most people, as they approach adolescence begin to learn that there is a world beyond their existence.

You remember that episode of Growing Pains where Mike stayed home from school sick, and had his mind blown because, even though he wasn't on it, the school bus still drove down his street?

Just do yourself a favor, since your life is so full and meaningful, and don't waste your valuable time or insult yourself by asking people for honest opinions anymore. In the future just say "My music rules your ass, here it is, listen to it and shut the {censored} up you stupid {censored}ers".

Because, honestly, that's exactly what you mean.

Instant karma my ass.

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

I'll manage with the 'soullessness' if that means being able to cop a Randy Rhoads solo for at least 85%.
;):p

-recording quality

-musical coherence

etc.

no wonder you don't like my music

you play some {censored} ass 80's metal {censored}

you got me beat on recording quality, I was not attempting a constant tempo, I like to change tempo it's part of my style I find it trippy and I do play psych music not "hair band" metal,

you seem to have some "chops" and it's not as soulless as some others but I just don't like that sort of music, it's sort of gay

Metal is general is gay ( no offence to the actual homosexuals) and that sort of stuff is your taste I could care less that you don't like my music and I would expect that to be the case, I'm not making music for your type.

so go put that lipstick on and fluff out your hair maybe you'll finally get your break

• Members

I was gonna stay outta this one, but its been a fun read.

Look Jerk, er sorry, jrak, you dare compare your drivel to Hendrix, Buddy Guy, and Freddie King?

Perhaps you should pull out their cd's again and give em a long long listen.

Then go to your soundclips and listen.

Your *gasp* "music" as you call it is absolute crap!

And if you think you are good and don't really care what other people think about it, then why the hell would you post a link to your crappy ass tracks and ask others what they think of it?

My opinion: You "music" is soul less boring lackluster crap, man. Deal with it. You sound like you are about 8 years old and just started playing about a month ago.

Take some lessons!

Archived