I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I'm not going to call you talentless in any case, or insult your clips because I don't know how close you feel to them, but they are not the sort of thing I listen to.

I think it would be greatly improved without the drumming. I mean, the drumming is sort of laughable. I can't drum either, so as a result of that, the stuff I record either has no drumming, or I use drum loops.

If you want honesty, I think it sounds like like an attempt at My Bloody Valentine with a 5 year old drummer.

As contrast, I think Jaymeister's clip shows a high degree of skill. Not a genre I enjoy, but I can hear it and say "That guy is a good guitar player". Similar to my bluegrass analogy above. Whereas your music is sort of steeped in whatever genre it is, so it's more of a sound thing.

So, what I'm saying is if you like listening to slow arpeggios with fuzz, then your stuff is great (aside from the drumming, seriously). But when I listen to slow arpeggios with fuzz, I don't feel like that's a display of talent, so much as an indulgence in style, if that makes any sense. Surely your playing isn't limited to slow arpeggios, so it's not a display of your talent. It's more a statement of your particular taste in music.

Also, the name "Medieval Sorcerer" is really asking to be made fun of. I like Medieval Sorcerers too, I think they {censored}ing rule, but you can't name anything that unless you're trying to be funny.

So there's my opinion.

If you're going to challenge me to any duels, you can hear a couple of clips of me messing around
and

well stated

I'm not a great drummer but I thought what I did was alright, enough to advace the songs ( on some of them I'm not too happy with the drum sound but these were demos)

Yeah it's psych music, if that's not your thing you might not like it, my playing is an indulgence in that style more then me trying to prove my self as "talented" ( I hate shredding, I like music)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Boy, that was a shock.

sorry dude, I actually did think I might like it but I did not, the guitar playing was abrasive and once the vocals started I just turned it off

• Members

Originally posted by iwantpedals

me too. he knows more than 6th root pentatonic.

I don't know {censored} technically, I tought myself by playing, I've developed feel and musical sensibilty while many have a ton of musical knowledge but their music sounds like {censored} like GBM apparently

• Members

sorry man but your songs {censored}ing suck and you need a new fuzz pedal or something. quit doing that one bend ahhhh. and wtf is with the name medieval sorcerers???!?!?!? maybe someday you can get on harry potter soundtrack:psychadelic version too!

insulting other people doesn't exactly beg for a nice response

bitch

I didn't start out insulting anyone {censored}

I just named the song that after I recorded it because it reminded me of that for some reason

• Members

Originally posted by jrak

I don't know {censored} technically, I tought myself by playing, I've developed feel and musical sensibilty while many have a ton of musical knowledge but their music sounds like {censored} like GBM apparently

Maybe its the recording quality, maybe it is the random harmonica (?) lines, maybe it is the lack of a decernable tempo, but the clips are weak dude. The songs sound like they have some potential (to me at least) but the clips are unimpressive. The playing is hard to listen to and really harsh and noisy. Weak.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

I'm not offended.

Your clips are awful whether you respect me or not.

here's the thing you have failed at music

I'm young good looking and talented, I have a possible future in music

I make music that I and like minded people enjoy, you are obviously not of a like mind

you also have apparently failed

though good luck with your Jazz book,everyone knows all the girls scream for the Jazz book authors, go get em' tiger

• Members
Originally posted by jrak

here's the thing you have failed at music

I'm young good looking and talented, I have a possible future in music

I make music that I and like minded people enjoy, you are obviously not of a like mind

you also have apparently failed

though good luck with your Jazz book,everyone knows all the girls scream for the Jazz book authors, go get em' tiger

so you say you just want music with soul, then you say you want to sell that same soul to the devil and play coldplay covers and get laid? hmmmph

hello "young good looking guy with (im)possible future in music" :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

Maybe its the recording quality, maybe it is the random harmonica (?) lines, maybe it is the lack of a decernable tempo, but the clips are weak dude. The songs sound like they have some potential (to me at least) but the clips are unimpressive. The playing is hard to listen to and really harsh and noisy. Weak.

these are demos, I just bought a digital studio and I'm not too great at recording stuff for fidelity but the songs were what I was trying to get across in this "demonstation"

it is lo-fi to say the least

also that's a melodica and the changing tempo is kinda part of my music, I like to do thay because it trips me out to hear stuff like that

• Members

so you say you just want music with soul, then you say you want to sell that same soul to the devil and play coldplay covers and get laid? hmmmph

hello "young good looking guy with (im)possible future in music"
:wave:

I'm actually in it for the music baby I was just trying to insult this Jazzy cat

coldplay?

I can't wait to prove you all wrong

• Members

here you go jrak, for the sole purpose of entertainment i went a dug up a RoboPimp cllip for you.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1062380

i try not to insult anyone, but really come on now, at the very least even if you don't like Ginboons music, or JCN's you should at least appreciate the fact that they are structured songs. you aren't going to WOW people with a muddy riff played over and over. and if you think that it's not a fair representation of what you play, then don't get your panties in a bunch when people tell you that those clips are bad.

• Members

Originally posted by idiot savant

here you go jrak, for the sole purpose of entertainment i went a dug up a RoboPimp cllip for you.

i try not to insult anyone, but really come on now, at the very least even if you don't like Ginboons music, or JCN's you should at least appreciate the fact that they are structured songs. you aren't going to WOW people with a muddy riff played over and over. and if you think that it's not a fair representation of what you play, then don't get your panties in a bunch when people tell you that those clips are bad.

dude that is just one song

all of my music is quite differnt, and what about the chords progessions and rhythms

also I really like my music, most people have, I'm shocked by the responce I've gotten

Archived